Photos for renovated AB room at POR?

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by WL Lover, Feb 18, 2012.

1. WL Lover

WL Lover 12 Time Disneyer!!

Hi, my family and I are debating over staying at POR or POFQ, and we know that some AB rooms were recently renovated. So I was just wondering if anyone knew what the new rooms looked like and if they could show some pictures, that would help us to decide. Thanks!:goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

There are several at portorleans.org:

http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php#181211

and several others at allearsnet:

http://allears.net/acc/g_dxl.htm

4. WL Lover

WL Lover 12 Time Disneyer!!

Thank you!:)

5. ceecee

ceecee DIS Veteran

Okay, the photos are kind of rustic looking. I'm really having second thoughts about POR now. Shower curtains with fish???

6. 3LittlePirates

3LittlePirates Mouseketeer

I was so worried about the rustic look....I kept saying I am not sure I want a bed with trees as the headboard.....However, we LOVED Port Orleans!! It was a great resort!

7. Windsor Princesses

Windsor Princesses Mouseketeer

We just got back from POR in January and loved it, its not so much rustic as it is cottage feeling and I am not an outdoor person at all. If you liked the Princess and the Frog you can't help but fall in love with the room it has so many touches of Disney magic.

8. Mamato3Princes

Mamato3Princes Adventure is out there!

I just posted a bunch on the other thread but I'll post them here too. We just got back yesterday and we loved them. Would definitely stay again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. lttlmc3

lttlmc3 <font color=darkorchid>You can ship it. I'll still

WOW! Those are cute!

10. laura_<3

laura_<3 DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing. We're staying at POR for the first time in September and can't wait.

11. crusoe2

crusoe2 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting these. I'm especially glad to see the pictures of the air mattress. We have to travel with one of those so I'm glad to know that the newly refurbished rooms at Riverside will still accommodate one.

12. Dorothy22

Dorothy22 Earning My Ears

Yeah, kinda gross-looking. I definitely agree ...

13. digiMom

digiMom DIS Veteran

I think they're cute. Seriously considering staying here next time we go. Of course, my DH is a fisherman. He's not really into Disney, but this decor may "buffer" that. ;)

Thanks for showing the air mattress. My DS is too big for the murphy, but doesn't want to sleep with DD.

14. Mamato3Princes

I think it's cute too! The whole room just flows together. And my boys loved it! You're welcome! I looked around for pictures like the ones I took of the air mattress before we left on our trip and couldn't find any. I was worried it wouldn't fit... but it did. And so did our Britax B-Ready double stroller. So the rooms were roomy enough for us! :goodvibes

15. dawz1026

dawz1026 DIS Veteran

2 trundles now?

16. Mamato3Princes

No, just the Murphy bed.

17. luvprincess

luvprincess Earning My Ears

I think they are cute rooms also! :) definitly not gross-looking at all. I'm glad someone agrees with me. :thumbsup2 We will be staying here for are trip this Nov. I cannot wait! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

18. mfp

mfp Mouseketeer

I love the new AB rooms! We are a family of 5 and it is the cheapest option for us. I thought that the old AB rooms look blah though. So, I'm glad that they improved the look. I feel that the old ones were very rustric looking and the new ones have more of a cottage-like feel to them, which I am ok with. I'm also put off by the room at WL, they look really rustic too.

19. DisneyLindsay

DisneyLindsay Mouseketeer

Love the pics, thanks for sharing! Where you put the 2nd roll-a-way or air mattress, do you think it is big enough for a full size crib? we have rented one in the past, and I am wondering if it will fit nicely there?
    We are going in September for the first time at POR. I know in the CBR rooms I could fit it, this time around at a new resort I have no Idea.

20. mommykds

mommykds All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,

Thanks for posting the pictures, especially the air mattress. :goodvibes I have 3 kids who do not like sharing a bed.

21. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

definitely not gross-looking, just a different theme/feel to them! some people like that! i personally have requested an AB room for my february stay. i prefer them over the magnolia bend rooms, which to me look a bit stuffy, something you'd see in an old grandparent's house LOL. some people are into cottagey-rustic, others like the classier (?) feel to the mansions! it all depends on your personal taste! considering all the rooms are newly renovated i would definitely not say they are gross!