Pillow Case signature...way to seal it?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by adisneytattoo91, Mar 8, 2013.

1. adisneytattoo91

adisneytattoo91 Practically Perfect in Every Way

For one of my wedding gifts, my mom got all the characters to sign a pillow case with Sharpies. Now, I am not going to sleep on it, because I dont want to have to need to wash it, is there any way we can "seal" it on so that the ink doesn't run, or fade?
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. adisneytattoo91

Here's a frame also if anyone is interested :)

[​IMG]

4. MyYearWithTheMouse

MyYearWithTheMouse Disneyland In A Year!

Are you sure they were done with Sharpies? That is, permanent markers? If so, there won't be any dye bleed, but after a while you'll probably experience some fading. I've washed many items marked with Sharpies with no problem. If you want a more permanent solution and know someone who is good with a needle, I've seen people who have embroidered over each signature.

5. adisneytattoo91

Oh that's an awesome idea!! I'm pretty positive it was sharpie but I LOVE the needlework idea! Thank you!

6. wdwwishes

wdwwishes DIS Veteran

You could also take it to a place like Hobby Lobby or Michaels for framing. I know there ways to have items sealed in special frames as well. On our first cruise which was in 2007, we did pillow cases for signatures for my DDs. They're on display in their rooms with pillow stuffed in them and they look just fine.