Picture report: Complete!!! Video added!

the_princess

DIS Veteran
When: 20-28th of Oct '08

Who:
Me, Stephanie...
florida080711.jpg

A big fan of all sea animals especially dolphins. On this trip I got a huge thing for killer whales and manatees as well.
I've been to Seaworld once before. Marts last year, when a little baby shamu was born (4 days old, so cute) So it was great fun to get back there and see how big she is now.

My mom, Maj-britt...
florida08015.jpg

Loves loves loves the manatees, if she could, she would keep on in a pool in her garden (just kidding, Denmark is too cold for manatees)
But she did spend a couple of hours every day together with them.

SDC10004.jpg

Where: We stayed at the Renaissance Orlando Resort at Seaworld. It's right across the street from Seaworld, which was perfect, we could walk over there in 5 mins. The hotel was really beautiful (just been refurbished) and really amazing with a light seaworld theme. Nice big rooms and a really helpful staff.

florida08011.jpg

florida08006.jpg

florida08008.jpg

florida08005.jpg

florida08003.jpg

florida08004.jpg

florida08002.jpg

florida08001.jpg

sflorida08003.jpg

florida08301.jpg

Well, this was a quick intro... Next up: Killer whales, manatees, backstage tours and much much more :upsidedow

We did spend a couple of days (more like 5 days) at Seaworld, but I'm not going to put dates on the pics since I don't remember what we did when and how many times.
So instead of making long comments, I'll let the pics do the talking
Enjoy :upsidedow

First up: Manatees
sflorida08017.jpg

sflorida08019.jpg

sflorida08026.jpg

sflorida08028.jpg

florida08024.jpg

florida08028.jpg

florida08025.jpg

florida08116.jpg

This is my moms favourite. It has lost a part of the tail in a boat accident and can't be released back into the sea.
florida08118.jpg

florida08117.jpg

florida08126.jpg

florida08127.jpg

Backstage at Believe. It's quite similar to Dine with Shamu (the food is the same - and quite good as well) But at Backstage, they don't guarantee that there will be a killer whale in the pool. They show a "making of the show" video, and then you have reserved seats at the show. Quite good seats, but since the stadium was half empty, we moved down to the splash zone.
We were lucky cause they used our pool (which is the second deepest pool, the deepest is obviously the show pool) to warm up one of the whales.
sflorida08041.jpg

sflorida08039.jpg

sflorida08042.jpg

sflorida08043.jpg

sflorida08044.jpg

sflorida08045.jpg

Next up: Believe, more killer whales, tours ect...

I went to see Believe twice since I love killerwhales. My mom had enough after the first time so she went down to the manatees while I had some fun with Shamu.
I'm not a big fan of Believe, It's so much "believe in your dreams, you can do anything". I like Shamu Rocks, but back to that later.
sflorida08051.jpg

sflorida08053.jpg

sflorida08054.jpg

sflorida08055.jpg

florida08040.jpg

florida08198.jpg

florida08199.jpg

The cute Baby-Shamu was born last time we went to Seaworld in March last year. I'll post one of my pics from when she was 4 days old later in the report. Does anyone knows her name, I can't remember and it's killing me!
florida08201.jpg

florida08202.jpg

florida08205.jpg

Killerwhales are amazing animals
sflorida08059.jpg

sflorida08060.jpg

An animal that scared me was the stingrays. To feed them you have to keep your hand with the fish underneath them so they can suck it up into the mouth. I don't know why but that was scary. Check out my very concentrated face

florida08163.jpg

florida08168.jpg

florida08171.jpg

florida08009.jpg

Clyde and Seamore take Pirate Island.... So much fun. We went twice just to see how much of the show they planned cause some of it looked very improvised... Well, it's not! But still a lot of fun.
Get there early so you won't miss this guy.
florida08227.jpg

florida08228.jpg

florida08230.jpg

florida081461.jpg

Up next: Tours, Shamu Rock and other animals at Seaworld

Pacific Point Preserve - Another place where we could spend a long time just watching the seals and sealions play around.
florida081261.jpg

Watch out for the birds, they will kill for a fish
florida081241.jpg

florida081141.jpg

florida081161.jpg

florida081171.jpg

Strike a pose
florida080881.jpg

florida080901.jpg

florida08074.jpg

florida08075.jpg

We went on two of the backstage tours. The first one was the predator's tour where you go backstage at the Shamu Stadium (which was why I wanted to go) and backstage at the shark encounter and get to touch a shark (this was why all the other families wanted to go)

Backstage at Shamu's stadium
florida08176.jpg

florida08177.jpg

Our guide was really good. I think her name was Becky. Well anyway, she knew what she was talking about.
florida08178.jpg

florida08184.jpg

florida08182.jpg

At the shark encounter
florida08185.jpg

florida08186.jpg

Yes, this is the big, scary shark you get to touch
florida08188.jpg

A sign used in a shark movie, can anyone find the spelling mistake?
florida08195.jpg

A little reminder before you enter the park
florida08196.jpg

Next up: the manatee-tour, Shamu Rocks, Dine with Shamu ect.

Hi everybody and happy new year.:wizard:
I haven't forgot about this, I'm just really busy at the moment at work, but I'll get back soon and tell about the rest of my trip.... And of course show lots of pics.
A huge thanks for reading!!!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Great report so far, thanks for sharing & the awesome photos! Can't wait to check it out next month!:cool1:

Well, I think it's time for a new update. Once again thanks for reading, feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

Nexts up is the night show, Shamu Rocks. IMO this show is so much better then Believe. I loved the choice of music and the whales were amazing.
When I did the predator tour, I asked our guide if the whales were in any way disturbed by the loud music, cause it is a lot louder then at Believe. But she said that it didn't bother them. They could hear it and feel the vibes in the water but if it was hurting them in anyway they would refuse to do the tricks.

florida08300.jpg

florida081591.jpg

florida08160.jpg

florida08295.jpg

florida08296.jpg

I booked the Save-a-species tour back home as a surprice for my mom since she loves manatees.
The tour is really worth the money. You get to go backstage at the rehabilitation area where they keep the wild animals that are going back out into the sea as soon as they are healthy enough.
The guide showed us all kind of things they use to help the animals, it was very interesting.
Dolphins
florida08209.jpg

florida08219.jpg

Manatees

florida08213.jpg

florida08217.jpg

florida08220.jpg

florida08247.jpg

We also got to see the polar bears and pet a baby penguin.

florida08248.jpg

florida08250.jpg

florida08253.jpg

florida08254.jpg

florida08256.jpg

The last stop was at a bird aviary.
florida08222.jpg

florida08223.jpg

florida08224.jpg

florida08225.jpg

Dine with Shamu.
They did the show with the baby whale, Malia (thanks Oceanlove) It's was great to see her this close. Like I told earlier, we got to see her when she was 4 days old, so it was nice to see her again.
florida08283.jpg

florida08282.jpg

florida08279.jpg

florida08276.jpg

florida08275.jpg

Next up: Blue Horizons, dolphins and Makahiki Luau

Thanks for the pics and the report.

I took DD10 to SW about 4 years ago. We did the Predator tour and the touching the penguin one. She is really into animals. THe Predator tour was so cool because a few of us were waiting and our tour guide didnt come, but they sent over a actual orca trainer who started the tour telling us about how they can get the whales to come over and do medical exams.

our regular tour guide showed up, but before the trainer left, I asked for her to be in a picture with my DD. She knelt down beside my DD and I have the picture hanging up and there was a whale peaking his head out of the water in the background.

Great photos...what times approximately did your tours begin and end?

The tour where on several times a day, 3 times for most days. Each tour takes about an hour.
I just had a look at the Seaworld homepage and I can't find the tours anywhere, so maybe they stopped doing them ... I hope not:confused3

Thanks for the pics and the report.

I took DD10 to SW about 4 years ago. We did the Predator tour and the touching the penguin one. She is really into animals. THe Predator tour was so cool because a few of us were waiting and our tour guide didnt come, but they sent over a actual orca trainer who started the tour telling us about how they can get the whales to come over and do medical exams.

our regular tour guide showed up, but before the trainer left, I asked for her to be in a picture with my DD. She knelt down beside my DD and I have the picture hanging up and there was a whale peaking his head out of the water in the background.

What a great story. :goodvibes I'm glad that we did the tours, They are really worth the money.

I've just found your report - it's great. :goodvibes

Loving your photos of the backstage tours, too. :)

Great report! We are going to Sea World in March and your pics just make me more excited to go. :)

Can't wait for the next installment! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter