Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

This used to be where you went to check in if staying at Lake Buena Vista Villas or Treehouses. It is now the AAU Building.

4562298-20301116-thumbnail.jpg

3328721112_7b07d51a0e.jpg

May 1972 - Mom and Dad's pictures from their first trip of many to WDW. I remember topiaries from the 80's. Is that the Polynesian Village Resort in the back right of the picture of the sea dragon? Looking at the one of the alligator, it's amazing too see vast empty space. I have a lot of other pictures to post from the 70's, 80's and 90's but I thought I'd start with these:)
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 8.01.37 AM.png

I really need to find my old pictures but I think most of my stuff has been covered already. However, I found this picture online - I always preferred these Mickey ice cream bars over the ones they have now. With the whole thing dipped in chocolate, it makes it so much harder to eat! LOL

mickey-bar.png

Though they are a little creepier-looking...lol.

Today, if you want to ride on the Monorail, (or any of the transportation options), you just hop on. But there was a time when you needed a Resort Identification Card to ride the Resort Monorail or a Transportation Admission Ticket to ride on the TTC Monorail and Ferry.

Polynesian-1975-Trip-8.jpg

admissionticket.jpg

May 1972 - Mom and Dad's pictures from their first trip of many to WDW. I remember topiaries from the 80's. Is that the Polynesian Village Resort in the back right of the picture of the sea dragon? Looking at the one of the alligator, it's amazing too see vast empty space. I have a lot of other pictures to post from the 70's, 80's and 90's but I thought I'd start with these:)
View attachment 80400

These are great! Thanks for sharing.

I really love the sea dragon.

I'm glad that I got to see that Parade in 2013. I like it 100 times better than the current MSEP... :/ Glad that I have the pictures and youtube videos to remember it by!! RIP :(

Re. Spectromagic... if a you saw MK night time parade in 2013, I'm pretty certain it was MSEP. I think the Spectro floats were decommissioned far before that, and then unfortunately destroyed due to improper storage/maintenance from what I remember reading.

Dan

View attachment 80400

Love these! They're bringing back the childhood memories. Thanks!

Yes, the parks and rides have changed....but so have we. Check out the fashion and hairstyles:

mk-1972-postcard.jpg

2454001873.jpg

4562298-19222964-thumbnail.jpg
OMG......that middle photo is priceless. No matter how stupid some styles can look in retrospect, ones that look like an adult diaper will always be the clear winners. A combo of that pic with the creepy Tremaines and Beehive Cinderella would send me over the edge.

Folks PLEASE keep these coming! This thread is fantastic!!

This is not my photo, found it on the Disney Parks blog, but it does show early park memories for me. From 1971 to 1976 admission to the park was about $4.
View attachment 80287

This also shows the required capacity. When there was space between you and the next Dumbo, you felt more like you were flying. Now, when you are in the air, you are looking directly at the next elephant rump.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter