Pinterest??

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
Hi, I am pretty sure I read about PINTEREST on the Budget Board. Is the ONLY way to Log In thru Face Book or Twitter?? I requested an invite and was told I was on a waiting list?? I have Face Book but how much from Pinterest will show up on my News feed?? Any help is appreciated!! I REALLY love the site!! Joan

I don't sign in to Pinterest using Facebook. You can opt to have your interests show up on Facebook, but I do not do that because it would clog up people's news feeds. I love Pinterest and find all kinds of cool stuff on there. If you have a friend who is already on it, you can ask for an invite to get on right away.

I sign in thru facebook but you dont have to, I like it becaue it automaticaly links me to my facebook friends pins, but I dont share my pins on facebook. That is a seperate option. If you pm me your email address, I can send you an invite.

I sign in thru facebook but you dont have to, I like it becaue it automaticaly links me to my facebook friends pins, but I dont share my pins on facebook. That is a seperate option. If you pm me your email address, I can send you an invite.

Thank You!! :)

Does anybody know how long the waitlist is? waiting and getting very addicted to it.

I got my invite in like a day or two a few weeks ago. Didn't take long!

Ditto what others said- it automatically hooked to my fb but I don't have anything pinned from there to fb. I'm still figuring it all out though!!

I've tried to unlink my account from facebook and it's not working for me. I edit my profile, slide the 'link to facebook' button to off and save, but if I go back in it's back on 'on.' Also, I wanted to upload a generic picture so my facebook picture isn't on there, but the upload button doesn't work for me either. *sigh*

I can see where it could get pretty addictive though. Kinda like the Disboards. ;)

If you need an invite, send me a PM with an email you don't mind using. I'll get you an invite at some point tonight.

I'm signed up on Pinterest, but I can honestly say that I don't get how to use it. When I signed up, it automatically made me follow everyone that I am friends with on facebook. I totally don't want to follow all those people. I can't figure out how to "unfollow" any of them. Any time I try to pin something, it doesn't work. I downloaded the pin it thing to my computer. I push it when I see a blog that I like. When I go back to pinterest, it doesn't show up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. :confused3 Good luck to you, though.

I sign in through facebook. It gives me the option after I pin something to post it to my page. I don't do that though and nothing has ever shown up on my facebook page.

I'm signed up on Pinterest, but I can honestly say that I don't get how to use it. When I signed up, it automatically made me follow everyone that I am friends with on facebook. I totally don't want to follow all those people. I can't figure out how to "unfollow" any of them. Any time I try to pin something, it doesn't work. I downloaded the pin it thing to my computer. I push it when I see a blog that I like. When I go back to pinterest, it doesn't show up. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. :confused3 Good luck to you, though.

To get rid of the unwanted folks. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner. Once you are on your page you will see your name to the left (and profile pic if you have one) and under your name there on the left it will say ##followers, ##following. Click on the following. It will then list all the people you follow and you just click unfollow and they are gone.

As to the other, do you have the +pinterest in your browser bar? Once you hit when you are on a blog it should have a pop up window where you can put it in a category, pick out which pic you want to use and type in a description. Once you save that it should show up on your pins (where you click your name at the top right of the screen).

It does take a bit of getting used to but it is still in beta (I think). I LOVE it.

I have been waiting (none too patiently) for DAYS now - obsessively checking my email for my invite. If someone on here could send me an invite I would be so grateful.

email tiferetsix@msn.com

many thanks in advance

jane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!