Pill pack

I'm sure this varies from state to state, but Christian's Medicaid, nor Medicare pays for this kind of packaging. We pay the pharmacy $12/month to have them do it for him.

Oh! Never knew of that handy dandy service. It would have been wonderfully convenient for my FIL before his passing.

If it isn't much more than I'd say give it a try. Need to weigh price vs. ease. Ease can win in this situation. Especially if a lot of medication is involved.

I guess I, like the others, assumed she meant one of those pill containers. Then she threw me with the filling it at Walmart. But no, I have no experience with them. Handy if you travel though.

I didn't assume it. Why are you always so hard on her? I think it would be best if you avoided Tinks threads from now on. I've never seen you have anything positive to say to her and she seems to aggravate you. Do you only come here to give her a hard time? Seems pretty mean spirited to me.

I didn't assume it. Why are you always so hard on her? I think it would be best if you avoided Tinks threads from now on. I've never seen you have anything positive to say to her and she seems to aggravate you. Do you only come here to give her a hard time? Seems pretty mean spirited to me.
When reading your earlier post(below), it does seem like you assumed it also.
If you're talking about the one that you fill on your own, I use one. I take 12 pills every day before bed so instead of messing with them every day, I just fill it up once a week and it's done.
It's what I thought she was talking about

I 100% agree!!

I think if insurance covers it then it's a fabulous idea especially for those taking multiple meds, would definitely relieve some of the stress of counting out meds and the worry of did you take them.

I'm sorry you think that, but it's certainly not true. Regardless, I think it's a pretty cool service and worth looking into. The only problem I would have is some of my prescriptions get filled through my VA Doctors and some from my private Doctors. I don't know if the company would accept my VA scripts or not. Like I said upthread, it would certainly be handy if you travel. When I came to Texas for the birth of my grandson I had to bring all my pills with me since I had no idea how long I would be staying. Seems it would be a whole lot easier just throwing a bunch of packets in my suitcase instead instead of 10 bottles of pills!

Tink, have you compared the cost between this service and filling from your normal pharmacy?
As mentioned, will your insurance cover it?

Even if it's the "best thing since sliced bread", if it's going to cost you double what you're paying now, is it worth it?

If we're going to nitpick I said if you're talking about...not since you're talking about.

Not really nitpicking. Just pointing out that if your going to call someone else out. Stating that you "didn't assume it", when you yourself in an earlier post questioned that if that's what the original poster was asking about. It's not a far leap to see where others might have assumed that's what she was originally asking.

Tink, have you compared the cost between this service and filling from your normal pharmacy?
As mentioned, will your insurance cover it?

Even if it's the "best thing since sliced bread", if it's going to cost you double what you're paying now, is it worth it?

My insurance might cover it but I am getting tired of Walmart telling me I have no refills left when I just saw my dr the week before

My insurance might cover it but I am getting tired of Walmart telling me I have no refills left when I just saw my dr the week before
Well, the question would be WHY Walmart thinks you don't have any refills...

* Does the Doctor's office call in your prescriptions?
* Do you need to drop off your prescriptions to get filled?

Walmart (any pharmacy) would need a prescription from a doctor. They're not going to know you went to the doctor last week if no one tells them to continue the prescription.

You need to find out what the cost of the pill pack are (which I actually think are a neat idea), AND whether your insurance will cover it.

If the cost is more than what you're currently paying, you need to decide if the benefits of the system are worth the increase. These are all questions we can't answer for you.

This is what i see advertised

https://www.pillpack.com

Before you even think about this any further, check with your health insurance company to see if they are willing to pay for this extra service. I have a feeling that it isn't cheap.

You can also ask your pharmacy if they do blister packs. When I worked in the group home, the pharmacy we used packaged all the resident's medications in blister packs so it was easier for us to keep track of the counts.

My doctor's office is supposed to email my prescriptions to my pharmacy (Target). I frequently get told at Target that they have no information from my doctor for my refills. I don't know if the problem lies with Target Pharmacy or my doctor's office. My guess is that it's the clinic since my other doctor seems to manage to keep the pharmacy up to date.

I am guessing your issues may lie with your doctor's office and it won't matter what pharmacy service you use.

Before you even think about this any further, check with your health insurance company to see if they are willing to pay for this extra service. I have a feeling that it isn't cheap.

You can also ask your pharmacy if they do blister packs. When I worked in the group home, the pharmacy we used packaged all the resident's medications in blister packs so it was easier for us to keep track of the counts.

I wondered about the cost, too. It looks like it's standard, they don't charge extra. (However, there are insurance plans they don't work with. They list them.) More at link, scan down to billing. https://www.pillpack.com/help
I would think they are similar to any mail order pharmacy. They save money by not having all the costs of brick and mortar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter