Pinterest App?

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Does anyone have the Pinterest App on their iPad?

I've hesitated to get it because I've heard it takes up a lot of space, and because the one I used to have on my phone showed only one pin at a time. But I keep getting the message asking if I want it, and the browser version definitely doesn't work as well on here as on my home computer.

So I'm seriously considering caving in, but my questions are: How much does the iPad version show on the screen at once? And have you had any problems with the app taking up too much space?

Thanks!

I have it on my Samsung Tab 3 tablet, which is similar to an iPad.

It shows a lot more than one pin. It's a lot more like the webpage, with two or three pins in a row, and then you can continuously scroll down to see more. It doesn't take up a whole lot of space in comparison to how much space I have on the tablet. I have plenty of games on there as well, and they're a lot larger.

I have it on my iPad. Like you, I resisted for a long time, as I tend to use the Safari browser for everything and no apps. Anyway, it works great. Very smooth, easy to open and close pins. Easy to pin. It doesn't take up any more space than anything else. I have Minecraft on my iPad for DD and that is the number one space hog. Here is a screen shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 3
I have it and use it on occasion...it's very similar to the web page. I don't know how much space it takes up but it's not an app that hit my radar when I need to make room available on my iPad.

You could always try it and if you don't like it, delete it.

OK, so I did it, and now I'm in the "learning curve" stage.

I get the swiping motion to pin/like/send, but how do you just "open" a pin, so you can see the article it links to? (Every time I click on one, it seems to take me to a different pin or a related board instead.)

Also, nothing happens when I try to tap "expand pin" at the bottom of the ones that are longer. Does that work differently in the app?

Last edited:
Just in case anyone else had the same question, I did solve my "clicking on a pin" problem. It seems it only reads correctly if I hold the iPad vertically instead of horizontally.

I'm enjoying that the pics load a lot faster than they did in the browser.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter