Picky Eaters

mannpeg729

Earning My Ears
Well, maybe picky isn't quite right, but we aren't fancy eaters!!! i'm worried that the menus at Animators and other nicer restaurants are not something we'd like but i don't want to miss the show (espcially at AP!!!)

any suggestions????

i don't want to offend anyone by saying, um, i don't see anything i'd like! or can i just order some chicken tenders off the kids menu??? :rotfl2:

thanks again!

Order off the childrens menu or ask them to put this with that. I'm sure they will have no problem. They love for you to eat and be happy. Happy cruiser are repeat cruiser that tips. ;)

The best thing about a cruise is that you can try new food and if you don't like it just order something else and it doesn't cost any extra. I encourage everyone to try new things when cruising. Dining on a cruise is how I found out I love escargot and calamari!

But, if you still don't feel adventurous, or you don't like what you ordered, just order from the kids menu or have 2-3 appetizers instead of a main course. They always have salad and I believe grilled chicken and baked potato every night as an alternative. These are usually listed on the right side of the menu.

Also, if you decide to do lunch at the buffet, they dedicate one of the lines for kids meals. If you get in the line they may tell you that it's the kids side, but that's just so you know, it does not mean you can not go through that line. They usually have french fries, hot dogs, etc. And Pluto's by the family pool has french fries, chicken fingers, etc all day long. If you find that you just don't like the food at that main dining room just grab a bite to eat there and then order a kids meal or salad (and don't forget dessert) at the dining room so you can see the show.

Oh, I have to mention my DH favorite dining room finds. You can order a kids sundae or Mickey ice cream bar instead of the listed desserts anytime. And you can order a Shirley Temple in the dining rooms and there is no cost. Yummy!!!

Enjoy!

On every menu that we saw, they always had somoething simple. For instance, the pirate night menu said "Baked Salmon and Oven-roasted chiken breast available upon request" And, as the pp stated, you can always order off the children's menu or request something that you do not see on the menu to see if they have it.

You seem very sweet not wanting to offend anyone, but please remember this is your vacation. If you'd like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, it does not hurt to ask. Personally, I like fancy food, but don't stress. Disney wants you to relax and have a nice vacation!

We have the same problem....O.K dd and I do:rotfl::rotfl:
Not only can you order off the kids menu you can "special" order just a plain steak or grilled chicken breast. After several days of dd 9 not liking her menu choices we ordered her a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. They were happy to get this special order for her.

And don't forget....you can order something "new" AND something "safe" You may find out you do like something else!! popcorn::

Each night there are at least 3 "Lighter Fare" items listed, and you can always get a plain grilled steak or chicken breast with baked potato and veges. You can also order off the kids menu. You can try one of the "regular" items and if you don't care for it, order one of the plain items. OR, you can order with "sauce on the side."

My wife and I aren't fancy eaters either... OK, I'm picky.

On our cruise, I asked our server "can I..." knowing full well the answer would be "yes" on at least two occasions.
1) The menus are printed as meals such as 'steak with asparagus' or 'Salmon with baked potato' (OK, those weren't the real pairings). I requested a mis-matched side item.
2) One night (AP, I think) I didn't like any of the appetizers, and I couldn't choose between two main courses so I got both the chicken fetuccini alfredo and a steak... and they were both great choices.

We ate at Palo one night. For us it was more about the experience than the food. Our server could tell the salad my wife ordered wasn't right for her, and asked if she'd prefer something else that wasn't on the menu. She also let us know we could order anything from the other dining menus if the menu selections weren't to our liking.

Not only can you order off the kids menu you can "special" order just a plain steak or grilled chicken breast. After several days of dd 9 not liking her menu choices we ordered her a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. They were happy to get this special order for her.

And don't forget....you can order something "new" AND something "safe" You may find out you do like something else!! popcorn::

great to know we aren't the only ones!!

Well, maybe picky isn't quite right, but we aren't fancy eaters!!! i'm worried that the menus at Animators and other nicer restaurants are not something we'd like but i don't want to miss the show (espcially at AP!!!)

any suggestions????

i don't want to offend anyone by saying, um, i don't see anything i'd like! or can i just order some chicken tenders off the kids menu??? :rotfl2:

thanks again!

Nice thing about being on the cruise, you can do what ever you want. Within the rules of course. There is always something basic on the menu you can order. If not, talk with your server, they will be glad to work something out for you. On our cruise with the grandkids, the granddaughter did not want to order off the kids menu, but she ordered the same thing every night that she was not with the kids club-- grilled chicken breast and rice, no salad.

Now, on the first Disney cruise we were on, I did not want to look "different", so I found menu items I could live with. Enjoyed them and on each cruise since I have become more adventuresome. No escargot yet, but have tried everything else. I have yet to send anything back.:goodvibes

We sailed the Wonder this month and we had some of the best severs. Marriann figured out that we are picky eaters, we always asked "Is it possible to get this without ...." and her answer was always " sure, anything is possible" There is always baked chicken or some kind of steak and you can order it without sauce. Yes we ordered off the kids menu too, One night she had brought out the kids some motzerella cheese sticks and then we all order some of those, lol

Speak up the first night when ordering. I'm sure the servers will bend over backwards to keep you fed and happy. We found out after the fact once, that our server popped over to a different restaurant to get something special for a member of our party. That's just crazy, because they are so busy at meal time.

Our server figured out the first night that the 2 kids traveling with us last cruise, came to the table really hungry and squirmy, so every dinner after that they each had a plate of fruit waiting. One of the kids liked the smoothies, so every night, there was a smoothie waiting for him too. Every night they both wanted Mickey bars for dessert, same thing.

One of our party is kind of picky and sometimes the kids were. The servers were so helpful suggesting alternatives.

any suggestions????

thanks again!

I am a very fussy eater, I don't do seafood or vegetables. On the first 4 cruises I managed to eat very well as there is many choices on the menu. But just last month on my 5th cruise it was explained to me by the head server that they can arrange any meal to be prepared as long as they have a 24hr notice. So every night at the end of my supper he would bring me a book of all the menus available for the week and allowed me to choose anything I wanted. This worked out excellent and I will be doing this on my next cruise in northern europe.

Don't be afraid to ask, they will bend over to help.

This is great to know. As I started reading this thread I was saying to myself I would be so happy if I could just have a grilled cheese:)

My DD and I are plain eaters, it's nice to know we won't be destined to only eating chicken nuggets. A plain steak sounds fab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter