• Tikki Marinated Ahi Tuna

• Maize Crusted Pacific Sturgeon

• Filet with Macaroni and Cheese

• Pistachio Creme Brulee

• White Chocolate Mousse Pyramid

Results are only viewable after voting.

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
Please pick an appetizer, and entree, and a dessert. I just can't decide.

I'd pick the Kenya Coffee flatbread, the braised lamb shank, and that creme brulee. But from your list, I went with the Olive flatbread and the filet.

I just don't get it why everyone is so high on that mac n cheese. It AIN'T all that...especially when you are game for their other dishes. I only recommend filet and mac to the unadventurous. Not that it's not good...don't get me wrong. But for a unique dining experience, I wouldn't have that on my list.

I'd pick the maize and sweet potato tamale for an appetizer, that was my favorite appetizer there out of the six I've tried. I can't be of any help with the entrees, but out of the desserts I've tried (five of them total,) the pistachio creme brulee is one of the only ones I even mildly enjoyed. I am not a picky eater, but I was dissapointed with the food at Jiko!

I just don't get it why everyone is so high on that mac n cheese. It AIN'T all that...especially when you are game for their other dishes. I only recommend filet and mac to the unadventurous. Not that it's not good...don't get me wrong. But for a unique dining experience, I wouldn't have that on my list.

OK, I'll bite. I don't think there is anything I won't try at least once. What else is good, but unique? Again appetizer, entree, and dessert. I'll be on the DDP, by the way. How about their wine flights? (I also have my DDE card:rolleyes1 )

The best thing to do if you can't decide on an item is to talk to your server about it. :thumbsup2

Out of your list, I picked the Tuna appetizer, the Filet entree, and the mousse pyramid for dessert, just because I don't care for pistachio, Off your list, my favorite Jiko appetizer doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore (the duck firecrackers), but the maize and sweet potato tamale would be a close 2nd. I really love the filet and the mac and cheese, but my partner normally orders it, so I get to try the seafood entrees. They used to have a Chilean sea bass cooked in a banana leaf, but it's gone too <sniff>, so I'm thinking about the Maize-crusted seared Pacific sturgeon, the Durban curry shrimp, or the filet for my meal on the 26th. And I agree, the servers at Jiko are some of the most knowledgeable at any restaurant I have eaten, and can answer most any question about the food, wine pairings to have with any entree, etc. etc.
Enjoy!!

We enjoyed the filet with mac and cheese! We are pretty adventurous... but maybe sometimes you just want good steak--and it is a great steak! We had a different flatbread and it was pretty good so I chose your flatbread even though I haven't tried it. I have heard raves on the pistachio brulee even though that was not one of the desserts we ordered.

OK, I'll bite. I don't think there is anything I won't try at least once. What else is good, but unique? Again appetizer, entree, and dessert. I'll be on the DDP, by the way. How about their wine flights? (I also have my DDE card:rolleyes1 )

Of your choices, I went with the tuna, the filet, and the creme brulee.

Of the current menu items, I'd go with:

Kenyan Coffee BBQ Chicken Flatbread (which is absolutely divine...my current fav followed by the tamales. I pine for the days of the old "firecrackers", though).

Berbere Braised Lamb Shank (my 2nd choice, if you're not a "lamp" kinda person would be the Tamarind Braised Beef Short rib which, IMHO, is just as good as the filet for a "beef" selection....not quite as good of a cut of meat, but the preparation and sides make up for it). The Sturgeon....actually, the old Chilean Sea Bass, but the Sturgeon replaces it, now.... is my wife's favorite, FYI, followed by the Tanglewood Chicken (which I find to be the only "boring" selection on their menu. :) )

I've done the cheese selection ...it's VERY good but we did it as a "3rd course" between our main course and dessert (shared amongst the table).

For dessert, I'd go with the brulee, but can also recommend the cardamon spiced pound cake (which was VERY good) or the flourless Chocolate Cake stack (especially if you're a chocoholic...it's VERY good).

Out of your list, I picked the Tuna appetizer, the Filet entree, and the mousse pyramid for dessert, just because I don't care for pistachio, Off your list, my favorite Jiko appetizer doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore (the duck firecrackers), but the maize and sweet potato tamale would be a close 2nd. I really love the filet and the mac and cheese, but my partner normally orders it, so I get to try the seafood entrees. They used to have a Chilean sea bass cooked in a banana leaf, but it's gone too <sniff>, so I'm thinking about the Maize-crusted seared Pacific sturgeon, the Durban curry shrimp, or the filet for my meal on the 26th. And I agree, the servers at Jiko are some of the most knowledgeable at any restaurant I have eaten, and can answer most any question about the food, wine pairings to have with any entree, etc. etc.
Enjoy!!

The Sturgeon would be my first choice. The curry is good, but not spicy enough for me (I like REALLY SPICY, though). The filet has always been a winner, of course.

Just an FYI, we ate there on Sunday and they don't have the sturgeon anymore, it's now halibut. It is very yummy though (DH got it)

We really liked the BBQ chicken flatbread. If you want to try something different, I'd recommend the Taste of Africa. It includes a hummus, and 2 other dippers which were yummy!

I had the fillet and loved it, and I loved the mac and cheese. If you like fillet mignon, you know it can be really flavorless, but that wasn't the case here. It was buttery and yummy and cooked perfectly. (I like it medium)

I had the chocolate pyramid and loved it. It's not really chocolatey per se, the emphasis is on the fruit but it was delicious.

Also, someone above mentioned the flourless chocolate stack..that wasn't on the menu either.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I have a few pics of these dishes if you haven't seen them!

Here's my choice for appetizer!
100_1036.jpg

I had the sturgeon, it was great, I was really loving it until I tasted the filet.

My DH chose the Filet with the mac & cheese. When we go back, that would be my pick! That filet has so a smokey flavor & that sauce with the mac & cheese is just so wonderful! (We are very adventurous eater's but this steak was great!)

For dessert we shared the mocha stack. Rich chocolate flavor not too sweet but the vanilla ice cream that came with it was fabulous!
100_1040.jpg

We ate there last week and I thought the flatbread with coffee bbq sauce, chicken, and apples was out of this world. The steak was great also, but I didn't think the mac and cheese was all that. If I were going again, I'd get that flatbread but branch out to some other entree.

I too didn't think the filet with mac and cheese was all that. The mac and cheese was very bland and the sauce nothing special. The steak was good though.

On my last trip there, I had the Chermoula Roasted, Tanglewood Chicken and OMG!!!! That was one of the BEST dishes I have ever had in Disney. The combination of the small ingredients were fabulous.

I have also had the flatbread with bbq sauce, chicken and apples and the BBQ sauce was a little much. That can vary though, so with less I am sure it would have been great. It was good, just too much sauce.

I voted for the olive flatbread for you, that is also good..my sister had it.

ETA: Oh and the Pistachio Creme Brulee is also awesome! I do not care for Creme Brulee at all but got it because of the Pistachio and VERY GOOD!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter