Pink Pajamas, Penguins on the Bottom PTR, August 2010 with pics!

Sorry for no updates over the past couple of days. Work has been super busy over the past few days and I am so exhausted when I get home, I usually just crash. I do have plenty to share like pics of some new purchases and my day 2 plans. I will try to post either tomorrow or the next day.

I am also thinking about getting this to use as my carry-on since it has a cooler on bottom which would be good for snacks and then a regular storage area on top: http://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Time-Insulated-Cooler-Backpack/dp/B000O8CWNG

I have this Picnic Time wine/cheese tote which I love!

They are a little pricey but when on sale, grab them! I bough mine for 50%off at a sample sale. They are great quality and look like their products are sturdy and last a long time. I have bought a few cheap coolers before and they oftentimes have leaked or just did't hold up. Either way, your choices look great! :cloud9:

I have this Picnic Time wine/cheese tote which I love!

They are a little pricey but when on sale, grab them! I bough mine for 50%off at a sample sale. They are great quality and look like their products are sturdy and last a long time. I have bought a few cheap coolers before and they oftentimes have leaked or just did't hold up. Either way, your choices look great! :cloud9:

I will definitely keep an eye out for that to go on sale. It is so cute! And also perfect for picnics and trips!
:goodvibes

I was kinda surprised by the hours. I would have expected that they were open till midnight or something. Same thing is happening the night of our arrival. 9pm is the latest any park is open.

I was surprised, too. My original add on dates included late evening EMH for MK which I really love. I stay up late anyway so I love being in the park after hours. However, that isn't happening on any of the days we are staying.

So I guess I should explain the way I plan things before continuing with my daily plans. I choose which park to go to on which days depending on EMHs so we can try to get the most time in each park. I did the same thing on my previous trip and it worked out really well. So our first full day/2nd day, we will be at the MK. Here are the park hours for that day: 9am – 12 am (EMH 9pm – 12am).

Our morning plans will all be based on how tired we are. I was thinking about trying to make it to rope drop since the kids are with me and I've never actually seen any of the parks rope drops in the past. If we get there in time to see the rope drop, my fiance will be meeting us at our breakfast ADR at Chef Mickey's at 10:35am. He will probably want to sleep in and I told him that was ok to do. He's not as big of a WDW fan as me and the kids are so I told him if he wants to take breaks and hang out in the room or by the pool, I'm ok with that. However, I think he will probably fall in love with WDW. Probably not as much as me but that's ok. I pretty much turn into a little kid when I visit WDW. When I went with my bestfriend, he laughed at me because he swears he's never seen the look on my face that I get when I am at WDW.

I picked Chef Mickey's because I felt like it would be a good memory for the girls to have breakfast with Mickey and friends on our first full day at WDW. Plus I loved Chef Mickey's breakfast and have raved to the girls about it.

So if we do make it for rope drop, the girls and I will check out wait times for the dumbo ride. It is something I have always wanted to ride but never have. Plus, the girls are very excited to ride it, too. We will also be checking out Ariel's Grotto since AJ is such a huge fan of Ariel. We may try to ride a couple other things but it depends on the wait times. We may also try to get fastpasses for Mickey's Philharmagic but that depends on what the return times are. It will mostly just be about showing them around the MK. Especially since their dad will will want to see their reactions to the rides as well. After breakfast, we will make our way back to MK and check out wait times for the rides that we want to ride. We will definitely be riding Haunted Mansion and the Carousel of Progress. I've told the girls a lot about the Haunted Mansion ride. So now the girls talk about it all the time and can't wait to ride.

Here is a list of our must do rides at MK (not in order):

Dumbo
Carousel of Progress
Haunted Mansion
Mickey's Philharmagic (One of my faves :love:)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
It's a Small World
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Mickey and Minnie's Houses
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Hall of Presidents
The Enchanted Tiki Room
Barnstormer
Swiss Family Treehouse
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Ariel's Grotto

Since I have an extra day for MK planned, I am not too worried if we don't get to ride everything we want on the first day. Since we will be eating such a late breakfast, we will grab a snack in the afternoon and then do a QS dinner in the MK. I'm not sure which QS we will choose. Does anyone have any recommendations on QS at MK? I've only eaten at Cosmic Ray's but I've heard some good reviews about Pinocchio Village Haus and Columbia Harbour House. I would also like to see Wishes if they are showing it that night and see one of the parades. I am not sure where to find the schedules for the fireworks or parades. I'm pretty sure there is one. Just not sure where to find it. Does anyone have a link where I can find them?

So around the time MK closes, we will head back to POP to rest up for our day at AK.

Next up: Some of my trip purchases (with pics)

Before I post my next update, I wanted to find out what your must do rides at MK are and your favorite QS. So please post and let me know. I will post a new update this afternoon/evening and should be posting a few more over the next couple of days since I'm off from work. Woohoo! :banana:

Must do rides in MK?... Well, we try and do everything...so it is all a must do. ;) However, the things I like to do more than once;

Pirates
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion

My youngest likes to do these rides multiple times

Tea Cups
Magic Carpet
Carousel

As far as the QS.. well... Cosmic Rays has a HUGE menu and it is easy to find something that each person may want. Problem is, they are a busy location and so lots and lots of people can make dinning a less than fun experience. I like Pecos Bills (burgers) or Golden Oak Outpost or El Pirata y el Perico (taco salads) over Cosmic Rays. They are three separate places instead of just the one, but they are each so close to each other that it isn't hard to order from all three and still eat in the general area. Golden Oak Outpost has flatbread sandwiches that looked SO yummy...but I didn't try one. (I plan to this time) Fyi on that one, since they don't offer a kids meal...you can order a reg. meal and use a kids credit. Made it nice for dd who wanted nuggets. She got a lot more and it still only used one kids credit. For a nice atmosphere, I think Columbia Harbor House is nice. (go upstairs if it is open) You have to be in the mood for fish though.

Must do rides in MK?... Well, we try and do everything...so it is all a must do. ;) However, the things I like to do more than once;

Pirates
Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion

My youngest likes to do these rides multiple times

Tea Cups
Magic Carpet
Carousel

As far as the QS.. well... Cosmic Rays has a HUGE menu and it is easy to find something that each person may want. Problem is, they are a busy location and so lots and lots of people can make dinning a less than fun experience. I like Pecos Bills (burgers) or Golden Oak Outpost or El Pirata y el Perico (taco salads) over Cosmic Rays. They are three separate places instead of just the one, but they are each so close to each other that it isn't hard to order from all three and still eat in the general area. Golden Oak Outpost has flatbread sandwiches that looked SO yummy...but I didn't try one. (I plan to this time) Fyi on that one, since they don't offer a kids meal...you can order a reg. meal and use a kids credit. Made it nice for dd who wanted nuggets. She got a lot more and it still only used one kids credit. For a nice atmosphere, I think Columbia Harbor House is nice. (go upstairs if it is open) You have to be in the mood for fish though.

I also ride Haunted Mansion and Pirates as many times as I can. On my last trip, I rode HM at least 4 or 5 times in one day. It always had a short line plus I just can't get enough of it. One of the reasons we always did Carousel of Progress was because of the AC and the line wasn't very long. It's was always our go to ride when I was younger and is still mine now.

Thanks for the QS info. I was familiar with the menus for Cosmic Ray's, Columbia HH, and Pecos Bill's. I also wasn't sure about CHH and the fish thing. I like fish a lot but on a hot summer day, I'm not sure how we would all do with eating fried fish. However, I had never checked out the menu for Golden Outpost and El Pirata y el Perico. They both seem to have very yummy choices that are more things that we pick. Plus I love that you mentioned they are close to each other so if we want different things then we can do that. That's good for us because sometimes we don't all want the same type of food. So thanks for the info!
:goodvibes :thumbsup2

I have been buying stuff on and off for several months. So most of these things were bought at different times from different places.

First off, a little back story on my recent purchases. I was determined I needed a special body wash for the trip. I know it seems a little silly but on my last trip, I ended up buying my body wash from Bath & Body Works. I bought the Coconut Lime Verbena Scent because we were staying at CBR and it seemed to be the perfect match. I had never tried the scent before but fell in love with it. Now every time I use that scent it reminds me of my trip. So this trip, I thought I'd try to find a new scent or just make the Coconut Lime my WDW scent again. But then something magical happened :wizard:. I went to B&BW last weekend to get a few hand sanitizers for work. I was down to one and needed more. A month or so I got one of these: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3958303 You can also see a better pic of them on annmarieda's PTR. Mine is like the one in the pic except it's pink and blue swirl. Now back to my story, when I went to B&BW to get more hand sanitizers I planned on getting 5 since the deal for them is 5 for $5. When I was deciding which scents I wanted, a sales person came over and gave me one hand sanitizer for free (Japanese Cherry Blossom) and a coupon to get one free Signature Item if I spent $10. So I went ahead and got 10 hand sanitizers and decided that the free body wash would be my WDW one. I immediately went to the Coconut Lime option. However, when Haylee smelled it, she wasn't impressed. :confused3 I know for all the Coconut Lime fans that seems crazy but she can be a picky girl sometimes. :) So I continued my search and found the perfect option:

DSC00156.jpg

I loved the look. It seemed very much like it fit with POP's theming. The scent is great. According to the website, this is the scent description: Moonlight Magic is a cosmic blend of luminous flowers and luscious berries celebrating starry skies and a world of boundless imagination. This choice made me very happy because I have also been eyeing this since it matches POP's theming but it's only lotion, lip gloss and body spray, not body wash (really love the watermelon scent):

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...92&page=1&cgname=OSBAFRUSZZZ&rfnbr=6326&atp=a

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...60&page=1&cgname=OSBAFRUSZZZ&rfnbr=6326&atp=a

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...94&page=2&cgname=OSBAFRUSZZZ&rfnbr=6326&atp=a

I like them but still not sure yet. I know I would use them for more than just the trip so that's a plus.

Here are the rest of my B&BW purchases:

Hand Sanitizers - The Scents are Twilight Woods (AJ's fave, mostly cause of the movie "Twilight"), Midnight Pomegranate, Nectarine Mint, 2 Fresh Market Apples (one is Haylee's), white citrus, caribbean escape, unscented, cucumber melon and dancing waters (I decided to try some new scents since I was getting so many)
DSC00159.jpg

Free Hand Sanitizer :cool1:
DSC00160.jpg

Coconut Lime Antibacterial Lotion I bought a few months ago with a B&BW gift card that I got for Christmas (definitely taking this to WDW)
DSC00183-1.jpg

And one more body wash purchase (not from B&BW). Got this with a different scent from Big Lots. I saw it and thought the kids might like it. Didn't notice that it was Pop Tropical Scent. Once the kids and I saw that we knew it was coming with us on our trip:

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

Continued in the next post: My baggalini purchases and the girls' train/road trip bags...

When I started searching for my trip bag, I knew exactly what I wanted, the exact same kind I had on my last trip which was a LeSportsac Messenger Bag. I know there are a lot of VB fans on the dis and I think VB bags are cute but I LOVE LeSportsac so much more. My previous messenger bag was perfect for WDW. It has just the right amount of space and pockets for everything I need. Plus it works well when trying to carry it onto rides. Of course, this time I knew my budget wouldn't allow another LeSportsac purchase and I had thrown out my previous bag after it got a stain on it when sitting in the back of my closet. I had planned to search ebay to find a replacement but then I remembered that Target was selling imitation LeSportsac messenger bags. I decided to check it out and found one very similiar to my previous bag. So here are a few pics of what I got:

My park bag:

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

It's little pouch that comes with it. This type of pouch also comes with LeSportsac bags:

DSC00166.jpg

LeSportsac Pouch that Haylee is using (Same print as my previous messenger bag):

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

LeSportsac Pouch AJ is using (Same print as one of my totes, Large Tote and Purse):

DSC00171.jpg

A wristlet type bag I purchased from Target to go inside my park bag to hold KTTW and credit cards:

DSC00174.jpg

I still have my LeSportsac Totes, purse and Large Tote. I don't have pics of those yet but I will post them closer to time to leave once things are packed and ready to go.

This is another bag I purchased from Avon. I am not a fan of using it as my park bag since it seems a bit more appropriate for winter but Haylee has mentioned wanting to use it so I will probably let her:

DSC00175.jpg

Next: The Girls Train/Road Trip Bags and a few fun goodies to go inside of them...

This post will be the last of my purchase pics for a little while. I haven't gotten much else yet but once I do, I will post them.

These bags sort of became something kind of fun for me to put together for the girls and fill them with things kind of like Christmas stockings. Plus it would have things to keep them occupied on the 13 hour train ride. The things so far they know about as sort of an incentive to do their chores, etc. They are getting very excited which is causing them to be a bit distracted. The things I add in the future they won't know about. Here is what I have so far (They will not be their park bags):

AJ's Bag (Not a Disney Theme but she loves it)

DSC00179.jpg

AJ's Bag Items (Disney Socks, Journal, and Disney lip balm)
DSC00180.jpg

Haylee's bag (Reuseable Grocery Tote. Not a great pic, but you get the idea)
DSC00176.jpg

Haylee's bag items (Disney Socks, Journal, and Disney lip balm)
DSC00178.jpg

Some of the other things I am thinking about adding to it are of course more Disney themed goodies, a DS game for each bag, some fun summer stuff like a hat and sunglasses, and possibly some Disney Color Wonder items from Crayola. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions of items to add, please share.

And finally a few more trip goodies I purchased:

Cards for the train ride and in the room (Found them in the dollar bin at Target)
DSC00165.jpg

Mini Disney Guide Book at Target for $2 (Also from dollar bin)
DSC00167.jpg

Coloring/Sticker Books from Target, $1 each (Dollar Bin)
DSC00168.jpg

Tomorrow, I will be posting an official itinerary and Day 3 plans...

Omg! I just love everything you got. :thumbsup2

I was thinking about going to Target today. I guess you have made me decide! You found some really neat things. That bag is very very cool!

I was in B&BW yesterday. I noticed that the other scent that came out along side the moonlight madness. (it has a peace sign on it) was 75% off. I thought about buying some for the trip as they looked very Pop Century appropriate. It is a sweat pea scent, so not an unpleasant one either. I like the idea of getting a new scent to go with the trip. You have such good ideas. I learn so many good tips from you!

What a great idea again, with the "vacation stockings" I bet your girls are going to just love them!

Omg! I just love everything you got. :thumbsup2

I was thinking about going to Target today. I guess you have made me decide! You found some really neat things. That bag is very very cool!

I was in B&BW yesterday. I noticed that the other scent that came out along side the moonlight madness. (it has a peace sign on it) was 75% off. I thought about buying some for the trip as they looked very Pop Century appropriate. It is a sweat pea scent, so not an unpleasant one either. I like the idea of getting a new scent to go with the trip. You have such good ideas. I learn so many good tips from you!

What a great idea again, with the "vacation stockings" I bet your girls are going to just love them!

Thanks, I have been getting good ideas from you and chunkymonkey, too. :goodvibes

Hey, I found a bag similar to yours. I did not see the print you have when I was there. I was in a different Target yesterday and I did not see the print of the one I did get...so I guess it just seems to vary by store. I noticed they had ones made from the same type of fabric, but different styles. I like this one best since it has more pockets.

Thanks for inspiring me to go to check out Target. :goodvibes

I apologize for not posting an update sooner. I've had the past two nights off from work and been spending tons of quality time with my girls. We haven't had a lot of time to hang out together since I started my 3rd shift job back in March. So it was very nice to hang out with them now since they are out of school for the summer. I look forward to a lot more times just like these. Plus we have been super stressed the past couple of months and now most of our stress has resolved itself. I had mentioned this to another DISer but not posted it on my own PTR. Due to some regular preteen rebellion, AJ was failing on her most recent progress report. It worried me for quite some time. Today we finally got the news when we received their report cards. AJ did not do as well as we would have liked but she passed and will be going on to the 7th grade along with Haylee. We are very relieved but at the same time nervous as to how she will do in the fall. Only time will tell but we plan on doing everything we possibly can to help her achieve her goals and do better in school. Sorry for the off topic part of this post but this whole thing has definitely taken a huge weight off my shoulders. Less worrying, more trip planning.:banana:

Now for Day 3 Plans:

AK – 9am – 8pm (EMH 5pm – 8pm)

Today will be our AK day. This will be only my 3rd time visiting AK. The girls and DFi (Fiance) love animals and are sure to love this park. :love: I plan for us to get there right when the park opens which means probably leaving POP at around 8am. We will be either eating breakfast in our room or grabbing a snack from POP. Our first goal at AK will be to get fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I have never had the chance to ride this attraction and am very excited to try it. We will definitely be checking out some of the animal trails. I remember them very fondly from my last trip and can't wait to share them with the rest of my family. We will ride a few more rides from our must do list below. Then we will make a stop for lunch at either Flame Tree Barbecue or we may do Mickey's Picnic in the Park. I haven't really decided on this yet. Mostly it depends on whether or not Picnic in the Park is still going on or not. We check out a few more attractions. We will leave around 7:30 or 7:45 to make our 8:20pm ADR at Boma. After dinner, we will probably wander around the AK Resort to check it out since none of us have ever visited it before. After that we will make our way back to POP. We may spend some time at the pool if it's still early. Then off to bed for our first day at Epcot.

Must Do AK Attractions:

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Finding Nemo: the Musical
Dinosaur
It's Tough to Be a Bug
TriceraTop Spin
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Conservation Station - Rafiki's Planet Watch
Affection Section - Rafiki's Planet Watch
Flights of Wonder
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

I may post a new update over the next few days but I will have to see how things go at work first. Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! :goodvibes

When I started searching for my trip bag, I knew exactly what I wanted, the exact same kind I had on my last trip which was a LeSportsac Messenger Bag. I know there are a lot of VB fans on the dis and I think VB bags are cute but I LOVE LeSportsac so much more. I decided to check it out and found one very similiar to my previous bag.

Super cute bags!! I think the target prints are so fun. Yay for Lesportsac! Lesportsac rocks!

I have been buying stuff on and off for several months. So most of these things were bought at different times from different places.

First off, a little back story on my recent purchases. I was determined I needed a special body wash for the trip. I know it seems a little silly but on my last trip, I ended up buying my body wash from Bath & Body Works. I bought the Coconut Lime Verbena Scent because we were staying at CBR and it seemed to be the perfect match. I had never tried the scent before but fell in love with it. Now every time I use that scent it reminds me of my trip. So this trip, I thought I'd try to find a new scent or just make the Coconut Lime my WDW scent again. But then something magical happened :wizard:. I went to B&BW last weekend to get a few hand sanitizers for work. I was down to one and needed more. A month or so I got one of these: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3958303 You can also see a better pic of them on annmarieda's PTR. Mine is like the one in the pic except it's pink and blue swirl. Now back to my story, when I went to B&BW to get more hand sanitizers I planned on getting 5 since the deal for them is 5 for $5. When I was deciding which scents I wanted, a sales person came over and gave me one hand sanitizer for free (Japanese Cherry Blossom) and a coupon to get one free Signature Item if I spent $10. So I went ahead and got 10 hand sanitizers and decided that the free body wash would be my WDW one. I immediately went to the Coconut Lime option. However, when Haylee smelled it, she wasn't impressed. :confused3 I know for all the Coconut Lime fans that seems crazy but she can be a picky girl sometimes. :) So I continued my search and found the perfect option:

Love the B&BW and VS purchases! I always buy a lot during B&BW's sale and end up with so many different scents to use during the year, LOL. I really like the idea of using a scent which reminds you of each Disney trip! I am like that with music, certain songs remind me of certain trips or times in my life. But I am going to pick a scent I like which I will use on this trip. Like you and Annmarieda, I bought the mini pocket-sized hand sanitizers in different scents. Now I will have to pick the perfect one for our Disney trip...I am kind of liking Fresh Linen...:lovestruc

This post will be the last of my purchase pics for a little while. I haven't gotten much else yet but once I do, I will post them.

These bags sort of became something kind of fun for me to put together for the girls and fill them with things kind of like Christmas stockings. Plus it would have things to keep them occupied on the 13 hour train ride. The things so far they know about as sort of an incentive to do their chores, etc. They are getting very excited which is causing them to be a bit distracted. The things I add in the future they won't know about. Here is what I have so far (They will not be their park bags):

Such fun items! I am a sucker for Twilight too...I loved the books, not too big on the movies, but I will watch them regardless. That's a great deal on the Frommer's guide too!

Thanks, I have been getting good ideas from you and chunkymonkey, too. :goodvibes

Aww thanks! It's fun to help each other out. It's been great going on this journey with you both!!:hippie:

Before I post my next update, I wanted to find out what your must do rides at MK are and your favorite QS. So please post and let me know. I will post a new update this afternoon/evening and should be posting a few more over the next couple of days since I'm off from work. Woohoo! :banana:

Hmm must do rides for me and DH...since we're touring as adults-only we go for the faster, big ticket rides like:

Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain RR
Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz Lightyear
HM
PoTC
Jungle cruise

Then after we get our fill of the big fast stuff, we'll do Winnie the Pooh, Snow White and stuff like that! I want to explore Mickey's Toontown a bit more this year only *** we've never really got a chance to see it that much before.

Favorite QS at MK...hmmm this one is tough, because I don't think I have a favorite one at MK. CHH is pretty good, but I honestly don't have a good memory of other QS places, LOL. I need to focus more on dining at MK, it hasn't struck me as being as fun and unique as Epcot QS for example. Although if the Tommorowland Noodle Terrace is ever open, I really want to try that!

So glad to hear that in the end, AJ went through! It is hard being a mom. You worry so. One thing I have learned with my kids though..you can't MAKE them care. My oldest...graduated in the top 10 of her class. She is in college. She took very little encouragement or motivation from us to get her to where she is now. My next one, well...he has enough credits to have been through his freshman year so the military will take him. We tried and tried to encourage, threaten, punish..what ever it took. NOTHING worked to motivate him. Even now, with his ASVAB testing. He didn't care enough to study to do really well. All he wanted was to get in..and to get a score that would give him that. So that is all he did.

I think you AK day looks great! I love that park. One ride you left off your list that I like is Primevil whirl. (I think that is the name)

I apologize for not posting an update sooner. I've had the past two nights off from work and been spending tons of quality time with my girls. We haven't had a lot of time to hang out together since I started my 3rd shift job back in March. So it was very nice to hang out with them now since they are out of school for the summer. I look forward to a lot more times just like these. Plus we have been super stressed the past couple of months and now most of our stress has resolved itself. I had mentioned this to another DISer but not posted it on my own PTR. Due to some regular preteen rebellion, AJ was failing on her most recent progress report. It worried me for quite some time. Today we finally got the news when we received their report cards. AJ did not do as well as we would have liked but she passed and will be going on to the 7th grade along with Haylee. We are very relieved but at the same time nervous as to how she will do in the fall. Only time will tell but we plan on doing everything we possibly can to help her achieve her goals and do better in school. Sorry for the off topic part of this post but this whole thing has definitely taken a huge weight off my shoulders. Less worrying, more trip planning.:banana:

Yay for AJ passing and moving on with her sis! It must be hard if they were ever separated from the same grade. It's good to know she is doing better and hopefully she will be happier and doing better in 7th grade!

Now for Day 3 Plans:

AK – 9am – 8pm (EMH 5pm – 8pm)

Today will be our AK day. This will be only my 3rd time visiting AK. The girls and DFi (Fiance) love animals and are sure to love this park. :love: I plan for us to get there right when the park opens which means probably leaving POP at around 8am. We will be either eating breakfast in our room or grabbing a snack from POP. Our first goal at AK will be to get fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I have never had the chance to ride this attraction and am very excited to try it. We will definitely be checking out some of the animal trails. I remember them very fondly from my last trip and can't wait to share them with the rest of my family. We will ride a few more rides from our must do list below. Then we will make a stop for lunch at either Flame Tree Barbecue or we may do Mickey's Picnic in the Park. I haven't really decided on this yet. Mostly it depends on whether or not Picnic in the Park is still going on or not. We check out a few more attractions. We will leave around 7:30 or 7:45 to make our 8:20pm ADR at Boma. After dinner, we will probably wander around the AK Resort to check it out since none of us have ever visited it before. After that we will make our way back to POP. We may spend some time at the pool if it's still early. Then off to bed for our first day at DHS.

Must Do AK Attractions:

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Finding Nemo: the Musical
Dinosaur
It's Tough to Be a Bug
TriceraTop Spin
Expedition Everest
Festival of the Lion King
Conservation Station - Rafiki's Planet Watch
Affection Section - Rafiki's Planet Watch
Flights of Wonder
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

I may post a new update over the next few days but I will have to see how things go at work first. Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! :goodvibes
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great itinerary and action-packed first day at AK!! AK is actually the least-explored park for us. We have never really done that many things at AK only because we tend to spend more time at DHS and Epcot. But I do love the safari, and want to check out Nemo and the Lion King as well this trip. DH loves EE, but I am a bit chicken on that ride. I dunno, I think it's because I have only ridden it once, and don't remember what to expect, as opposed to RnRC which I love and ride over and over. LOL.:rotfl:

Hmm must do rides for me and DH...since we're touring as adults-only we go for the faster, big ticket rides like:

Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain RR
Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz Lightyear
HM
PoTC
Jungle cruise

Then after we get our fill of the big fast stuff, we'll do Winnie the Pooh, Snow White and stuff like that! I want to explore Mickey's Toontown a bit more this year only *** we've never really got a chance to see it that much before.

Favorite QS at MK...hmmm this one is tough, because I don't think I have a favorite one at MK. CHH is pretty good, but I honestly don't have a good memory of other QS places, LOL. I need to focus more on dining at MK, it hasn't struck me as being as fun and unique as Epcot QS for example. Although if the Tommorowland Noodle Terrace is ever open, I really want to try that!

One of the tips I learned through doing ridemax... if you go at opening to MK and head straight through the castle you basically get fantasy land to yourself and get on and off all those rides with little to no wait. Shhh don't tell though, it is a secret. Reason... shortly after opening, they close off the castle to set up for the Dream show (my mind is going tonight...it is the one done right in front of the castle) Anyway, this requires then that everyone venturing to fantasyland go around through frontierland or tomorrowland. Most people then stop to do things in those areas. Course, this takes you out of the path for doing spacemountain and those other larger rides before the park fills up. I just know the first time we did Dumbo without ridemax...we were in line for 2hrs. I don't think we have waited more than 5 or 10 since using it. As you can tell, I am a big fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter