PIF / Check In Dates for Alaska

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CanadaFunMom, Jan 9, 2014.

1. CanadaFunMom

CanadaFunMom Earning My Ears

I know the Alaska cruises have an earlier PIF date than other cruises but I am a little confused!!

Our PIF date is in April but our check-in date is in June (at 75 days out). Do we still have to wait until June to book excursions or can we do that as soon as we PIF in April??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

You will have to wait until your booking window opens at 75 days to access reservations for excursions, Palo, check in, etc. regardless of your PIF date.

4. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

You have to wait till June(75 days out) if a first timer on DCL and not booked concierge.

5. chris31997

chris31997 Disney Kid at Heart

I'm pretty sure you have to wait till June to check in and do the excursions.

From what I have heard the early PIF dates for these cruise is because the Wonder is sailing out of Canada.

But I could off with my info.

For our Alaska cruise, we had to pay it off this month and we can't book anything till Feb.

6. CanadaFunMom

CanadaFunMom Earning My Ears

Thanks all! That is what I thought but wanted to make sure.

I just checked our reservations page on DCL's website. Under 'My Cruise Activities; it says pay in full to start booking, which is where I got confused.

7. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

U.S.-based cruises generally have a PIF date at 75 days; departing from a non-U.S. port (Vancouver, Canada) the Alaska cruises have an earlier PIF date (as do transatlantic, Panama Canal and the mediterranean cruises).

Returning cruisers are allowed to do check-in and advance bookings for excursions, dining, etc. at an earlier date than first time cruisers. However, they must be PIF to do so. I think the wording that confused you is standard and would have made more sense for a U.S.-based departure.

Enjoy your cruise!