Photos from Fantasy Eastern Concierge cruise

What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?

• Riding the Aquaduck

• Dining in Palo and/or Remy

• Relaxing in the Rainforest Room

• Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime

• Shopping on shore and/or on ship

• Sailing with Mickey and Minnie

Results are only viewable after voting.
It took me a week but I'm finally caught up on your trip report. Thanks so much for posting, it's been great to follow along.

Fantastic trip report, thank you so much for taking the time to share your photos and experiences. I know how trip reports can be time consuming! And it's cool how your family members chimed in :) . I am really looking forward to my (non-concierge) trip on the Fantasy in August and thanks to your report, I am even more excited about my Concierge cruise on the Dream next May. :love:

Side note: I had a similar experience on the Cozumel ferry during my honeymoon in 1999. It was hurricane season and one was in the area so the water was choppy, it was a vomitfest. I always wondered if it was because I was a few weeks prego, but after reading your story I'm thinking maybe not. Because of that experience I am skipping the mainland excursions and just hanging out at Nachi Cocum.

I discovered yesterday that another TR I was following is no longer up. She was on the same cruise and had posted all the Navigators so I hadn't bothered going through my papers from the cruise.

Now, I'm scanning some stuff that you might like to see as well and then filing them back away as souveniers.

Here's the paper we got the first day that I wish I had read before yesterday!

concierge.jpg

thanks for posting this!!!

i assume it's the same or similar on the Dream...in any case, i'll know to look for it! i hope to be able to borrow an Ipad since i won't be bringing my computer with me..

by the way, i did get a cabana on SB, plus i booked palo brunch and palo dinner on pirate night....i was going to book remy, but decided i'd go with palo instead....i just don't think my sister would enjoy remy.....

Thank you so much for this wonderful trip report! I loved the humor in your observations, made it so much fun to read. I just spent the morning going over your report instead of finishing my FEs :rolleyes1. We sail in 16 days in an aft cabin!!!! :yay: If it is even possible, you made me even more excited to go.

K in SA

Thanks for telling me about the tv in the cat. V, this is the first I've heard about that. Will be looking forward to that in Jan.

I am happy to hear about the televisions in the "bedroom". The only cat v photos I've seen, show a print...NOT a television.

Loved, loved, loved your trip report. I cant believe that out of all those photos you took, most of the general areas were totally uncrowded! Did you just take your pics at "off" hours or was it really not over crowded?

thanks for posting this!!!

i assume it's the same or similar on the Dream...in any case, i'll know to look for it! i hope to be able to borrow an Ipad since i won't be bringing my computer with me..

by the way, i did get a cabana on SB, plus i booked palo brunch and palo dinner on pirate night....i was going to book remy, but decided i'd go with palo instead....i just don't think my sister would enjoy remy.....

Yes, they are the same.

Palo is good, but Remy is amazing. We almost cancelled Remy, due to the length of the meal. I'm sooooo happy, we didn't change our plans.:goodvibes

Loved, loved, loved your trip report. I cant believe that out of all those photos you took, most of the general areas were totally uncrowded! Did you just take your pics at "off" hours or was it really not over crowded?

Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed it! This is JegSnakkerNorsk using Speedo's computer (now that she has electricity again).

I took photos at all times and the only times I ever felt like there were a lot of people were in the main dining rooms (they got loud, even in the late seating) and in the bars when there was special entertainment - I never got to participate in any of the trivia or see the "adult only" performances of the entertainers in the Tube since they would fill a half hour before start time. I felt like the Magic was more crowded in January 2011. We sailed in May and the ship might not have been completely full as well.

Thanks JegSnakkerNorsk and speedo for an AWESOME TR!!!!! I will be on the Fantasy in Concierge later this year and your TR answered MANY of my questions and will help to make my cruise so much better. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! :cloud9:

Mom and I went on the original Wonder PC crossing. If you have any questions or would like some pictures, please let me know. I didn't do a TR because I put all of my energy in an Adventures by Disney blog and I haven't recovered. :laughing:

I have one question for you. We want to do Remy on Pirate night as well but we would like to stop by AP at our normal dining time to say hello to our "cruise family". We are going to do AERAERA as well. Is it possible to stop by AP before dinner at Remy?

Thanks again!!!!!

Great TR!! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information and pictures.

Before this report, I had no desire for a cabana ...... HOWEVER ......

I do have a question, though .... how in the world did you get your camera on the Aqua Duck?? I have heard that they are strictly prohibited. I really want to take mine!!!

Thanks JegSnakkerNorsk and speedo for an AWESOME TR!!!!! I will be on the Fantasy in Concierge later this year and your TR answered MANY of my questions and will help to make my cruise so much better. Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! :cloud9:

Mom and I went on the original Wonder PC crossing. If you have any questions or would like some pictures, please let me know. I didn't do a TR because I put all of my energy in an Adventures by Disney blog and I haven't recovered. :laughing:

I have one question for you. We want to do Remy on Pirate night as well but we would like to stop by AP at our normal dining time to say hello to our "cruise family". We are going to do AERAERA as well. Is it possible to stop by AP before dinner at Remy?

Thanks again!!!!!

I will PM you with questions on the Wonder PC -thank you!!!

Glad we could help you with your planning. Sounds like you will have a great trip. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to stop by your table before dinner. I know one couple in concierge had Remy the night they had Animator's Palate for the animators show and they talked to concierge to make sure they could still do the animation before their dinner at Remy (they just didn't get to stay for the show which is at the end of dinner). So if they could do that, I'm sure your plans will work out.

Remy was wonderful. I wish the Wonder had it too!

Great TR!! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information and pictures.

Before this report, I had no desire for a cabana ...... HOWEVER ......

I do have a question, though .... how in the world did you get your camera on the Aqua Duck?? I have heard that they are strictly prohibited. I really want to take mine!!!

Okay so we are not normally rule breakers by any means. But apparently there is a rule of no cameras on the aquaduck. We learned this after the trip when someone else called me on it. I guess this is stated on the sign, but the only thing I read on that sign was "10 minute wait". Sis had it in her hand and no one said anything to her. I think it would depend on who is working, but we honestly wouldn't have if we knew it wasn't allowed. I've seen so many videos on YouTube I just assumed it was allowed. We used the wrist strap and it's a small waterproof camera that we use in the waterparks.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the great report. This must have taken your sister and you hours!!! I loved living vicariously through your report. I'm booked in concierge on the Dream for Christmas 2013. This makes me even more eager for time to fly. I can't wait.

I may have missed this, but were you allowed to watch fireworks from the concierge sun deck? Was there a good view from there? I hate the pirate party insanity but love the fireworks.

Thanks.

I discovered yesterday that another TR I was following is no longer up. She was on the same cruise and had posted all the Navigators so I hadn't bothered going through my papers from the cruise.

Now, I'm scanning some stuff that you might like to see as well and then filing them back away as souveniers.

I've loved reading your TR :) My DD (28) and I have this cruise booked for January and can't wait! We've done the Dream and are really looking forward to the longer cruise on the Fantasy.

I too had been following the other TR & was glad she had started to post the Navigators ~ fun to read them day by day. If you have a chance I was hoping maybe you would be able to post the Navigators here since hers are no longer available.

Thanks for such a great review!

I've loved reading your TR :) My DD (28) and I have this cruise booked for January and can't wait! We've done the Dream and are really looking forward to the longer cruise on the Fantasy.

I too had been following the other TR & was glad she had started to post the Navigators ~ fun to read them day by day. If you have a chance I was hoping maybe you would be able to post the Navigators here since hers are no longer available.

Thanks for such a great review!

sure will. been traveling to the power outage midatlantic. but will try to do it this weekend.

sounds like a nice trip planned!

Thanks for the great report. This must have taken your sister and you hours!!! I loved living vicariously through your report. I'm booked in concierge on the Dream for Christmas 2013. This makes me even more eager for time to fly. I can't wait.

I may have missed this, but were you allowed to watch fireworks from the concierge sun deck? Was there a good view from there? I hate the pirate party insanity but love the fireworks.

Thanks.

we watched them from our verandah. we were on starboard side. the concierge sun deck is open until 10pm so i bet you could.

Thanks. If I'm not mistaken I'm on the starboard side. Watching from the veranda would be great!

sure will. been traveling to the power outage midatlantic. but will try to do it this weekend.

sounds like a nice trip planned!

Thank you :) We live in Virginia but thankfully never lost our power -- lots of downed trees in our neighborhood but no real damage. We could certainly tell it was no "ordinary" windstorm Friday night!! Were you visiting your sister in VA? I hope you and she stayed safe and that her area wasn't hit hard.

Thank you :) We live in Virginia but thankfully never lost our power -- lots of downed trees in our neighborhood but no real damage. We could certainly tell it was no "ordinary" windstorm Friday night!! Were you visiting your sister in VA? I hope you and she stayed safe and that her area wasn't hit hard.

I'm just glad I have yet to miss a natural disaster in the DC area in recent years - Irene, Lee, Earthquake, microbursts, spanish thunderstorms, you name it. I have great timing. We were fine, just very very hot. And hey it's good to completely clean out the fridge and freezer isn't it? Glad you didn't lose power.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter