Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by shaunaday, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Catira

Catira DIS Veteran

Is it possible to decorate windows and/or doors at OKW villas? Our trip is 10/22-10/29 in a 2 bedroom villa.:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. SallyNeko21

SallyNeko21 Mouseketeer

Just stumbled upon this thread! WOW You guys are rockin these windows! I just finished laminating and cutting out my window decorations that I made, but after seeing these I NEED more stuff!!! Thanks for the inspiration LOL Does anyone know the size of the windows at All Star Movies? Are they the same as at POP? What about the Grand Floridian windows? Is it appropriate to decorate the the GF???

4. Mrs. Bradbury

Mrs. Bradbury It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!

Here are pics of our window at Pop from October 2010:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The lights were purple and orange and looked cool at night. The eyes in the lower left hand corner also blinked. My kids are older and we don't do whimsy very well anymore. :laughing:

*sigh* So sad we're not going to be able to go this October. It's just not in the budget this year, or next year. :sad:

5. sammyjo1871

sammyjo1871 Mouseketeer

Anyone know the measurements of the POFQ windows?

6. Lisa Sox Fan

Lisa Sox Fan Earning My Ears

Here is my window from Pop. I also put some magnets on the door. The one on the right says My First Visit. We were facing the lake on the 4th floor at Pop so I don't think a lot of people saw my window but I still enjoyed it. The lights were orange, purple and green.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Princess Kristin

Princess Kristin Earning My Ears

Are there windows to decorate in the Bay Lake Towers. We did door magnets for our cruise and had a blast!! I would love to do something fun for our first stay at Bay Lake!!!

8. DisneylandDenizen

DisneylandDenizen Earning My Ears

These are all so great - Keep 'em coming!

9. RVinMomma

RVinMomma Mouseketeer

I love these windows! We camp and puting up lights and decorating our RV is one of my favorite parts of Disney.

10. ld4483

ld4483 Earning My Ears

LOVE all the pics! Does anyone decorate for Thanksgiving? We will be there Nov. 13-19th.

11. BeccaGoofy

BeccaGoofy Working on the magic for our next trip to WDW

Does any one know the depth of the windows at Pop Century. I know the window dimensions are 37 3/4" x 59".

Thanks in advance.

12. KikiFan

KikiFan <font color=darkorchid>I just couldn't believe som

I read in another thread that someone was ordered to take down their window decorations or be charged $100 per day. Does anyone know anything about this? I was hoping to decorate at POFQ but know I'm wondering if it's such a good idea.

13. jamiesmom07

jamiesmom07 Mouseketeer

Really!?! I was going to decorate at POFQ when we are there 11/25-12/3, hopefully someone can clear this up for us.

14. KikiFan

I know right? Hopefully between the two of us we can sort it out!

15. BeccaGoofy

BeccaGoofy Working on the magic for our next trip to WDW

Do you have a link to the thread? I tried looking but I'm a newbie and did not find anything.

I called POFQ and spoke with Blanche. She said all she could only speculate the decorations might have been considered offensive or they might have had the potential to cause damage to the window.

She checked with the front desk. Decorating the windows is fine so long as the decorations are not offensive, not permanent, are removed by the end of your stay and do not cause damage.

Hope that helps. If you find the post I'd love to read it.

16. KikiFan

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to make the call that was my next step.

I don't remember the exact thread, but it was in the scrap booking section.

17. storabelle

storabelle "All your dreams can come true - if you have the c

Love it all!!! I think I've found my new "Must Do"! :woohoo:

18. xJenna

xJenna Mouseketeer

I love all the pictures on here, I'm super jealous of how creative you all are. I'm trying to come up with ideas for the window when my BF and I go down in May. He wants to do something Star Wars related because we're going to Star Wars weekend for the first time. He's a star wars fan, I've seen a few of them. It's proving to be a challenge.

Quick question, is there anything else people use to hang things on the windows? It seems like tape is avoided and suction cups are the way to go.

19. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Just bought my suction cups yesterday! :dance3:

I also bought some lights last week. Can't wait to see it come together in a few weeks! :banana:

20. jamiesmom07

jamiesmom07 Mouseketeer

Suction cups were pretty hard to come by today at Wal-Mart, but I got mine, now can't wait to hang my homemade Mickey pine wreath!!!!
    12 more sleeps!!!

21. jennad4

jennad4 Mouseketeer

We decorated last year for our December stay at POP. My daughter really got into making the Mickey garland using the paint samples from Home Depot. This year we are staying at POFQ for the first time. Do people decorate windows there?