Pictures of new BCV rooms

Interesting that the tub looks like the same kind as at VGF, just without the jet feature. Looks nice overall, although a bit dark for a beach theme.

We are staying at BCV in June. Did you request a renovated room when you sent your request in? Also, do you know what floors are completely done?

We are staying at BCV in June. Did you request a renovated room when you sent your request in? Also, do you know what floors are completely done?

I did the following for room requests:

- with DVC - requested a renovated room
- online checkin - requested large balcony, upper floor
- Touring Plans Room Fax - selected a room in the known renovated wing on an upper floor and included a note that my desire to have a renovated room surpassed all of my other requests.

we ended up in room 245 (I think my specific TP Fac may have been for 445?). It was great - renovated, fireworks side (but too low for a view), large balcony...

Hope that helps!

- Touring Plans Room Fax - selected a room in the known renovated wing on an upper floor and included a note that my desire to have a renovated room surpassed all of my other requests.

we ended up in room 245 (I think my specific TP Fac may have been for 445?). It was great - renovated, fireworks side (but too low for a view), large balcony...

Hope that helps![/QUOT

I was creating my touring plans fax this morning and had room numbers, 455 and 555 on it. Are they in the renovated wing? I looked at an earlier post and couldn't figure it out. I'm like you, I want a renovated room over anything else.

Hope that helps!

Online check in requests overwrite reservation requests placed by MS. DVC room requests are best added to the room reservation by MS. Cash room requests are best added by online check in. Faxed requests are often disregarded by the room assigners.

:earsboy: Bill

Sugardog - yes 445 is in the renovated wing.

As far as the faxed ones from TP - Since Disney helped Len Testa get all of that info, I wasn't sure if they still discarded them when they came from TP. I can tell you that for my trip - with stays at Sports, BCV, and CBR - All of my TP fax requests were met...but of course - I made harmonious requests via all avenues when possible!

I believe if you check the thread on the resorts board, they have the latest info..when we were there mid April (SWDS Weekend), it was just wing and they were working on the end of the crescent closest to the parking lot next. I think they had started them at the end of March.

Bobbi - I have the exact same photo of the artwork! I agree that it was all very tasteful - I really liked all of the textiles - the pillows, couches, chairs, and bed scarf were all well appointed - very beachy feeling but not matchy matchy - just well coordinated. It was very calming!

And - I really really really liked the new hallway carpeting compared to that crazy Victorian-y flower mess!

the part of the bld that sticks out like a handle is done from top to bottom! we were in 439 studio and all those floors in that section were done. they were doing the wing that extends out towards the parking lot while we were there

We checked into BCV today. We had made requests thru TouringPlans and the online checkin and they seem to have been met - we are in a renovated 1 bedroom with a large balcony - RM 245.

This is our first stay at BCV. The resort is much more spread out than we are used too - BLT a and OKW (but we rarely spend time at HH there), but we have mostly found our way around!

The renovation finishes are very nice. We really like them. The colors and patterns are very well coordinated. I am sleeping on the pullout tonight and it is very comfortable (like BLT). We are not sure if they have finished putting the rooms together as our room doesn't have the standard pack n play, high chair, or laundry basket, but we will ask the front test tomorrow about them.

I have no real experience with the 'before' but the bathroom design could really have been better thought out. I have not found one sensible choice for how those rooms are architected for a family of 4. We found the bathroom at all star sports more functional than this! Here is our day 1 gripes list that we plan to share with MS....all about the bathroom!

- there are too many large doors. While they are pretty - they get in the way and are banging into things
- the shower is poorly designed - the water sprays out when the door is opened (and the nosel angle is fixed, so it cannot be adjusted). Also - the clear glass means there is no privacy from those trying to use the toilet. Atleast at ASSports there was a shower curtain if my daughter needed to pee while DH was in the shower!
- not enough towel hooks - reminds me of BLT when it first opened....need more - and why put the towels in the toilet room instead of the shower or tub room?
- in the toilet room - the toilet paper is in a very awkward place. Barely reachable such that when sitting one must reach far to the left, behind them AND down to reach the TP. My daughter just stands up and drips her way over the get it on foot - it's crazy - especially since it seems it could have easily gone on the other wall at a normal height/reach?
- the tub seems like it would be much better with bubbles...,
- if we include the master closet in this area - there is a lot of wasted space because of the door - should have been a pocket / slider / bifold door.

I have taken photos but won't be uploading them - but if someone wants a copy to post here - send me a PM with an email and I will share.

Thanks for your great review of some not-so-great features.

I'll post pictures here and on the FAQ if you email them to me.

I'll PM the email I use for DIS purposes.

Thanks!

Dee

:goodvibes

Thanks for your great review of some not-so-great features.

I'll post pictures here and on the FAQ if you email them to me.

I'll PM the email I use for DIS purposes.

Thanks!

Dee

:goodvibes
Hello, Can someone please explain what is a touring plans Fax Room Request? and how you go about doing that? We have a 10 day BC Villa studio stay in June and would like to send in a request. Thank you for your help.

Hello, Can someone please explain what is a touring plans Fax Room Request? and how you go about doing that? We have a 10 day BC Villa studio stay in June and would like to send in a request. Thank you for your help.

Touringplans.com is a subscription website that helps you plan your Disney trip. They have crowd calendars, touring plans, a lines app, an ADR finder, and can fax in a room request.

Touringplans.com is a subscription website that helps you plan your Disney trip. They have crowd calendars, touring plans, a lines app, an ADR finder, and can fax in a room request.

Hope that helps!
How do you make a request if you have rented vacation points? I think I checked in online but it would not let me make requests.

How do you make a request if you have rented vacation points? I think I checked in online but it would not let me make requests.

In the online check-in there is a spot that allows you to select up to 2 of the options provided for requests. It's the same online check in for everyone. At some resorts it's more meaningful than others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter