Pigeon Forge budget ideas

Hey "ya'll"! I am trying to finish up planning a trip in about 4 weeks to Pigeon Forge/Dollywood. I have my Dollywood tickets (season passes, best way to go IMHO if you are going to do it a couple days). Hotel is booked. I am trying to figure out food. DH and I are taking my parents who think dining out is BK!!:scared1: Not that I oppose fast food, just can only do so much of it.

I have read many people are suggesting the Old Mill. I have checked out its website, but either its not listed or I am just overlooking prices. Can someone help? Also, found a decent deal on the Smith Family Dinner & Show, has anyone ever done this? Is it worth the money? Any other non-fast food yet reasonable dining in the area?

TIA!!

Hey "ya'll"! I am trying to finish up planning a trip in about 4 weeks to Pigeon Forge/Dollywood. I have my Dollywood tickets (season passes, best way to go IMHO if you are going to do it a couple days). Hotel is booked. I am trying to figure out food. DH and I are taking my parents who think dining out is BK!!:scared1: Not that I oppose fast food, just can only do so much of it.

I have read many people are suggesting the Old Mill. I have checked out its website, but either its not listed or I am just overlooking prices. Can someone help? Also, found a decent deal on the Smith Family Dinner & Show, has anyone ever done this? Is it worth the money? Any other non-fast food yet reasonable dining in the area?

TIA!!

Here's an old mill menu.

http://dininginthesmokies.com/_menus/pf/old_mill_restaurant_pigeon_forge_menu.pdf

We also like Calhoun's in Pigeon Forge. It's beside the Waldens Landing shopping thingy.

We went 3 years ago and got a great deal on some of the downtown attractions just because my husband was military. We were going to do the car museum and found that the booth outside was selling tickets for several of the attractions (Ripley's, car museum, can't remember what else) for like $7 each for military. These were well over $30 each without the discount. It was a great surprise and we were able to hit more attractions that way.
I have been thinking about going back, but I think I will just save and do Disney again next year!

I love Pigeon Forge. I've already told my husband I want to retire there.

Things you should do..

First, I always rent a cabin from this guy:

http://www.magicalmountaincabins.com/

If you will PM me, I'll give you my real name, and you can give it to him. He always cuts me a deal, and is always willing to negotiate.

Second, Cades Cove is a must if you have an entire day to devote to it. If you're only going for a weekend, skip it till the next trip. It's free and beautiful. Make sure you stop at the store for an ice cream come.

Third, Apple Barn Winery....OMG! Free wine tastings, ice cream shop, real working cider mill, photo opps, nice way to spend an afternoon.

Fourth, Old Mill Resturant for Lunch. Don't go at dinner, it gets too crowded. Take an early lunch or a late lunch, but I'd steer clear at dinner.

We always go to Gatlinburg to window shop, free samples, taffy pulling, photo opps.

Also, if you have an extra day, leave Gatlinburg and drive towards Cherokee on the scenic route. I can't remember the name of the highway, but it takes you to the very tip top of the mountain and it's absolutely gorgeous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter