pillowcases- questions!

When I do this I will always leave some candy in the bag also. Its a nice treat for the CM's.

Is there a cost for doing the photo matte or the pillowcase?

No, no cost. You have to provide your own markers/sharpies but they will return them with the pillowcase. As others have said, you can include some candy for the castmembers, but you don't have to. pj

I had the back of a kid's Tshirt signed last cruise. I bought the Tshirt at the Disney store before I went and it had Disney Princesses on the front. I had the back signed with just the names of the princesses. Turned out great. pj:)

Sorry, this question is slightly off topic. But I was wondering if you can buy a DCL night/sleep shirt in one of the shops on board the ship or Castaway Cay? I would love to get one of these signed by Mickey and friends.

Also, I recently read about a new product called Stained by Sharpie, marker pens, that you can use on fabrics.

My DD pillowcase from one of our DCL trips last year. The yellow shows up better on the pillowcase than in the picture, but I wouldn't use yellow again. Although DD loves the fact Belle signed in her favorite color, yellow.

Be sure to drop your pillowcase or other items at Guest Services the first day. I usually put the pillowcase and fabric markers in a large ziploc bag. I drop 2-4 bags of candy along with it too...I usually take Twizzlers, M & M's etc. We have had great success with characters signing...they will ask you which characters. We always say as many as possible including the princesses and Captain Jack Sparrow.

Sorry, this question is slightly off topic. But I was wondering if you can buy a DCL night/sleep shirt in one of the shops on board the ship or Castaway Cay? I would love to get one of these signed by Mickey and friends.

Also, I recently read about a new product called Stained by Sharpie, marker pens, that you can use on fabrics.

Yes I used Sharpies for fabrics but last time I used Bic fabric markers and I think they were better because they were a little thicker, the Sharpies I bouight were a fine tip. And if you buy a nightshirt as soon as the store opens after you set sail then take it to Guest Services with the markers, it should be fine. I use a Zip Lock bag to put everything in, and even though they make out a form with who you want to sign, I still put in my own note with which characters I would like. I think you can have all characters, or all princesses or characters and princesses.. pj

I'm sorry but,

I am a man ....i have to ask this...I can handle the pillowcase but what kind of markers do I need to get? (sharpies?)

I used Sharpies one cruise...they run when you wash. You can get fabric markers at a craft store such as Joann's or Michaels.

No, no cost. You have to provide your own markers/sharpies but they will return them with the pillowcase. As others have said, you can include some candy for the castmembers, but you don't have to. pj

Thank you PJ!!!!

We just had this done for our 4 kids on our June Dream cruise... The pillowcases look so cool I hate to give them to them to sleep on!! ;) I really like the look of the pillowcase in the frame? We had them embroidered with their name and sailing date, but that would still look okay in a frame?? :P

Can I ask how your pillowcase is holding up being framed?

Thanks,
Mark

Just off the Dream.. I did pillow cases for the kids. There was a bunch of signatures on the front, and Jack signed all the way across the back (I specifically asked for Jack to sign).

I was told we could do one item per child in the stateroom. I dropped them off at guest services along with some candy (bribe) and a Sharpie laundry pen. They were returned to our stateroom on the last night of our 3 night cruise.

They look fantastic.. My children were so excited. We got everything we sent back... except the candy!

The nice thing is, the signatures were better than the autograph books because the characters were able to take their time, and most likely write on a table.

I will try to post a pic this weekend of my children's pillowcases.

We sailed on the Dream in June and had two large Vinylmation Mickey's signed for keepsakes. We had one all white with multi colored Sharpies and one all black with only silver Sharpie. We used masking tape to write our name and stateroom number on the bottom of the Mickey and sealed them along with Sharpies, a thank you note and several bags of chocolate bite-sized candy bars in a large ziploc bag and wrote the information on the outside of the bag as well.

After things got underway on the first day of our cruise, I took them down to guest services and talked with a cast member for a few minutes. He took out a slip of paper that was used for these types of requests and filled it out and placed it in the bag. On the last night of our 5 day cruise, they had been delivered to our stateroom during the evening. They turned out great and my kids love their keepsake. The figures are covered in signatures and my kids choose not to stand in lines during the cruise to get autographs. This freed us up to do other activities.

Here are the front and backs of my children's pillowcases off our recent 3 night dream cruise:

DSC_0257_20111001_10212.jpg

DSC_0258_20111001_10213.jpg

DSC_0255_20111001_10210.jpg

DSC_0256_20111001_10211.jpg

We were VERY pleased with how they turned out.:wizard:

1153rsmith those are awesome pillowcases. :thumbsup2

Did you have someone outside of family make the name plate in the center(name and date)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter