PIN Codes

Sofiesmom

Earning My Ears
I am new here! Nice to meet you all.

I keep reading about pin codes being attached to families. What is that and how does that work? We are booked for December 2012 and August 2013 and I never thought to ask about the pin codes. I would like to know what I am talking about before I ask them though. :thumbsup2

Any help is appreciated!

Jodi

Someone correct me if Im wrong but disney will send out flyer offering discounts or free dining and on the card there is a PIN code associated to you to use. I think people are calling and asking if there is a PIN associated to their name to use in case they lost the flyer or before they get it.

I don't think anyone knows how PIN codes are offered...but randomly people get an email or postcard with some sort of offer and a PIN code associated with it. The PIN code is non-transferable and they will verify the PIN code with the person trying to redeem it.

I got one a month or so ago by email and called about it and they still had my old home address on file. I asked them about changing my address in case any postcards got mailed (in the past I received postcards) and they said now they are mainly sent by email. I'm guessing if they don't have an email on file for you maybe they mail PIN codes?

Again, I'm not sure anyone knows who gets selected for a PIN and when they get sent. I'm guessing that there's a chance that you could get a PIN code and maybe the email went to the junk folder or something got sent in the mail and then thrown out and you can call and there's a PIN offer on your account that you didn't know about but my guess is that is relatively rare.

They come to you from Disney Destinations by email or by card. I just received one last week in the mail. Great resort discount, but not for when I want to go. If I had not planned on being in Boston over Thanksgiving, I'd be headed to Disney.

They come to you from Disney Destinations by email or by card. I just received one last week in the mail. Great resort discount, but not for when I want to go. If I had not planned on being in Boston over Thanksgiving, I'd be headed to Disney.

The one I got by email wasn't for when I wanted to go either - boo!! We are planning on going at the end of January and the PIN code was for the end of this year. I went ahead and reserved our trip and am waiting for public discounts to come out. But I wonder if I'm less likely to get a PIN code since I've already reserved...I would assume so but am hoping the public discounts are good for the end of Jan!

In my perfect world I'd be able to use a pin code for say maybe Jan. for a trip like 5 months later in June........ahhhhhhh the power of the imagination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter