picky eater

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
My 10 yr old neice is VERY picky when eating out and prefers mac & cheese and chicken nuggets. Does anyone know if older kids are allowed to order from the children's menu?

It is frowned upon and you may get a no answer, but you can always ask.
Okay, I admit I am an adult who does this at both CS and TS places at WDW. To this day, I have never been told no and it was never "frowned" upon at all.

I just nicely ask to order off the kids menu. I don't eat a lot and I usually toss that in too saying "I'm just not hungry... can I have X off the kids meal?"

Believe it or not I have also done this at places like Applebee's, TGIFriday's and even a nicer place like Brio locallly.

Like I said, not once have they ever said no to me or even made me feel bad for asking.

Especially with a 10 year old, I would imagine you won't get any second looks.

Some people do say they get a slightly larger meal and get charged a couple dollars more for an adult, but I have yet to have that happen as well.

My older kids have order off the kids menu and they never say no they couldn't ,even i have ordered offf the kids menu. She will be fine too.

Kim

I took my nephew when he was 10, at some places he could find something on the regular menu he would eat... but at other places he ordered off of the kids menu. The staff never had a problem with this and sometimes asked when we were seated if we needed a adult menu or kid menu for him.

Just confirming that we haven't experienced a problem with older children or adults ordering from the kids' menu. My 22 year old niece was excited to have the kids around for this trip, so she didn't have to ask for a kids' menu just for her.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter