Pirate Bandanas

ColoradoDisneyFreaks

DIS Veteran
Both of our cruises on the magic 07 & 08 we were given these at dinner on Pirate night. On the Wonder in 09 these were not given out and if you wanted to dress like a Pirate you had to hit Treasure Ketch. Next cruise is on the Magic and am wondering if we need to bring the old bandanas or whether they still give them out on the longer cruises.

We were on the Jan. 23rd sailing of the Magic Western and each seat at the tables had a bandana on Pirate night.

Not sure about the longer cruises, but we did get them on our 4 night Wonder this January.

We first cruised on the WOnder in 2009--did not get them (we now have a total of 3 Wonder sailings). Magic sailings in 2009--did get the 1/2 sized bandanas both times. The full sized ones have been gone for a long time.

We were on 2/14 Magic cruise. We all got red triangle ones at our dinner table.

Kids got bigger (square) black ones at the kids club (no Disney Logo, Orental Trading kind). They had to choose to do the "pirate prep" session at Oceaneer's Club, not in the Lab, to get them. They got paper eye patches as well.

On 2008 MR Magic, we got them as well. :thumbsup2

It sounds like on Wonder we do not get them?? :confused: Great heads up for our MR on Wonder coming up next year, thanks.

Last three night (11/2009) I was on I asked my servey why we did not get them and he told me they only give them out on 4 nights or longer. None for the 3 nights. Also the pirate themed menu is for 4 nights and longer also.

Just sailed on the 2/14 Wonder .. no scarves, we were told that they cut them out as they were finding them all over the ship, felt it was a wasted expense.

Bring your old ones for adults. The new ones are smaller and don't really fit big heads.

If you have a group that doesn't plan to dress up, here's what I did for our family of 'not costume people'.

At the party store I picked up some Pirates of the Caribbean 'treasure chests' (stiff paper, 2 or three to a pack). I got some mardi gras beads in assorted colors, an eye patch for each of the males and some gold coins. Prior to pirate night I arranged with my head server to be able to come into the dining room a few minutes early and set up two chests with the booty spilling out and some coins scattered around. Along with the DCL bandanas we were able to get into the spirit at dinner that night.

Does anyone know if when the Dream starts doing the 5 night 2 stops in CC if they will have the Pirate Night and Fireworks????

Does anyone know if when the Dream starts doing the 5 night 2 stops in CC if they will have the Pirate Night and Fireworks????

While no one KNOWS...I'm sure they will. Technically the Dream is taking over the Wonder's itinerary, so one would expect the same kind of schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!