Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

In the land or at the MK? :rotfl:

They were trying to grow real live Atlantic Giant Pumpkins and ones shaped like Mickey in the Land. The giant ones were pretty small compared to what we see at our Harvest Festival.

Has Fran ever tried closing her eyes on the bad parts of MS:Green? I have crazy bad motion sickness, but I always ride. I make it to the moon then close my eyes & let the cool air blow in my face. I never feel bad at all. :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I don't think that would help. I think it is the motion and not the "parts". She rode CA screamin' in the preview of DCA and took an "all expense paid trip backstage to a trash can" as soon as she got off the ride. I couldn't find her anywhere until the CM clued me in that she ran backstage so as not to create a mess.

since then, I "Preview" the rides for her. Most of the time I make good calls.

Your lunch looks delicious. Now I want to make a reservation for our next trip to have the Macaroni Cheese. So far the best Macaroni Cheese I have tasted was at Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland. Remy is so cute. We met him at Disneyland Paris a few years ago.

I love the necklace. I don't think I could have resisted it.

Corinna

It's more your style than mine. I don't necessarily like such delicate pieces. Plus necklaces like that, I would need an extender. It would choke me and I have so many really nice necklaces, I have actually become picky. This is good for our pocketbook.

I agree!!!

Fran would have only gotten out "Do you wa..." and I would already have it in my hand at the register!!!! ::yes::

You're new to my TRs, Maybe at some point I will post the pics of the previous wonderful purchases she has bought me. I can only wear so many things! :rotfl2:

They were trying to grow real live Atlantic Giant Pumpkins and ones shaped like Mickey in the Land. The giant ones were pretty small compared to what we see at our Harvest Festival.

Well from where you come from, it's hard to impress folks on the farm. We're lucky here if it's grown within 100 miles!

I'll take the necklace....and the creme brulee.

I'll take the pictures, that is!!

Cheaper....and calorie free.

What a great update. :thumbsup2

The food. :faint: Looks wonderful. I would have eaten it all... I am so hungry now, I call party foul...

Love, love the kitchen towels....

I'm with PIO, I'll take the necklace. But not the creme brûlée. Now the French Onion soup? Oh yeah! :cloud9: Great update. Great photos. I love seeing you both so happy and relaxed.

DSC01017_zpsaf3007f5.jpg

LOVE THESE! How in the world did I miss this?!

:rotfl: Love the guy with Remy. Sounds like a character himself :lmao:

Mmm, the macaroni looks delicious. So does the creme brulee!

Great lunch! Remy is too cute, and that CM takes the cake. He looks like he's straight out of the movies. I thought that macaroni was one of the best I've ever had, so good! I didn't get a chance to eat my leftovers either :( mom loved the French onion soup and creme brûlée. But her main reason for wanting to go back, the bread and butter. I'm not paying $70 for lunch again if you were most wowed by the free items... She has raved about the creme brûlée as well.

I finally got to read part of your trip report which you and Fran are at EPCOT. I really enjoyed your trip report where you got to do a lot that day.

Those are very nice pictures from the New Test Track which I will be looking forward to go and ride the new TT.

The Land pictures from Living with the Land of all the different vegetables and fish are very nice and clear.

Your lunch at Chefs de France looked so appetizing. I got to eat at that restaurant one day which I have ate at Bistro de Paris. I would really like to see Remy.

I have a long way to go to catch up to your trip report and I will go back and check out the rest.

I'll take the necklace....and the creme brulee.

I'll take the pictures, that is!!

Cheaper....and calorie free.

What a great update. :thumbsup2

Thanks! Yes I would like the creme brulee!

The food. :faint: Looks wonderful. I would have eaten it all... I am so hungry now, I call party foul...

Love, love the kitchen towels....

We were so stuffed after that meal. I would love to eat it all again!

I'm with PIO, I'll take the necklace. But not the creme brûlée. Now the French Onion soup? Oh yeah! :cloud9: Great update. Great photos. I love seeing you both so happy and relaxed.

The onion soup was just awesome! It was nice being happy and relaxed.

LOVE THESE! How in the world did I miss this?!

:rotfl: Love the guy with Remy. Sounds like a character himself :lmao:

Mmm, the macaroni looks delicious. So does the creme brulee!

Perhaps they just released them. I'm going to look when I go to Disneyland in a couple weeks and see if they have them there.

I just found your trip report! Thank you so much for sharing!

I love pic filled TRs!!!! :hyper:

:welcome: I have plenty of pics!

Great lunch! Remy is too cute, and that CM takes the cake. He looks like he's straight out of the movies. I thought that macaroni was one of the best I've ever had, so good! I didn't get a chance to eat my leftovers either :( mom loved the French onion soup and creme brûlée. But her main reason for wanting to go back, the bread and butter. I'm not paying $70 for lunch again if you were most wowed by the free items... She has raved about the creme brûlée as well.

That CM was hilarious! He was so dead pan, everything that we think of when generalize about French people. The food was just wonderful, I would be happy to go back there again!

I finally got to read part of your trip report which you and Fran are at EPCOT. I really enjoyed your trip report where you got to do a lot that day.

Those are very nice pictures from the New Test Track which I will be looking forward to go and ride the new TT.

The Land pictures from Living with the Land of all the different vegetables and fish are very nice and clear.

Your lunch at Chefs de France looked so appetizing. I got to eat at that restaurant one day which I have ate at Bistro de Paris. I would really like to see Remy.

I have a long way to go to catch up to your trip report and I will go back and check out the rest.

Thanks for coming over Bret, I'm still working my way through both of your TRs too!

OK, so here is one of those "only in Alison and Fran's house" moments. Yesterday we were going through the multitudes of boxes (we are still receiving boxes from WDW that we shipped home to us) of eBay winnings and other such things. Once we write on the box what it is, we take it over to 1st street and put it in this room where we are storing all our Disney stuff for the time being.

We had assembled some shelves over the weekend to get some of the boxes up off the floor. I was slightly familiar with what was written on the boxes since I had just seen them and held them in my hand. Well yesterday we opened a box up and Fran says, "Oh Good! It's my Cousin Hewet Tombstone!"

I said to her, "Why did you buy two of them?" She appeared confused, and I explained that when we were putting the packages on the shelves, I specifically remembered moving a package labeled, "Cousin Hewet Tombstone".

We were already planning another trip over to 1st street to bring another load of loot over there, so we made sure to bring scissors, tape and a marker with us. Well after cutting open the boxes and removing all the bubble wrap (these things are usually packed pretty well), what do we find???

Jack Sparrow's Tombstone! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Of course we don't want to confuse that with the Brother Dave tombstone that we already have! :scratchin

Only in our house.

So one of the reasons that I scheduled us at Epcot early in the Disney portion of our trip was so that we could get some lovely Caramel treats to enjoy throughout the duration of our stay. (As if we didn’t already have enough treats back at the Villa.) So a stop at Karamel-Kuche was in order. But first I wanted to get me one of these babies.

DSC00836e_zpsedc376aa.jpg

Don’t these treats look yummy?

DSC00836g_zpseaf4d390.jpg

DSC00836h_zps9382fe43.jpg

DSC00836i_zps2ce61ad2.jpg

DSC00836j_zps2895b25d.jpg

DSC00836k_zps249fcf83.jpg

This was what we left with! I don’t think that the staff there gets many orders like ours, they were quite confused even though we did tell them that we were getting a lot of pieces.

DSC008392_zpsb1364db0.jpg

By this point we were way behind on the schedule I had hoped to keep. I had never done the culinary tour of Boma and Jiko and it started at 4PM. It was 3 o’clock (or maybe even later) and we were still in Epcot, I had little hopes of making it since we had planned to go back to the room and drop off our stuff. We headed out to the bus stop and waited. We talked it over and decided that if the bus came before 3:45 and we got off the bus at Jambo House I could go directly to the tour. Where would Fran go? :scratchin Zawadi Marketplace!

Just after making this decision the bus showed up! I took these pictures to show all the people back home how they “rig us up” to ride on the busses. It takes a while to load on and off and tie down all the parts, so we were hoping that we had a bus driver who knew how to do this quickly.

DSC00836m_zps271ddb50.jpg

DSC00836l_zpsff1dd75a.jpg

We lucked out and they were dropping us off by 10 minutes to 4PM. :thumbsup2

I snapped these photos of the Jambo House Lobby, sadly it was pretty much the only time that I would get here.

DSC00836q_zps4cd63776.jpg

DSC00836r_zps3b46956d.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

The tour begins at the podium for Boma.

DSC00836t_zpsa369454f.jpg

Since I was a little early, I took a few shots around the waiting area.

DSC00836s_zps7989b714.jpg

DSC00836u_zps6455a08a.jpg

DSC00836w_zps03d28731.jpg

Here’s another light fixture for you, Lisa! :goodvibes

DSC00836x_zps9a4cd5c1.jpg

The chef’s were having their “before we open” pow wow

DSC00836z_zps2b2853e9.jpg

They started the tour talking about the baskets that you see in columns you see throughout the restaurant. The baskets are important in their lives as they use them to hold food, daily supplies and other important items.

DSC00836v_zps5d76029d.jpg

Our guide pointed out these Hidden Mickeys in the chair.

DSC00837a_zpsa2d9d86c.jpg

This table is in the shape of Africa.

DSC00837b_zpsd3f7afb3.jpg

I know that they told us a whole lot more about the cultures and country, but I didn’t take very good notes and have already forgotten. Here is the soup station or “pod” where they served us some Butternut Squash Soup. I’m not sure why I didn’t take a picture of my bowl.

DSC00837d_zpsb21e8cf2.jpg

I did get a picture of the Zebra Domes before they served us one.

DSC00837h_zps9334cb7c.jpg

MY Zebra Dome.

DSC00837i_zps364fef7a.jpg

Then we went to

DSC00836y_zps014d2c53.jpg

DSC00837j_zps492119f4.jpg

They didn’t give us the whole cultural spiel, but instead bread service.

DSC00837k_zps8be81728.jpg

DSC00837l_zps7a8ccdb3.jpg

DSC00837m_zps3d2a6a08.jpg

Now since I do not like Olives I did not take any of the Kalamata Hummus. My favorite was the Moroccan Chermola with the Pappadam.

DSC00837n_zps5ab62fab.jpg

The tour was pretty good except that the family who had brought their young child along had her sharing the plate of dips with us. She ended up taking the spoon from my favorite dip on the plate. I didn’t let that stop me, I just dipped my unbitten pieces of pappadum into the dip lacking the spoon to make sure I got my fair share!

My next stop was the Mara for some more of these.

DSC008382_zpsdd17616a.jpg

OK, so here is one of those "only in Alison and Fran's house" moments. Yesterday we were going through the multitudes of boxes (we are still receiving boxes from WDW that we shipped home to us) of eBay winnings and other such things. Once we write on the box what it is, we take it over to 1st street and put it in this room where we are storing all our Disney stuff for the time being.

We had assembled some shelves over the weekend to get some of the boxes up off the floor. I was slightly familiar with what was written on the boxes since I had just seen them and held them in my hand. Well yesterday we opened a box up and Fran says, "Oh Good! It's my Cousin Hewet Tombstone!"

I said to her, "Why did you buy two of them?" She appeared confused, and I explained that when we were putting the packages on the shelves, I specifically remembered moving a package labeled, "Cousin Hewet Tombstone".

We were already planning another trip over to 1st street to bring another load of loot over there, so we made sure to bring scissors, tape and a marker with us. Well after cutting open the boxes and removing all the bubble wrap (these things are usually packed pretty well), what do we find???

Of course we don't want to confuse that with the Brother Dave tombstone that we already have! :scratchin

Only in our house.

I had no idea you guys collected tombstones! I had to look them up to see which ones they were. Very cool. Do you know how you'll be displaying them yet?

I'm a little disappointed in myself that I didn't get anything from Karamel-Kuche. :( Looks fantastic! Wow record time getting to AKL from Epcot :thumbsup2

I thought kids weren't allowed on that tour?:confused3

franandaj said:

Only in our house.

:love: I want to live with you & Fran.

Please :flower3:

I had no idea you guys collected tombstones! I had to look them up to see which ones they were. Very cool. Do you know how you'll be displaying them yet?

She has saved searches on ebay for "Haunted Mansion", "Cars", POTC", and "Star Wars", she has others, but those are her main ones. She is going to make our Theater room the Haunted Mansion room, because the Tombstones will make for good ambient lighting while we are watching movies. She also received her first sample of the Haunted Mansion Wallpaper, she has ordered enough of that in case Disney revokes the patent on the company selling it, we will have enough to cover the room.

I'm a little disappointed in myself that I didn't get anything from Karamel-Kuche. :( Looks fantastic! Wow record time getting to AKL from Epcot :thumbsup2

I thought kids weren't allowed on that tour?:confused3

Ever since it opened, we have visited there. At DLR all the candy shops have caramel treats, at WDW none of the candy shops have the caramel marshmallow things or anything with caramel, you have to go to Karamel Kuche. Major bummer for us since I love the caramel marshmallow treats, we normally hit Marceline's on our way in or out of the parks and get some.

And yeah, I would have thought kids weren't allowed or if they had them on the tour at least keep them within your group, not next to the one person who wasn't with everyone. I was nice, but didn't share any of my thoughts on unattended, unpoliced kids! Which are not very nice, think Hansel and Gretel! :rotfl2:

Karmel has to be one our stops they have such amazing stuff in there...

You will love DLR, EVERY Candy store has stuff almost as good as that, but not the salted caramel.

:love: I want to live with you & Fran.

Please :flower3:

You are so funny! Can you clean things? That's what we need.

We could wake you up when you fall asleep on the whatever so that you could go to bed, but we would have no room for your DH or sons, so you would be forced to leave them at home! :lmao:

Aaah! I got my sugar fix and those Zebra Domes.

You have tombstones??? I hope you'll bring them out at Halloween!

The tombstone story is too funny. Maybe you need to start a log of all your fabulous items :idea:

I see a few of my favorite caramel/marshmallow pinwheels! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter