Piano practice at Disney?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by marvth, Jan 7, 2013.

1. marvth

marvth Earning My Ears

I am a competitive pianist, and will be at Disney World shortly before a piano competition. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Does anybody know if there would be somewhere for me to practice?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Costumesaremylife

Costumesaremylife <font color=purple>If someone's baking. I'm eating

I know there is a Piano in the Grand Floridian Lobby. I have no idea if they'd let you use it.

4. sharadoc

sharadoc Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.

I don't think there's any possibility of that.

5. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

How many can you eat?

6. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

I would go to the GF, and sit and start playing...your a pro, I don't see the mangers stopping someone that good.:thumbsup2

The worse that could happen is they ask you to stop.

AKK

7. bookgirl

bookgirl DIS Veteran

Check out locals who are giving piano lessons and see if you can 'rent' so time to use thier piano. Or nearby churches.

8. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I would go to GF and ask permission to play their piano, as long as there is no scheduled pianist at the time. GF has both pianist and up in mezzanine a quartet that plays at times during the day. Maybe you could find out when no one is scheduled, and ask if you could play.

9. brucerob62

brucerob62 Mouseketeer

when are you at DW..i would come listen at the GF if you were playing..i love good piano music anytime anywhere.

10. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I would have to imagine some of the lounges have pianos. In fact, I think Yee-Haw Bob at POR uses a piano when he performs there on select evenings. So, obviously a functioning piano but whether they'd let a guest play it for any length of time is questionable. Since it may draw a crowd, they might be concerned you'll try to collect tips or think you are an act of the resort.