Photopass+

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Linda T., Mar 28, 2013.

1. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

I have seen posts from people outside the US getting it. I believe the only limitation is that while the price of photopass plus includes domestic shipping, it does not include international shipping.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thestevied

thestevied DIS Veteran

Yeah, I bought it a few months ago and I live in England. It arrived in about 10 days. The cd with the voucher.

4. ronfin

ronfin Mouseketeer

You DO NOT have to order PhotoPass+ if you still want it and you're only a day or two away from your trip. I purchased mine over the phone a day before I left. Soon as I got to the Magic Kingdom I went and spoke to someone about it, and they were able to look-up my info on my account. I didn't have a CD or voucher. I had just called a Disney agent the night before about something related to my online checkin, and she asked me if I wanted to purchase it. Don't worry about the stuff not coming in the mail if it doesn't. As long as it's attached to your Disney account they can look it up and give you the CD and PhotoPass card with lanyard at the MK.

5. LumosQ102

LumosQ102 How many days left on the countdown?

I'm based in the UK and have purchased it twice now. Give it plenty of time to ship, just in case of Royal Mail being sketchy, but you can purchase.

I would highly recommend it. Thanks to PP+ I have multiple pictures from the rides, where we would normally buy one or two a trip. We must have 10 shots from ToT alone. Any ride where they take a picture you can have added to your card.

We are big fans of Tusker House, and getting the picture there (electronically and hard copy) was a great bonus. We would have bought it regardless, so it really did save us money.

There are only the 2 of us so having us both in the shot is great. We ended up with 603+ pictures including the multiple frames etc. Great value! :wizard:

6. pennygirlj

pennygirlj Earning My Ears

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but is there any way to see what the pictures look like first and then order the photopass+? I like how with the regular photopass I can see if any of the pictures look good before I order them. I dont want to spend all of this money if the pictures come out bad. But seeing that they put the pictures from the rides makes me want it.

7. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

Regular photopass is refundable if you don't like/want the photos.

Photopass Plus is not refundable.

If you don't pre purchase a photopass CD and then decide you want it, you have to pay full price.

8. madatmama

madatmama Mouseketeer

I have seen mention in the last few days that prints at meals are no longer part of photo pass plus, only digital copies. I already bought it for my November trip before they made the change. Does anyone have more info on this? Will they honor what they sold me or am I just out of luck?

9. ssdeverell

ssdeverell DIS Veteran

I ordered my PP+ the other day. I did not realize there was a voucher that needed to be redeemed until now. We will arrive early evening and have an ADR at Chef Mickey's. We will not be going to a park that day. Where would be the best place to redeem it? I am assuming we would need to do so before the dinner in order to get the pictures.

Oh, and that's a bummer if the prints are no longer included.

Thanks,

10. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

I have not heard or read that, although there have been a lot of changes recently. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will come along soon.

You can get the photopass Plus card at Chef Mickey's.

11. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

This is just another addition to the question on where you can get your photopass+ card...Can we pick them up at the resorts??

12. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

Team Mickey at Downtown Disney
    M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort
    Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort

13. 1Grumpy9

1Grumpy9 DIS Veteran

Thank you!! I should be able to get our card when we are hitting up DTD for lunch before we go to MVMCP.

14. ssdeverell

ssdeverell DIS Veteran

Really? I did not see that as one of the options on the list, so that is great news. Do I just give it to the Photopass person there at the restaurant taking the pictures?

Thanks!

15. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

I've been looking around, but can only find the DTD or resort locations where you can exchange your voucher for the card. Is there any place inside Hollywood Studios to exchange your voucher for the actual card? That's where we headed first and I'd love to get it there if possible. Thanks!

16. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

Yes. Each of the 4 parks has photopass / camera centers. It is after you walk through the gates on the right. I think it's called Cover Story at DHS.

17. foxxxy83

foxxxy83 DIS Veteran

Sorry if this sounds like the silliest question like EVER but do you give you PhotoPass+ card to CM just before you get on the ride or what?? Just wondering how they know to take your pic on the ride! Am a COMPLETE newbie where PhotoPass and rides are concerned! Lol! TIA :)

18. mrsclark

mrsclark Mouseketeer

You keep your pp+ card with you. After the ride is over, you go to the photo viewing area at the end where all ride photos are shown. You find the photo with you in it. You memorize or write down the photo number on that photo. You walk over to the ride photo desk (where they sell the photos). You tell them your number and then hand them your pp+ card. They then add the image to your card.

19. foxxxy83

foxxxy83 DIS Veteran

Cool, thanks! :)

20. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Every ride vehicle is photographed during the rides that offer photos. When the ride is over there's a spot where the pictures are displayed with numbers on them and guests who want to purchase their picture write down the number and take it to the cashier. If you have the PP+ card you just show that to the cashier along with the number.

21. thepoohguy

thepoohguy Mouseketeer

I got my photopass+ pre order in the mail yesterday. This may seem like a silly question as well, but I just want to make sure I do this correctly. It says I need to take the voucher with me. Is the voucher just the piece of paper taped to the cd case?

I haven't opened it yet, so what's in the CD case? A CD with the stock photos?

Thanks.