Pics of DCL Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessert being prepared on Pirate Night:

cruise-flambe.jpg

Is that midnight dessert buffet on the wonder?

All this food looks sooo good... which scares me considering I've been losing so much weight and don't want to gain it all back on the cruise. :scared:

tynkerbell said:
All this food looks sooo good... which scares me considering I've been losing so much weight and don't want to gain it all back on the cruise. :scared:

I'll give you my tip. I only used the elevators about twice. I walked up and down the stairs to burn off some of the great food I was eating. :flower:

Tynk.....Nice to here you are losing weight. Our trip is in about 6 months or so, and I need to lose 50 pounds!!!!!! No way I'm putting on a bathing suit until then!! :scared1: I figure if I can lose about that then maybe a 10 pound gain won't matter so much! :banana:

I lost 117lbs in 2004 and gained 25 of it back this last fall so I am on Atkins again to lose the weight before the cruise. I am using this great software I found on the internet to track my loss. It tracks the loss, the food eaten, and your exercise. You might want to try it, weight by date, I put in my goal weight and it tells me daily after weigh in when I will hit that weight.

I should hit it by 2/7 and that gives me a 2 week buffer, That way I can eat on the cruise.

Good luck everyone who is trying to lose before their cruise

Judy:cool1:

Hey Tynkerbell,

Here is what I did. Of course I wanted to try EVERYTHING so I asked our server to bring smaller servings so I could sample other dishes. This worked well and I wasn't tempted to eat a huge portion. Also I tried to just have a taste "half" of a dessert. Another thing I do is I only drink water, no pop this saves on calories and I get plenty of water.

I have to say that I did gain about 5 pounds but I am working hard at getting rid of it, I have incentive since I will be returning to WDW in February. :cool1:

Have a great time, enjoy the food, eat wisely.

tynkerbell said:

I lost 70 pounds like year and am currently at my goal weight. I am going to try to lose another 5 pounds between now and March when we cruise so I can gain THAT 5 pounds and still be at goal, and I figure I may gain another 5 on top of that, but that would only be 5 to lose then.

I don't know if it will work, but that is my plan, because I am going to eat everything I want on the cruise! We even have the Palo Brunch booked!
DJ

macphrsn said:
Hey Tynkerbell,

Here is what I did. Of course I wanted to try EVERYTHING so I asked our server to bring smaller servings so I could sample other dishes. This worked well and I wasn't tempted to eat a huge portion. Also I tried to just have a taste "half" of a dessert. Another thing I do is I only drink water, no pop this saves on calories and I get plenty of water.

I have to say that I did gain about 5 pounds but I am working hard at getting rid of it, I have incentive since I will be returning to WDW in February. :cool1:

Have a great time, enjoy the food, eat wisely.

Good idea to ask for smaller portions. I'll have to do that. Plus I plan to make some use of the fitness center to at least run the treadmill to work some of those yummy desserts off. ;)

I have been looking forward to our cruise in Aug,
But after seeing the food I am having doubts.
I perfer more of the plain, all american foods than some of the fancy presentations.

The best of what I have seen have been some of the Kids meals. Based on some of pics of beef, its looks fatty.

I hope I am wrong, but this dosen't look good so far

Ct_TiggerFan said:
But after seeing the food I am having doubts.
I perfer more of the plain, all american foods than some of the fancy presentations.

The best of what I have seen have been some of the Kids meals. Based on some of pics of beef, its looks fatty.

I hope I am wrong, but this dosen't look good so far

I have to agree about the entrees... I'm more worried about the desserts, those look irresistable. But the entrees don't impress me, the grilled ham and cheese on the room service menu is more to my liking. ;)

That was my plan to workout a little bit, but time seem to fly by. We were on the 6th deck so I did use the stairs the entire time and if DD or DH needed something I usually ran back to our cabin. The spa is beautiful and what a view from the treadmill.

tynkerbell said:
Good idea to ask for smaller portions. I'll have to do that. Plus I plan to make some use of the fitness center to at least run the treadmill to work some of those yummy desserts off. ;)

Ct_TiggerFan said:
But after seeing the food I am having doubts. I perfer more of the plain, all american foods than some of the fancy presentations.
You can go as fancy, or as plain, as you'd like. We went on one cruise that a guy at our table had a steak (cooked WAY too much for my taste) and a plate of french fries every night. After he ordered the first night, the waiter didn't ask him again~~they had an arrangement, if he wanted something, he'd ask.

tynkerbell said:

I thought the food was 'pre-plated'. I didn't realize you could ask for a smaller size! I would love half size servings also. I will have to try asking for this on our next cruise. Thanks for the idea!
DJ

kellib36 said:
You can go as fancy, or as plain, as you'd like. We went on one cruise that a guy at our table had a steak (cooked WAY too much for my taste) and a plate of french fries every night. After he ordered the first night, the waiter didn't ask him again~~they had an arrangement, if he wanted something, he'd ask.

Thanks Kelli,

That is good news, I may try some new items, but I know my DW perfers totaly plain, and we wont even go near what DD(9) might like LOL

Just subscribing and giving a *bump*

We are going on our first Cruise (on the Wonder) in December '07!

Here is what we had for dinner from Parrot Cay.

120305PCBakedCrabMartinique.jpg

Baked Crab Martinique - Appetizer

120305PCTropicalstyleFruitSalad.jpg

Troppical Style Fruit Salad - Salad

120305PCColdCreamofMangoandPapayaSo.jpg

Cold Cream of Mango and Papaya Soup

120305PCPan-SearedGrouperwithShrimp.jpg

Pan-Seared Grouper with Shrimp

120305PCChocolate-ExpressoWalnutCak.jpg

Chocolate-Expresso Walnut Cake - Dessert

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter