Picking up my own luggage?

Interesting analysis by those books. As an informed and experienced Disney - and Pop - visitor, I would attribute any non-airline delay to the fact that the Value resorts don't provide individualized luggage service, NOT that Disney considers them to 'not be a priority'. With almost 3,000 rooms and hourly luggage delivery, it's far more like - using goofy4tink as example - that one's luggage might have been off-loaded from the truck JUST after a delivery went out, and so there'd be an additional hour or so wait (plus, if one's adult child trusts the parent's advice and packs more than just all her shoes in her carry-on luggage, no waiting for delivery would have been necessary :umbrella:;))
Man, you have the memory of an elephant!!! But, to be fair, that adult dd did pack in a much more reasonable manner in August!!!!
And you're absolutely right..it's just the way the values handle luggage.

Quoted from my popular Disney guidebook (which shall not be named):

"Plan to either carry your own luggage or wait awhile... unlike other Disney resorts, luggage is delivered at their convenience, not yours."

Perhaps I exaggerated a bit by saying values aren't considered priority, but that's sort of the feeling I get from this info.
All the values handle luggage pretty much the same way...when they get to it. Even if you call them at 7am, and tell them you are checking out of the resort and need your bags moved to another resort, they will tell you to just leave the bags in your room..they'll get to them. Drives me nuts. It's not that they aren't a priority, it's just a lesser luggage system. The typical wait is about 3-4 hrs....not so bad unless there is something you really, really need in those checked bags. And like we always say....take anything you may possibly need for that first 6 hrs in your carryon bag. You do that, you should be fine. But, it would seem that you are more comfortable having your bags with you.
My only issue with those that bring their bags with them, on the bus, is this...the only time it has taken me more than 70 mins to get to my resort was the one time that 2/3 of the bus had checked bags with them. It took longer at the airport because of all the bags being stowed (not a lot of extra time, but some) and then at each resort, we sat there for at least 15 mins or so while the driver took out all the bags for that particular resort and waited for his tips. Add to that the fact that we were the third of three stops and well...it was close to 90 mins when we finally got to POP!!! I have never seen that much luggage on a DME bus...never. It was incredible.

Aimros said:
Quoted from my popular Disney guidebook (which shall not be named):

"Plan to either carry your own luggage or wait awhile... unlike other Disney resorts, luggage is delivered at their convenience, not yours."

Perhaps I exaggerated a bit by saying values aren't considered priority, but that's sort of the feeling I get from this info.
Right - but that has nothing to do with Magical Express. The Value resorts provide Luggage Assistance, not Bell Services. This means ANY luggage checked with them and requested for delivery is brought on a regularly scheduled basis, not on individual calls. That this includes Magical Express-delivered luggage is simply a fact of doing business.

Guests who want individual service, e.g. priority luggage delivery need to stay at a property that includes Bell Services.

goofy4tink said:
Man, you have the memory of an elephant!!! But, to be fair, that adult dd did pack in a much more reasonable manner in August!!!!
:teeth: Can't help it - that incident was just so anomalous, it remains in my (sometimes) excellent memory ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter