Photopass

YukiPhnx

The Minnie to my Mickey
If you don't already know, Hong Kong Disneyland now offers Photopass. Unfortunately, there is no information on their website.

I was in the park for Halloween so I bought the photopass card that included digital copies of all the pictures I took on that day.

I paid HK 398 for the card which included all pictures taken by a photopass photographer and ride photos. All the characters that appear in Fantasy Gardens have photopass photographers.

Like the photopass we both know and love in WDW and DLR, you can edit these photos on your account before you download them. They have lots of borders to choose from! You can also ask for magic shots such as Tinkerbell appearing in your palm.

Unlike the North American photopass, this card is only good for all the photos of the day you purchase it on and must be downloaded within 14days of purchase.

My pictures turned out great and I would definitely recommend it. The photographers are very eager to take pictures for you and I've seen some spend over 15minutes with one family! They also feel more professional than the ones in North America as they often gave me instructions such as lowering my chin or tilting my head.

I will be back on Nov.3 to share the other photo costs so you can make a comparison.

thanks for update :goodvibes, we will be definitely like to get it when we go next year... just use one in DLP two weeks ago and we found it really great... just shame its just for one day but I guess most guest are only visiting for 1 day...

Here are the pricing details.

HK 168- 1 digital download and 1 print (same image)
HK 130- additional digital download and print
HK 398- all digital download
HK1988- all digital download and 1 album(10 prints)

I would definitely recommend getting the "all digital download" package if you like photo pass.

Thanks so much for this info. Previously I had read that at HKDL they automatically put borders on the photopass photos and you couldn't' get them without the borders. From your description it sounds like that has changed, which is great news!

When you were at HKDL did you see the new Frozen show? I know HKDL announced something Frozen related would be coming soon, but I haven't seen any info. Also did you see Shellie Mae? I've been seeing merchandise photos but not any pics of a meet & greet.

Thanks again for this info and the great menu post. I'm taking my first trip to HKDL in January and am thankful for this up-to-date info.

On a side note, I recently listed to a Be Our Guest podcast with Yuki from Canada talking about HKDL - I'm guessing that was you! Thanks for that too!

Thanks for the info, the official website could do a better job explaining what all photos means. It's nice to know that I can save some money by getting just the downloads and skipping the prints that I'd normally have cluttering up my house.

Sorry for taking so long to respond! I was living in Beijing and China started blocking the DIS around the time of your posts!

Thanks so much for this info. Previously I had read that at HKDL they automatically put borders on the photopass photos and you couldn't' get them without the borders. From your description it sounds like that has changed, which is great news!

When you were at HKDL did you see the new Frozen show? I know HKDL announced something Frozen related would be coming soon, but I haven't seen any info. Also did you see Shellie Mae? I've been seeing merchandise photos but not any pics of a meet & greet.

Thanks again for this info and the great menu post. I'm taking my first trip to HKDL in January and am thankful for this up-to-date info.

On a side note, I recently listed to a Be Our Guest podcast with Yuki from Canada talking about HKDL - I'm guessing that was you! Thanks for that too!

I'm glad I could help! I hope you had a wonderful trip. And yes, that was me! Haha, I feel like a mini-celebrity, thanks!

Thanks for the info, the official website could do a better job explaining what all photos means. It's nice to know that I can save some money by getting just the downloads and skipping the prints that I'd normally have cluttering up my house.

I'm so glad I could help!

Thank you was looking for info about photo pass. This is very helpful :)

You're very welcome!

I just got back from HKDL. First I decided not to get the Photopass because I could only see photographers with the characters in the afternoon, thinking I might not be able to take full advantage of the pass. HK was just too hot and humid to stay outdoor for long. Later on the second day of visit, I took pics with Judy/Nick and Chip/Dale and decided to get the Photopass anyhow.

You can use the Photopass card to unlock three individual photo passes that the photographers use to scan when taking pics. We got two other ones with pics at the Enchanted Garden dinner buffet with the characters and ride photos on Space Mountain and Winnie the Pooh. We were surprised to be able to unlock the character buffet Photopass. I thought that was separate. Not sure if it was a glitch or they had changed to a new system. I am glad to give it a try and thrilled to access all the pics. It's definitely worth the price for me now!

Hope this helps! Have fun planning!!

Hi All,

I just read the terms and conditions available in the HKDL Photopass App. Effective July 6, 2016, the Photopass+ card can be used for 3 consecutive days (the day it is purchased is the first day) up to 3 Photopass cards. Please note that once you unlock a Photopass card, you cannot use that particular card to scan more pics. It also states that the pics on the Photopass cards (for scanning) are now available for 30 days. Photos you unlocked and purchased will be available for 365 days for sharing and downloading. You can download the app beforehand since terms and conditions may change without notice.

Too bad I didn't know about the changes beforehand. Otherwise I would have got two days of pics instead of only one day. I thought it was only valid for one day.

Hope this helps!

Does anyone know what the rate is for the photopass CD? Are there many photo spots?

I think it was about $70 US. There weren't a lot of spots when we were there in May but there may be more when it's more crowded. They didn't have Photopass spots on Main Street. Just with a few of the characters in fantasyland. And there aren't many rides that have photos.

Does anyone know what the rate is for the photopass CD? Are there many photo spots?

It is not a CD but an online access of your pictures. You have 30 days to claim your pictures and 365 days to download them.

When I was there in August, we noticed that the photographers were not out in the morning. We didn't see them with the characters either. We saw them out in the afternoon with the characters. It's better to focus on the rides in the morning then taking pictures later on.

Ride photos are only available at Space Mountain and the Pooh ride.

Hope this helps! Have fun planning!!

Hi All,

I just read the terms and conditions available in the HKDL Photopass App. Effective July 6, 2016, the Photopass+ card can be used for 3 consecutive days (the day it is purchased is the first day) up to 3 Photopass cards. Please note that once you unlock a Photopass card, you cannot use that particular card to scan more pics. It also states that the pics on the Photopass cards (for scanning) are now available for 30 days. Photos you unlocked and purchased will be available for 365 days for sharing and downloading. You can download the app beforehand since terms and conditions may change without notice.

Too bad I didn't know about the changes beforehand. Otherwise I would have got two days of pics instead of only one day. I thought it was only valid for one day.

Hope this helps!

I am a little bit confused about that. I was in contact with a CM by E-Mail a few weeks ago, who told me that the Photopass is only valid for one day. We visit HKDL in 4 weeks and it would be so great to get all photos from our 2 days at the park on one card. How about the photos taken during the dinner at Chef Mickey's at the Hollywood Hotel. Are these photos also included in the Photopass+ or do I have to pay them seperatly? We arrive in the afternoon, where we will not visit the park, but want to have dinner at the hotel, so I would purchase the Photopass+ in the store in the hotel, when this is possible...

I am a little bit confused about that. I was in contact with a CM by E-Mail a few weeks ago, who told me that the Photopass is only valid for one day. We visit HKDL in 4 weeks and it would be so great to get all photos from our 2 days at the park on one card. How about the photos taken during the dinner at Chef Mickey's at the Hollywood Hotel. Are these photos also included in the Photopass+ or do I have to pay them seperatly? We arrive in the afternoon, where we will not visit the park, but want to have dinner at the hotel, so I would purchase the Photopass+ in the store in the hotel, when this is possible...

I was told by the CM at one of the station selling photopass that the photopass+ allows me to unlock three photopass card over three days of use. This info contradicted with what I had researched. Otherwise I would have bought the card on our first day of visit. I got the updated info via the Photopass app. My suggestions is to download the HKDL photopass app and read the fine prints. Policies can change without notice. Technically photos at the character meal are not included. However, we were able to unlock the photopass card at Enchanted Garden. It could be a glitch and should not be considered a regular inclusion.

To view the supplemental terms and conditions:
1. downloand the HKDL Photopass App
2. Click on "Me" (far bottom right)
3. Click on "About"
4. Click on the bottom link to the Supplemental Terms and Conditions (read and you will see the details there)

This info is not on the HKDL site. It is on the HKDL Photopass site and the App.

Here is the link to the HKDL photopass site.
https://www.disneyphotopass.com.hk/terms.html

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much AngelDisney for the reply. That helps me very much. We will purchase the Photopass then on the afternoon when we arrive...

Thank you very much AngelDisney for the reply. That helps me very much. We will purchase the Photopass then on the afternoon when we arrive...

You are welcome! Just remember to ask about the details before you buy the photopass+ in case they have changed their terms without notice. Have a magical trip!

One question again: Does anyone know, what kind of PhotoPass spots and characters there are during a normal Halloween day during the week? They canceled both parades, so I am a little bit afraid that there will be less characters and PP opportunities...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!