Pics of DCL Food Round 2

Thanks for this. At least I am prepared for bones in the chicken. DCL is probably the only place I've come across where "chicken breast" doesn't mean boneless. :/
I know! It is like chicken breast plus! But usually very yummy and moist. Chicken is not a favorite of mine ever since I was pregnant with my son now 13. That being said, I usually have it at least once on our cruise and have not been disappointed. That, and the fact that I often eat two entres. :)

I know! It is like chicken breast plus! But usually very yummy and moist. Chicken is not a favorite of mine ever since I was pregnant with my son now 13. That being said, I usually have it at least once on our cruise and have not been disappointed. That, and the fact that I often eat two entres. :)

I think I just figured it out. Those pictures depict what I'm accustomed to being called a "quarter chicken" which I expect to have bones.

For what it's worth, I was on the Fantasy and everything thing that I ordered that was chicken did not have bones.

That chicken breast is being served "airline style" which means the larger wing bone is kept intact. It doesn't have as many bones as a "quarter chicken" like you might get at KFC or something. The ribs/backbone are not attached. This style of chicken is common in banquet settings for three reasons:

1. The chicken stays more moist during cooking.
2. It is easier to handle and the breast is less likely to break during cooking/plating.
3. It is faster than removing all the bones (prep wise) while leaving something behind that allows you to clearly tell it is chicken, rather than fish or pork.

It is very easy to simply cut the chicken breast off that little bone. It's not as labor intensive as picking the meat off a full bone in breast.

Are the DCL chicken tenders comparable to those at WDW?? My kids Love the WDW chicken tenders and measure every other chicken tender on the "Disney" scale with "Disney chicken" being at the top of the list!! :) I can't wait to try this food in February on our first cruise! !
You know, I've never tried the ones at WDW. But the ones onboard are my go-to mid afternoon snack. Have been for years.

Sadly (maybe?), this was my son's favorite meal on the boat. He's mentioned them a million times since our last cruise and he's looking forward to having them again in October.
Our son had the chicken tenders (from the kid's menu in the MDRs) for an appetizer every night.

I don't have a picture but the lobster we had on the Wonder December 2015 was the best I have ever had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter