Photos from Fantasy Eastern Concierge cruise

What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?

• Riding the Aquaduck

• Dining in Palo and/or Remy

• Relaxing in the Rainforest Room

• Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime

• Shopping on shore and/or on ship

• Sailing with Mickey and Minnie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great report. :thumbsup2
Is it required to include your cabin # on your sketch in AP? If so why is it needed? TIA

Is it required to include your cabin # on your sketch in AP? If so why is it needed? TIA

They give the drawings back to you so I think that might be why they want your cabin number in case they miss you after dinner and have to deliver them to your room :confused3

I had so much fun reading your TR, thanks so much for sharing your parents vow renewal. My husband & I wanted to do that & wondered what it would be like, it was beautiful & you are awesome daughters for doing this for them!

We took our first cruise on the Dream this past March & fell in love with it so we are going on the Fantasy June1, 2013 and can't wait!!! Had to go for longer time next time! Can't wait for more days at see and a differet itinerary other tha Nassau.

The water on CC was to cold for me in March so hoping it is much warmer the first of June. Was the water a good temp to get in for May? There weren't many adults in when we went in March. Thanks!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us!!! I am sad it's over. As stated before, makes me more excited to leave (3 weeks :yay:) and experience this cruise!

Thank you for such a great trip report. I have enjoyed reading and looking at all your lovely photos. I'm looking forward to reading your next trip report as I have got to wait until September 2013 for my next cruise.

thanks to both of you for taking the time to share such a wonderful and detailed trip report with us!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks for following along and I hope your reservation/bookings went well!

I know trip reports are a lot of work so thank you for doing this one. I look forward to hearing about your Panama cruise as well.

I look forward to the PC as well!!! I live for my Disney vacations!

I really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for taking the time! :thumbsup2

Thanks for taking the time to read. Glad you enjoyed it.

Loved your trip report! We are booked concierge on the Dream next summer. So excited! I do have a question for you. When do the pre-dinner snacks come out in the concierge lounge? We're booked for the early dinner and I'm wondering if snacks are out before the early seating and the late seating. TIA, for any information on this!

I have just discovered by finally going through all the papers I brought back from my cruise that on the first day they gave us a piece of paper with all the times and amenities of the concierge lounge. I wish I had looked at this while on the cruise because I didn't know we could borrow Wii equipment and that would have been fun to play with dad and Sis that afternoon instead of Rummy 500 with playing cards, how old fashioned!

Again, I really enjoyed reading your report! Thanks for sharing all those fantastic photos - I'm especially a sucker for food photos, so I was hooked from he first post. That was a brilliant idea to draw a cartoon of other table mates at AP! I loved it! Thanks again! :upsidedow

I hadn't seen the animator's show on youtube so I wasn't sure what to expect and I loved it. I would, if you haven't already, I wouldn't see it before you go - just be surprised. Glad you liked the food pictures. Disney is the one place everyone can be a kid and everyone can be a foodie!

Thank you for your trip report. DH and I learned alot. We laughed alot. Your Dad on the AquaDuck is priceless. I enjoyed your parents vows renewal. It made me wonder if DH and I should consider this in the future. So beautiful.
Your pictures were fantastic. Sadly the report had to end, you kept us entertained and enlightened and we will miss you and your sisters sense of humor. Looking forward to your Panama Canal Cruise trip report;)

Thanks so much! I just learned last year that Mom had wanted to do a vow renewal on their 25th but with two kids in college they didn't. I told Sis this and she and I got thinking and planning and well you know the rest. We tried to get more of our family to come but if you are not a Disney fan it is hard to understand why DCL is so much more expensive than the other cruiselines. Was never able to convince the family to come but just as well - we had a great time with our friends from last year's cruise. We called them "our cruise family". They made it very special. Who says you can't pick your family! I hope you and your DH have great DCL vacations!

This was a wonderful TR and great details, thank you for taking the time to share!

Thanks!

They'll put it in your room if you leave without it. Fun souvenier.

I had so much fun reading your TR, thanks so much for sharing your parents vow renewal. My husband & I wanted to do that & wondered what it would be like, it was beautiful & you are awesome daughters for doing this for them!

We took our first cruise on the Dream this past March & fell in love with it so we are going on the Fantasy June1, 2013 and can't wait!!! Had to go for longer time next time! Can't wait for more days at see and a differet itinerary other tha Nassau.

The water on CC was to cold for me in March so hoping it is much warmer the first of June. Was the water a good temp to get in for May? There weren't many adults in when we went in March. Thanks!!!

Was great temperature!!!

100_0792.jpg

water temperature was perfect!

100_0793.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise with us!!! I am sad it's over. As stated before, makes me more excited to leave (3 weeks :yay:) and experience this cruise!

Have a great trip!!! Good you aren't leaving this week - been rainy in Florida all week!

Thank you for such a great trip report. I have enjoyed reading and looking at all your lovely photos. I'm looking forward to reading your next trip report as I have got to wait until September 2013 for my next cruise.

There are a few universal truths to Disney vacations - 1 - you can never do all that there is to do and 2 - they are always worth the wait (and cost). Happy planning and thanks for reading!

I discovered yesterday that another TR I was following is no longer up. She was on the same cruise and had posted all the Navigators so I hadn't bothered going through my papers from the cruise.

Now, I'm scanning some stuff that you might like to see as well and then filing them back away as souveniers.

Here's the paper we got the first day that I wish I had read before yesterday!

concierge.jpg

I loved coming back to the room to find little notes from Remy and Palo. They give you invitations to your reserved meals (reminders) and thank you notes after.

Here's the inside of a Remy invitation:
remyinvite.jpg

And this thank you note came with a box of assorted truffles!
remythankyou.jpg

Remy was really memorable. A highlight for me. I'm glad I experienced it and want to do it again someday!

Another recommendation for everyone at any age is the Midship Detective Agency case. And if you are looking for a challenge - go for the Muppets case.

mds.jpg

This folds out to have a three section long map of the ship with locations for your clues (which for the Puppies and Stolen Paintings are the interactive art - for Muppets you have a few other places to go). The other side has the list of suspects and room for taking notes. I don't want to scan the otherside or I'll give away our clues! No cheating!

mds6.jpg

mds4.jpg

Your team will get a badge that you hold up to the art to make them active. And there is a round disc on the ground that you stand on.

mds2.jpg

mds3.jpg

I discovered yesterday that another TR I was following is no longer up. She was on the same cruise and had posted all the Navigators so I hadn't bothered going through my papers from the cruise.

Now, I'm scanning some stuff that you might like to see as well and then filing them back away as souveniers.

Here's the paper we got the first day that I wish I had read before yesterday!

concierge.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing this. I don't recall anyone posting it before.

Was this paper given to you in the folder when you first met concierge or was it in your cabin?

I have to admit, this is the first TR that I've followed from start to finish. Thanks for not giving too much info in each post, much easier to follow along, and the pictures were great.

Thank you so much for doing this trip report! I have loved reading along and although I am going to be on the Dream, I am now thinking that perhaps I will use the concierge lounge and sundeck more than I had planned on.

We also reserved a cabanna but went with SB.

Was this paper given to you in the folder when you first met concierge or was it in your cabin?

I can't remember but I think it may have been in the cabin on the first day. I kind of remember it being on the bed maybe? Not sure though. :confused3

Thank you so much for doing this trip report! I have loved reading along and although I am going to be on the Dream, I am now thinking that perhaps I will use the concierge lounge and sundeck more than I had planned on.

We also reserved a cabanna but went with SB.

Thanks for following along! That is great that you will have a cabana - that was my favorite part of the trip! It was so nice but now I am spoiled and will always want a cabana at Castaway Cay :goodvibes

Thanks so much for sharing this. I don't recall anyone posting it before.

I have to admit, this is the first TR that I've followed from start to finish. Thanks for not giving too much info in each post, much easier to follow along, and the pictures were great.

Honestly, I read this for the first time yesterday when I was cleaning up the papers from the trip. I just saw Sis has posted and sounds like she didn't read it or notice it on the cruise either! :)

One thing is that first day is such a whirlwind and concierge team are wonderful but it is a bit overwhelming all that you can schedule and all that you have booked and everything is new, that these papers they give you get a little lost. I wish I had read this while on the cruise, but oh well. Glad to help you by sharing it now.

And thanks for sticking with my TR - that's quite a compliment! Means a lot. Thanks for saying that!

Honestly, I read this for the first time yesterday when I was cleaning up the papers from the trip. I just saw Sis has posted and sounds like she didn't read it or notice it on the cruise either! :)

One thing is that first day is such a whirlwind and concierge team are wonderful but it is a bit overwhelming all that you can schedule and all that you have booked and everything is new, that these papers they give you get a little lost. I wish I had read this while on the cruise, but oh well. Glad to help you by sharing it now.

And thanks for sticking with my TR - that's quite a compliment! Means a lot. Thanks for saying that!

We've sailed concierge on the Wonder, but upgraded at the port both times. Since there's no lounge there we didn't get anything this detailed. Now we know to look for it when we sail on the Fantasy in January.

Remember that lobster ravioli from the first night in Enchanted Garden? We learned how to make it in the Anyone Can Cook class given by the chef of Remy and his team.

Here's the recipe card:
recipe1.jpg

recipe2.jpg

but remember Mom pointed out that you don't add the egg to the filling in step #3. That's an error in the recipe - don't all recipes have errors? I think they do it on purpose!

Thank you for posting this. I have loved reading it. Really loved finding someone from home;) Thank you for raising some things for me to think about for our vow renewal. I hope you do a trip report for your upcoming Panama Cruise.

:flower3:

So sad to see your trip and trip report come to an end. Makes me want to upgrade for our trip but with a new baby on the way I don't think we could afford another couple thousand. Loved your report though...definitely on my list of must do some day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter