1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by shaunaday, Jun 25, 2008.

1. imajinable

imajinable Earning My Ears

Staying at the AOA in Aug/Sept. Wondering if anyone has decorated the windows there. If so can you please post some pics..thank you :bitelip: :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

We were there in December and decorated our window. It wasn't as fun as when we did it at Pop though. The buildings have such a huge area of landscaping that it never felt like I could get a good view of it walking up to our room.

[​IMG]
    IMG_9810a by mom2rtk, on Flickr

4. imajinable

We were there in December and decorated our window. It wasn't as fun as when we did it at Pop though. The buildings have such a huge area of landscaping that it never felt like I could get a good view of it walking up to our room.

Omgosh!! Absolutely love your Little Mermaid Window!

Oh no! I was so lookin forward to decorating it :confused3 But oh well at least our door will be seen :cheer2:

5. imajinable

Oh no! I was so lookin forward to decorating it :confused3 But oh well at least our door will be seen :cheer2:

6. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Thanks!

I'd still decorate the window. I just didn't think it was as visible because nobody really got very close to the windows. And the way our room was situated, we never walked past our own window. We exited the opposite way.

7. imajinable

Oh no! I was so lookin forward to decorating it :confused3 But oh well at least our door decorations will be seen :cheer2:

Sorri everyone im still trying to get a hang of this :confused:

8. imajinable

We'll still decorate the window even if no1 else sees it at least my niece will be able to enjoy it!! :woohoo:

9. Kellitinkerbelli

Kellitinkerbelli please stand clear of the doors, por favor manteng

Decorated windows are fun

10. katiee37

katiee37 DIS Veteran

I'm staying at AoA so I don't see too many posts about window decs there but I think I might still give it a try!

11. roannamb

roannamb Mouseketeer

I'm staying across the lake from AoA and ill be doing it there!

12. bearsngifts

bearsngifts Earning My Ears

What are the window measurements at Port Orleans French Quarter? I'm ready to make decorations for our windows!!!

(My husband will think I'm nuts!!)

Christy

(55 days!!!!)

13. Tarheel Mom

Tarheel Mom Mouseketeer

I so hope someone answers this ~ I need to know too! I've been planning our trip for 2 years so my husband already thinks I'm nuts, lol :)

14. TinaLala

TinaLala Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

DD14 and I have been working on some items for our WL window! Can't wait! We're using our Mickey and Friends Cricut cartridge!

15. Radiorox

Radiorox Live from the city of Magic.

Has anyone ever tried net lights? I may be giving that a whirl in September at POP!

16. roannamb

roannamb Mouseketeer

That's a great idea! I haven't seen anyone do that before, but it makes sense. I don't see why you couldn't if regular lights are allowed.

I'll be doing a window in September in POP too. We'll be there 8/31-9/7.

17. momminnie

momminnie DIS Veteran

Hey all! I'm planning a trip to the Magical place in Feb.:yay: we are planning to stay a POFQ.:) I usually try and decorate a little, I don't know what to do for Mardi Gras.:confused3 Need help with some ideas.:goodvibes

18. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

What could we do for small lights for our window to find our room at night? Glowsticks wouldn't work because they wouldn't stay glowing from morning until night and I don't want to pack string lights because we would need another travel adapter and ideally we want to get away with one suitcase for the two of us.

I've already figured that we'll hang a happy birthday banner in the top of the window with bunting (paper triangles on a string) around it. For the second little bit I'll pick up a window sticker I saw in the pound store of a birthday cake, and then maybe bring along a couple of plushies to put in the bottom or something.

19. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

This was my Halloween window at the All Star Sports. Sorry for the glare on the window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

I would say use bold colors like purple & gold and get some beads & masks from some place like Oriental Trading. They have a whole section on Mardi Gras, including beads, masks, jester garland, dangling swirls, and more. They even have Mari Gras rubber duckies & crawfishes!

http://www.orientaltrading.com/api/search?Ntt=mardi+gras

21. momminnie

momminnie DIS Veteran

Thank you so much!pixiedust: I had not thought about Oriental :scratchinTrader! Great idea!:thumbsup2