Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

I. Want. That. Purse. :thumbsup2

I didn't know you had done the balloon ride. It looks like fun, so glad you posted. Michael was curious about it during our last trip. I like the overheads of SSR.

And thank you for the ear worm: up up and awaaaaay in my beautiful my beautiful ballooooooon.......

The balloon ride looks like so much fun and the views are great. Love the Dooney and suitcase.:thumbsup2

You're right, I've never seen that D & B anywhere, it's very cute!

Oh my, now I must try those fish and chips. I've almost stopped a few times but for some reason or another never do.

I'm definitely the not touching, but I didn't realize how obvious it was until I looked at those two pictures! :rotfl2:

Lord no! No more add ons! I'm already trying to figure out how not let my points go to waste! I'm even thinking of using them for a cruise, which I said I would have never done. The only ones that are really sacred are the California points, I keep holding out that F&W will come back and then I will need them all, but I could book a cruise right now with my SSR points and even my VWL. Not sure when we plan to go back to WDW, but the next "planned trip" (that isn't already booked) is looking like October 2014 or later.

I plan on using my points at the 7 month window to get into VGF.

Sounds like you've got it all planned out. :thumbsup2 I hope the F&W comes to California too. I know I could get Michael to go. When do they typically announce it? I'm hoping we gets APs this December. That would line us up for a F&W trip if it returns next year.

I can never get tired of seeing pics of the GF and never noticed the tiles on the ground. Super cool!

....I also don't like my food touching.....:blush: Well, I should say, I don't like certain items touching. For instance, if i'm having waffles or pancakes at breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc, there will be a separate plate for the waffles or pancakes. I don't like syrup running into my eggs. If i'm at a restaurant and it all comes on one plate. I"ll save the pancakes for last. Yep. I'm a weirdo.:snooty:

Better than Yorkshire Fish and Chips?! Nope. Don't believe it. Or don't want to anyways. We rarely hang out in DTD so i'm not sure when i'll be able to try them. But if you say they're better, I trust you and must try them at some point. ::yes::

Day 2 looked so awesome. For starters, I agree the path is neat. I am glad the Brazilian tour group was not staying at the hotel, so you got in first. Thanks for all of the pictures of The Harry Potter ride. Everything inside is above and beyond amazing. They really did a good job. Although you do not want to do the ride again, I am more excited than ever to try it based on your description. The shopping areas are just as neat. I love the Wizard shot Fran got and would like matching shirts too as long as Crap would get the muggle one. As long as all of those cool candies do not really taste like the horrible descriptions, I cannot wait to try them. I heard they are doing Harry Potter at the Universal in California in 2016. I will likely go there first, but I still want to see the one in Orlando.

I know you did not stop there, but your pictures of Suess land look neat. We love Bubba Gump's. good choice for food. The Emeril's looks beautiful inside. Adobo is my favorite Filipino dish, so I bet it was as good as you described.

Well if they put one in at the US in Studio City, I would never have to visit the one in Orlando! :rotfl: We have a Bubba Gumps in Long Beach and we've never eaten there!

How did you like Characters in Flight. I love this purse. Now I want another one. Graham is going to disown me.

Corinna

I thought it was fun, we did it two years ago in May and I enjoyed it that time too. Fran was in a lot of pain when we did it, so I thought she needed a redo.

That is too bad she wasn’t feeling well. The dinner you made looked good.
The balloon ride is fun. Plan it around 9pm and you will see fireworks. It is great.
I like the luggage.
Great updates and pics.

I think it was your TR where you mentioned that it was fun to do at night.

Love the views from the balloon.

What time are you booked for 1900? I'm unlikely to change as the draw for me is early entry to mk before the crowd. Maybe we can catch up after.

We are booked at 9:05AM, I had planned to meet up with you and Denise inside MK after our breakfast.

Not yet. We've got our name in with a guide to call the minute they are ;)

Good to know. We won't add on there, but will use it if we can get in at 7 months.

I. Want. That. Purse. :thumbsup2

I didn't know you had done the balloon ride. It looks like fun, so glad you posted. Michael was curious about it during our last trip. I like the overheads of SSR.

And thank you for the ear worm: up up and awaaaaay in my beautiful my beautiful ballooooooon.......

It was neat to get such a view of everything.

The balloon ride looks like so much fun and the views are great. Love the Dooney and suitcase.:thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

You're right, I've never seen that D & B anywhere, it's very cute!

Oh my, now I must try those fish and chips. I've almost stopped a few times but for some reason or another never do.

They were so good! Light and crispy batter, really crunchy, but the fish was cooked just perfect!

Sounds like you've got it all planned out. :thumbsup2 I hope the F&W comes to California too. I know I could get Michael to go. When do they typically announce it? I'm hoping we gets APs this December. That would line us up for a F&W trip if it returns next year.

The year they canceled it, they announced the cancellation somewhere around October. I know when they have it the paid demos are announced somewhere in January and registration for said events begins early February. The festival is six weeks between Spring Break and the start of Summer vacation. Usually starts in the last week or two of April and goes through the first weekend of June.

I can never get tired of seeing pics of the GF and never noticed the tiles on the ground. Super cool!

....I also don't like my food touching.....:blush: Well, I should say, I don't like certain items touching. For instance, if i'm having waffles or pancakes at breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc, there will be a separate plate for the waffles or pancakes. I don't like syrup running into my eggs. If i'm at a restaurant and it all comes on one plate. I"ll save the pancakes for last. Yep. I'm a weirdo.:snooty:

Better than Yorkshire Fish and Chips?! Nope. Don't believe it. Or don't want to anyways. We rarely hang out in DTD so i'm not sure when i'll be able to try them. But if you say they're better, I trust you and must try them at some point. ::yes::

I TOTALLY the same way with my syrup and savories. In fact I ASK for a separate plate if they don't bring me one. I hate for my bacon to touch the syrup. Fran dredges her bacon through the syrup. :crazy2: I don't mind the bacon or sausage touching the eggs, in fact if I order my eggs over easy, I dip my toast in the yolks and top it with the bacon, but my pancakes or French toast or waffles need their own plate! :snooty:

You really should try it! I was just expecting some good Fish & Chips, and they ended up being da bombe!

After going back to the room, we just chilled for a while. Fran probably took a nap. I packed up everything but what we were going to wear tonight and tomorrow and I worked on the TR. That’s usually how it goes on our trips. I don’t get a lot of time at home to do the TRs so I try to get as much in on our trips as I can so that I don’t have to do it at home.

Eventually the time for our dinner reservation was coming around. As I said earlier, I love to listen to the band.

So I actually chatted with the Bass Sax player for a while, I told him I remembered when the band was bigger.

I couldn’t resist taking this picture. (DVC Ad)

Here we are on our way to our destination.

Getting ready for the movie on the lawn.

And we have arrived!

DSC01572_zps6b44392d.jpg
[/UR

As we wait for our table some of the views from the balcony.

They had a somewhat open exhibition kitchen.

I spied what I thought was a souvide which is one of the newer things in cooking. We didn’t eat anything that we knew was cooked in the souvide, but it was cool to see that they had one!

We were given the bread service. Turns out that I recognized our waiter from our dinner three years ago at California Grill, they had just shut down about two weeks before, and this was his first week at Narcoosee’s.

Sorry for the blurriness of the menu, but it was kind of dark in there.

Another shot of the menu.

Between us we split the Hearts of Romaine Salad and the Lobster Bisque. I preferred the salad, but I’m not a huge Lobster Bisque fan. I like it and all, but Fran is the one who really loves it, so I’m glad she enjoyed it.

Then we both split the Two-Pound Maine Lobster. It was divine, but even more so was the Yukon Gold Potato and Applewood Smoked Bacon Gratin. It was nice even with splitting the plate we both got full size servings of the side! I think we ordered extra drawn butter too! :thumbsup2

Then we were handed the dessert menu.

I got a Bailey’s and Coffee

I believe that what we ordered was the Baked Chocolate Mousse. I went out on the dock to watch the fireworks while we waited for dessert.

Our waiter also brought us some complimentary glasses of champagne.

And with that we almost concluded our last full day at WDW. However, when we got back to the room, I realized that we had tons of soda left, some bread and a few other things. Before going to bed, I posted on the DISboards that we were currently at BLT and if anyone was here now, or arriving today, we would be happy to leave our goodies for them. I hoped we were going to give them a good home.

What is a souvide?

Dinner looks amazing. I really regret not getting the whole maine lobster when I was there.:sad2: I know for next time though. :thumbsup2

I hope you were able to find someone to give your stuff too.

What is a souvide?

Dinner looks amazing. I really regret not getting the whole maine lobster when I was there.:sad2: I know for next time though. :thumbsup2

I hope you were able to find someone to give your stuff too.

Ha! I did a google search an now banner ads for Sous Vides are showing up for me on the DIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

They use them on Iron Chef all the time. It's not something a home cook would know a lot about. I've had one dish prepared for me in a sous vide, the chef just got it and he was so excited to be experimenting on us with it. It was some chicken that he served in broth with Israeli Cous Cous.

I think we're going to back there in September if CA Grill isn't open yet. I've been struggling with which Signature to eat at on that trip and in preparing this update, I decided there were still good things on the menu I would like to eat. Or just have the lobster again! :thumbsup2

The year they canceled it, they announced the cancellation somewhere around October. I know when they have it the paid demos are announced somewhere in January and registration for said events begins early February. The festival is six weeks between Spring Break and the start of Summer vacation. Usually starts in the last week or two of April and goes through the first weekend of June.

Good info, thank you. Spring Break would be doable. So much is hinging on if we get APs. I just need to decide already. :hyper: Michael was very interested in the CA F&W after hearing more about it.

I TOTALLY the same way with my syrup and savories. In fact I ASK for a separate plate if they don't bring me one. I hate for my bacon to touch the syrup. Fran dredges her bacon through the syrup. :crazy2: I don't mind the bacon or sausage touching the eggs, in fact if I order my eggs over easy, I dip my toast in the yolks and top it with the bacon, but my pancakes or French toast or waffles need their own plate! :snooty:

When I eat bacon, which is rarely, I dip it IN the syrup. :cloud9: Yum hot, salty, sweet, crunchy goodness with a bite of buttery pancake.

Great meal! I definitely need more trips to WDW in order to try out all the restaurants.

Seems like lobster of any description was the go for the night. I love lobster bisque; so it looks scrumptious to me.

Great meal! I definitely need more trips to WDW in order to try out all the restaurants.

Seems like lobster of any description was the go for the night. I love lobster bisque; so it looks scrumptious to me.

I've realised this too!
I'm sure my upcoming trip will not be my last .... So many restaurants I NEED to try

<<<I TOTALLY the same way with my syrup and savories. In fact I ASK for a separate plate if they don't bring me one. I hate for my bacon to touch the syrup. Fran dredges her bacon through the syrup>>>

I'm with Fran..syrup is the best dip bacon could ever find :)

Ha! I did a google search an now banner ads for Sous Vides are showing up for me on the DIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide

They use them on Iron Chef all the time. It's not something a home cook would know a lot about. I've had one dish prepared for me in a sous vide, the chef just got it and he was so excited to be experimenting on us with it. It was some chicken that he served in broth with Israeli Cous Cous.

I think we're going to back there in September if CA Grill isn't open yet. I've been struggling with which Signature to eat at on that trip and in preparing this update, I decided there were still good things on the menu I would like to eat. Or just have the lobster again! :thumbsup2

Oooh gotcha thanks. Very interesting!

When I eat bacon, which is rarely, I dip it IN the syrup. :cloud9: Yum hot, salty, sweet, crunchy goodness with a bite of buttery pancake.

Alison (whispering in ear)...you got some weird friends...:lmao:

;)

Good info, thank you. Spring Break would be doable. So much is hinging on if we get APs. I just need to decide already. :hyper: Michael was very interested in the CA F&W after hearing more about it.

They usually try to make F&W start AFTER Spring break when there is lull at DLR.

Your dinner looked amazing. Narcoossee's is still our favourite WDW restaurant.

Corinna

I like it too! This was our first time and I think we'll be back.

I know so many restaurants, so little time (and money)!

We just need to tee things up with Denise. :thumbsup2

I'm sure that won't be a problem!

I've realised this too!
I'm sure my upcoming trip will not be my last .... So many restaurants I NEED to try

Isn't that the truth!

Well, I'm glad that there is something for everyone!

Oooh gotcha thanks. Very interesting!

Alison (whispering in ear)...you got some weird friends...:lmao:

;)

And my Spouse too! :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

So today was our last day of vacation, and we had a first for us. Normally our flight leaves Orlando at 1PM and we catch the 10AM DME bus and are scrambling to get our luggage down to the checking station. Today our flight didn’t leave until 5PM. We asked for DME to pick us up an hour earlier so that we were not tight on time at the airport. The regular DME pick up time is three hours prior to your flight and I’m always worried about getting through security and on the “monorail” to get to the gate on time.

So that morning we woke up really early. I checked the DIS and believe it or not someone who was staying at BLT wanted my stuff. I PM’d her the room number and my cell. We were in room 7526, turns out she was in room 7525! By 7AM she was in our room raiding the refrigerator for anything that they could prepare in a studio. I was so glad that we were just tossing our bread, milk and other goodies.

As soon as that was over we headed to the MK.

Two preshows in one trip! :eek:

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

We had one goal in mind here today. Go directly to Enchanted Tales with Belle. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. We sped over there and I “ran” for the spot in line while Fran got up from her scooter.

Once you get inside Maurice’s Cottage, you are still not on the attraction. It’s just a queue area, but at least it gives you something different to look at.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Once we entered the attraction, things started to become magical. Please note, spoiler alert! Dont read the next couple captions and skip down to the pictures of the wardrobe if you dont want the secret to be revealed.

We started off in Maurices Worksop.

The lights dimmed and the magic mirror you saw in the pictures above transformed into a magical doorway.

We proceeded through the doorway into a chamber with the wardrobe.

The wardrobe opened to reveal props that our actors would be using to help relive the night that Belle and Beast fell in love. If you have little ones who like to ham it up, this is a perfect attraction for them. Boys over the age of seven would probably have nothing whatsoever to do with this!

Once our little participants had been chosen for their roles, we waited to move on into the Library where we would meet Belle.

We surprised Belle when she entered the room. All the little kids who were chosen to play the various roles waited their turn to play their part in the reenactment.

She spoke to Lumiere

After the story was over they bid us goodbye. Everyone got photopass cards to remember the experience by.

And then we headed out of the attraction.

[Continued in Next Post]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter