PIN CODES ...how do you all get them!!

HeatherinVT

Mouseketeer
I am hoping and praying to the disney gods that i will get one of these pins ... for my November trip :worship:

or they release FREE dining for sometime between 12-20th of November:yay:

Whats the secret to getting these pin codes?
Some people get them more than once

I have been to disney 5 times and still havent gotten anything :(
Thanks
Heather

I have got 3 different pins this year for FD at different times. I don't know if this may be why but I am on the WDW site ALL the time pricing different vaca plans. I put in my email address to sign in as well. It's through that email that I receive pins. I also order maps and planning CDs. I have been several times too, but that doesn't seem to matter as my mom has got a pin this year as well and has only been once.
Maybe there is no rhyme or reason... ;)

I wish they would let you share pins, as I can't go this year. I have to wait until March 2014!!!!

Does anyone know how long the pin codes are? I just got an email from Disney because I recently priced out a trip this fall...the email outlined the arrival and departure dates I was looking at as well as the resort. It then had a "Book Now" button and underneath that said "Be sure to mention package code..." with a three character code. Was the a pin code?

Does anyone know how long the pin codes are? I just got an email from Disney because I recently priced out a trip this fall...the email outlined the arrival and departure dates I was looking at as well as the resort. It then had a "Book Now" button and underneath that said "Be sure to mention package code..." with a three character code. Was the a pin code?
Never mind...through the magic of Google I answered my own question! ;):rolleyes::p

Looks like pin codes are much longer than the package code I got in my email.

usually the general public package codes are 3 characters ( like XYZ ). The pin code my sister got is 15 numbers long.

Can someone explain pin codes to me? I haven't been to Disney in over 5 years! With the exception of our recent stop over in DTD! I need to know! Thanks :)

Holly, Pin codes are discounts sent out to select individuals. The discount is only good if that person is on your reservation. If you receive a pin code, you can book a maximum of 3 rooms using that particular discount. They are very specific, and the person whose name is on the code must be included in the reservation. For instance, if my husband received a code, I would not get the discount if I were traveling without him. Hope this helps!

Holly, Pin codes are discounts sent out to select individuals. The discount is only good if that person is on your reservation. If you receive a pin code, you can book a maximum of 3 rooms using that particular discount. They are very specific, and the person whose name is on the code must be included in the reservation. For instance, if my husband received a code, I would not get the discount if I were traveling without him. Hope this helps!

I have gotten pins from my parents and I think one or two of my kids. When I have called and asked, they said I could use it because it came to my email. I do all the booking and planning, but they get the codes!:scratchin

My next trip will be my 10th. I have planned the last 7 with Disney myself (no TA) I have never received a pin code that I can recall. I have always had to use whatever deal was going at that time. I always hope for free dining. There are 4 adults in my group and 3 are men. Kinda expensive to feed 3 men.I am still waiting on my dream pin code.

My DH gets pin codes all the time. I never do. My last two trips, my DH did not go with me and the kids. He doesn't like going that often. Disney allowed me to use the pin code even though it was in his name since we live in the same household.

I received a pin code that I was able to use for our December trip. Actually I had been calling regularly with no luck. Then my daughter received one in the mail. I was unable to use it. Then the CM thought to try my husbands name. Sure enough he had a pin. I had been calling for weeks checking mine, but never thought to check his name! He never has made any reservations so I never thought to check his! The bad news is we can't stay at our favorite resort POR with the pin. We have to stay at a CSR. I hope we will enjoy it just as much. But for free dining I can't complain!

Okay, got it! So it's basically a crap shoot as who gets the codes? lol

Yes its a marketing tool. And don't think if you visit a lot you necessarily would get more PIN codes. It may work the other way around. Why send you a pin if they know will come anyway. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter