Pics of POR Royal Room (DH was a good sport in the perty princess room!)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MARY-IN-OH, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

Yeah, there was no way I was gonna tell DH we were staying in a princess room for 2 nights before our DVC stay! We were there beginning of February 2013, I think he is over it now. "Really, hun? You needed to pay extra to for lights the dang headboard??" :lmao:

Just kidding (sort of). We both love this resort. It's got a lot of great things going for it, food court, multiple pools, nice pool bar, great indoor bar, food court and sit down restaurant, great theming, riverboat to downtown, close walk to French Quarter resort, carriage rides. yeah, I could go on and on.

Anyway, here are some pics, and a video of the "dang lights on headboard"!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

told you...he's not quite the "oh boy! a princess room!" kinda guy! he was a pretty good sport tho. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

The Video!!

[​IMG]

4. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

Around the resort...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

carriage rides, night time around this resort is very nice, pretty quiet and relaxing.

[​IMG]

food court

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

movie at night time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

waiting at the riverboat dock to go to downtown disney

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

Great photos! We might have to try one of the Royal rooms on our trip next year -- love the themeing! Thanks for sharing. :)

6. n3rf

n3rf My Ears are growing, can you see them

wow those are excellent pictures can't wait for our August stay at POR...but after seing your pics ... maybe we should have stayed at a royal room :bitelip:

we are staying river view :banana:

7. boscov

boscov Mouseketeer

Great photos! I can't wait to see my daughters face when we get to the Royal Rooms. She's going to lose it (in the best possible way)! I just wish I didn't have to wait 8 months!

8. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

glad you are all enjoying the pics, and yep! she will probably lose it when she sees it!

A few minutes after we got into the room, my husband called his brother... "Dude, you are not gonna believe this, just when you thought you'd seen it all, this place is crazy!"... pixiedust:

9. CluelessDisFan

CluelessDisFan DIS Veteran

I'll be in a royal guest room in just 10 days! Whoo hoo! I can't wait. Thanks for sharing!

10. hoffmase

hoffmase Earning My Ears

my wife and I along with my two daughters (4 & 5) stayed in a royal room last April. I think we were the first people to ever stay in the newly renovated room. it was a big hit.

the grounds are beautiful.

11. tinkerbella16

tinkerbella16 DIS Veteran

This made me even more excited for my upcoming trip in November! Finally decided to book the royal room. my god-daughter is going to love it! :lovestruc:lovestruc

12. MARY-IN-OH

MARY-IN-OH DIS Veteran

thanks everyone, did the video I posted work? :)

13. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

It sure did, it was great...I've seen photos on many sites but never knew they lit up like that until I saw your video and you can only appreciate it if you see the video...now I'm wishing I booked a Royal Room:sad:...I'd lay in bed the other way and watch those fireworks all night LOL!!:goodvibes

14. tripletots

tripletots DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting the pictures!

My DH and I are going in May to pick up our Disney College Program daughter. We have to leave the other kids behind because of school. This is the first time we won't have to get two rooms so I decided to have my daughter make reservations in a Royal Room.

I am so excited. But at the same time I feel a lot guilt that my Princesses and Prince left at home won't get to enjoy the room.

15. ChristaDeVil

ChristaDeVil DIS Veteran

I love the faucets in the sink!!!!