Pin trading at Eurodisney

Ross J 82

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We haven't been for some time, opting for Disney World over the last 4 years. Can anybody fill me in on pin books/boards in the parks/hotels?

Does anybody trade directly with you like they do at the tables in Epcot?

I seem to remember there was a limited edition pin trading board. Does this still exist?

Thanks

Ross

I'm not into Pin Trading so I might get some infos wrong. From what I know, Pin Trading events are organized once in a while, at designated locations (often in the shop across Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, or at select hotels). Guests may use tables to present their pins, and trade freely with other guests. Some also trade other collectibles (such as Vinylmations).

It is also my understanding that an exclusive pin is sold at every event.

Boards are at Pueblo when it is open, sometimes in the evenings at Harrington's. Though I haven't seen the Harrington's one in a while. Both have a LE section.

I don't know of other books and boards currently out.

You will find Traders out near Pueblo or sometimes during the week in that covered area near First Aid Station on Main Street.

DO the cast members have lanyards and do trades?

Yes.

One important Thing though: the rules are technically the same as in the US parks. Note the "technically". CMs in Paris are infamous for making up rules on the spot. The most common one is that they demand to choose the pin to trade for. Due to that I never wear keepers on my lanyards anymore.

Others will demand a pin of equal size or Minnie for Minnie etc. The variations are endless. If this happens to you don't try to reason with them, they won't listen. Don't bother complaining with City Hall either, they won't care. If the trade is acceptable for you go along with it, otherwise just walk away.

Yes.

One important Thing though: the rules are technically the same as in the US parks. Note the "technically". CMs in Paris are infamous for making up rules on the spot. The most common one is that they demand to choose the pin to trade for. Due to that I never wear keepers on my lanyards anymore.

Others will demand a pin of equal size or Minnie for Minnie etc. The variations are endless. If this happens to you don't try to reason with them, they won't listen. Don't bother complaining with City Hall either, they won't care. If the trade is acceptable for you go along with it, otherwise just walk away.

Thanks for the tip. I normally don't wear the lanyard (lose too many pins that way, or have to hassle with the locking backs). I carry my traders in a pouch, so they can pick to their heart's content, as I keep the newly traded pins elsewhere so I don't accidentally trade one I really need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter