Pin trading at the contemporary?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mavslab, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mavslab

mavslab Mouseketeer

Last time we were at Disney there was a pin trading event at the CR. My kids loved going. Do they still do this? Any idea how I can find out when they do it?

Thank you!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. gailg3horses

gailg3horses Mouseketeer

They give you a daily schedule of events upon check in. It may be listed in there. I know the cm in the stores have pins for trading and can probably tell you whats going on. They also pull out a pin trading board in the evenings in the store and have a book for trading at the lobby concierge. Can you tell we love pin trading? Hope that info helps. Oh also one of our favorite things to do is ride the monorail to the other resorts for pin trading. Have fun.

4. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

If you check www.disneypins.com and click events you will then see Walt Disney World Resort, so you then select DISNEY TRADING NIGHTS - WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT. That will list what day the next Pin Trading night will be taking place at the Contemporary and which conference room it's happening inside.

5. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We blundered into a pin trading event last December, and got a big kick out of seeing the fanatics and their extensive sets of exclusive pins. We even bought into it a little, getting exclusive "pin trading" trading pins available only at that event... It was quite an eye opener, and I recommend it for anyone who thinks they might have a little "problem" with pin trading, if you know what I mean.

You will discover either that you're OK, and all these other people are :crazy2:, or that you're just as :crazy2: as all the other people there.

6. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

And the CR front desk has a pin book you can trade with at any time during the day.

7. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I believe you are thinking of that pin trading board located inside the Fantasia store which they bring out a few times a day, because they don't have any pin book at the front desk.

8. gailg3horses

gailg3horses Mouseketeer

They HAD a pin book at the concierge desk until someone walked off with the whole book. Unbelievable. All of the deluxe resorts that we have been to have a book at the concierge desk.

9. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Wow, did the CR's pin book disappear recently? Because I traded with it October 17.

10. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

I honestly didn't know they had a pin trading book at the Lobby Concierge desk, because when I stayed there I never saw it.

11. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

I'm new to the pin trading thing, but when I was trading pins with one of the front desk CMs at CR, the front desk supervisor asked me if I wanted to look at their pin book.

So I guess if anyone's looking for pins, it's worth asking at the front desk. Maybe the book disappeared in the weeks since I was there, but the only way to find out is to ask.