Photos from our room at the Dolphin

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Blondie, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Blondie

Blondie ~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys

As promised, here are just a few photos from our renovated room at the Dolphin from last week. We were in room 2179 (second floor) facing the Grotto Pool area and part of Crescent Lake.

Disregard the wrong date at the lower right hand corner on the photos, it's broken.

From our balcony, this is what we saw. This is a zoomed in shot taken with a regular 35mm. Minolta Freedom Zoom:

[​IMG]

Here is just one of the inside of our renovated room! Those beds are definitely Heavenly! The rooms are tastefully decorated in shades of light blue and peach. Very attractive!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. madge

madge ... is soaking in it

wow! those look awesome! I'm starting to get a little excited about our trip :) :) :)

4. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Thanks, Blondie! ;) I didn't realize the Dolphin rooms were going to look like the Swan's. Were the beds double, or did they switch them to queen? And, would you happen to know, are they the exact same scheme as the Swan?

5. Disney Daniel

Disney Daniel <font color= blue>Aw.....FIDDLESTICKS!!!!!

Great photos! Makes me look forward to our next trip even more. :)

6. Blondie

Sorry if you are seeing Red X's! That means I'm exceeding my bandwidth with Worldzone.

Try again later!

On second thought, maybe I'll just remove a few of the photos so I'll be within limits again!:o

7. Janet2k

Janet2k DIS Veteran

Blondie, excellent photos. But I want to see MORE (hee hee). ;) It looks like you had a wonderful vacation, *sigh.*

8. *Belle*

*Belle* DIS Veteran

We booked the Dolphin for May 2004. I love the new room decor.:D I was a little nervous booking as we tend to stay at the YC. However, after speaking with the wonderful Swan/Dolphin CM'S i was sold. (of coarse the wonderful discount was an added bonus ;) ) Thanks for taking the time to share.:sunny: :sunny:

9. ozziewags

ozziewags <font color=FF66FF>I'm a believer!!<br><font color

Great photo's Blondie. Room looks exactly like the Swan. Here is our Swan room from July:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. GoofyinNY

GoofyinNY <font color=FF66FF>To be tagged is to wait happily

Welcome back Blondie. Great photographs. I can't wait until April 2004.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

11. luvdisney14

luvdisney14 Mother of 3 Great Boys

Great photos, room does look like to swan room, does the dolphin have a sink outside the bathroom like to swan? Also, the swan only has one chair in the room, does the dolphin have 2? Trying to decide which resort to stay in.

12. Blondie

The rooms do look similar! I really like the color scheme, in shades of blue and peach.

The Swan has what is called a "hollywood bath" meaning there are two sinks, one inside with the tub and toilet, and another just outside the door. The Dolphin only has one sink.

Our room at the Dolphin had a nice stuffed chair, and also a chair that went with the desk.

13. luvdisney14

We didn't have a desk and a desk chair at the swan. We had foot stool and a small bench. I wonder if the rooms are the same size. Where is the sink in the dolpin, bath room or outside the bathroom?

14. ozziewags

We had a desk and chair(this is CL).....also had the sink outside the bathroom, as was stated....if you have a teenage daughter, the sink is worth it!
    [​IMG]
    We had a great stuffed chair and small table, but would have liked to had two chairs...there was room.(besides the desk chair)Also had the bench, where we put a suitcase, to the right of the desk.

15. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

My room at the Swan also had a desk, and I wasn't on the club floor.

16. #1hockeymom

#1hockeymom <font color=blue>Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

I was CL but not on the club floor. We had a room exactly like ozzie's but we were on the end so we had a huge picture window on the desk side, and the doorwall/balcony by the club chair. (Swan east wing, room 726, overlooking the boardwalk). The room across from us was a Jr. Suite and had a third window.

Great pictures Blondie! Thank you for sharing! We never took a photo of our room and I am regretting that! The only resort photo we have is of ds on the balcony in his mickey hat with light up ears/spray bottle around shoulder/POTC shirt on him, ready for a night on the town at MGM. Why didn't I turn that camera around and shoot the room? :)

Debbie

17. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Has anyone stayed in a studio room at the Swan since they did the renovations? I'm looking so forward to our trip! I just can't wait to sleep in a heavenly bed!!

Thanks for those pictures Blondie & Ozzsiewags-wish I had those beds to sleep in tonight!!:p:p:p

18. luvdisney14

I don't know what I was thinking, that was my exact room at the swan. i still don't understand about the sink at the dolphin, was it inside the bathroom or outside? I'm am agrueing with my DH isn't the grotto pool closer to dolphin than swan?

19. ozziewags

Never stayed at the Dolphin, but from what I have heard on these boards, the Dolphin has one sink inside the bathroom. Yes, the Grotto Pool is closer to the Dolphin, depending on where your room is in the Dolphin, and where your room is in the Swan! We are talking steps here! But from looking at it from the outside, it looks closer to the Dolphin.

20. Mouseteacher

Mouseteacher <font color=9999FF>Being tagged makes you feel war

The Dolphin has 1 sink that is outside the bathroom in a vanity area.

A studio room - I think you mean Jr. Suite - We were so lucky to receive a J. Suite as a comp upgrade. It is a large L-shaped room with two picture windows in the dining area, a larger picture window and a slider to the balcony in the sleeping area. The window in the sleeping area is behind the sofa bed and is larger than the windows in the dining area. The suite we had was at the end of the east wing #625 so we had a panoramic view. It was an awesome room - we were so thrilled!
    [​IMG]

The 2nd window is at a right angle to the window you can see in the dining area. The sofa and its window is facing the bed.

21. Mouseteacher

Mouseteacher <font color=9999FF>Being tagged makes you feel war

oops - double posted same pic - here's the sleeping area of the suite.

[​IMG]

Facing the bed you can the corner of the cabinet containing the minibar with the TV on top. The dresser is next to the bed. You can see the sliders and the comfy chair. The sofa (not seen) is next to the TV facing the bed and a large window behind it. You can move the TV so that you can watch it from the dining area, too.

When all the curtains were drawn open - the views were incredible - particularly at dusk as all the lights were coming on and the sun was setting.