Photopass sharing - editing Photopass photos is time consuming and tedious??

minnymi

Earning My Ears
I joined a Photopass group during Easter '08 and had serious problem trying to edit my Photopass pictures. We had a group of 7 members. We started out having 350 pictures originally and by the time we edited our pictures we had over 1700 pictures. It was so slow trying to edit one picture. It would take 20 minutes to load all the pictures from the account since my pictures were at the end, then another 15-20 min to select my pictures, then another 15 min to save the picture. Sometimes in the middle of all this it would have error message, time out, kick me out of my account, etc... Then the whole process starts over again. I want to see if anyone experiences the same problem as me. It wasn't worth the money that I saved for all the time I wasted trying to edit my pictures. Is it better to join a Photopass group that only has 3 or 4 members to save time when editing? I wonder if Photopass had problems during Easter... whether their servers crashed or having performance issues? Let me know if you experience this, how many in your group, how many pictures in total and which months you edited your pictures. Thanks as I'm trying to decide whether to join a Phopass group for my upcoming trip.

My experience has not been as bad as yours, and I think I've done this 5-6 times now (basically every trip since they offered Photopass). I have encountered the long wait to have the pictures initially load, and sometimes have had almost 2000 pictures with mine at the end. I'd just bring up the pictures loading, and then go do something else for a while. Once I got to my pictures, it seemed to take perhaps a minute to edit and save the copy, and I found that the editing time was the same whether there were 10 or 1000 pics on the account. I would just click the button for next photo to bring up the next one for editing after doing one, and it would load pretty quickly. Given the error messages you said you encountered, I think it was a bad or very slow internet connection somehow. Did you ever try to connect from somewhere else (maybe at work) and see if it was any better?

I do think some of the groups get too large to manage, and have said before that I like to limit to 5-6.

Ours was slow loading too. I was thankful I wasn't one of the last to upload & edit pics. I did notice that it was 10X better if you viewed the pics from park to park instead of all at once. Beings there are less pics in the park folders it loaded a little bit faster!

I didn't bother editing mine on the Disney site. I didn't want any of the extra stuff so I just waited for my pics and downloaded them on to photobucket and now I can edit without issue.

While we were not in any photopass groups, we did end up with 5 discs worth of pictures by the time we were done editing. The best trick I found was to add a group of pictures to your favorties (20 to 50 pictures). As you edit the picture in the my favorite section, the edited picture gets saved under the all/theme park sections, and not in the favorite section. Once you are done editing the first picture in the favorite section, remove it from the favorite section and work on the next one. The time consuming part seems to be reloading all of the thumbnails after each edited picture gets added to the list. By working out of the favorite section, you only have to reload all of the thumbnails when you need to add more pictures to your favorites.

I had tried to upload my pictures from work, and at home. Same result... slow. I had my sister and my girlfriend tried loading it at their work too and it was slow also. I logged into my girlfriend's account to load and edit her pictures and it was very fast since she was the only user and only had about 70 pics. Someone is correct, I think the edit time is not too bad but the loading time is slow especially when you have over 1000 pics. Also may be the fact that we had more than one users logging in to edit at the same time, that might cause the loading to be literal at a standstill. Did you guys have a specific date set aside for each user to do her editing or anybody can log in anytime to edit?

I had tried to upload my pictures from work, and at home. Same result... slow. I had my sister and my girlfriend tried loading it at their work too and it was slow also. I logged into my girlfriend's account to load and edit her pictures and it was very fast since she was the only user and only had about 70 pics. Someone is correct, I think the edit time is not too bad but the loading time is slow especially when you have over 1000 pics. Also may be the fact that we had more than one users logging in to edit at the same time, that might cause the loading to be literal at a standstill. Did you guys have a specific date set aside for each user to do her editing or anybody can log in anytime to edit?

I know there were multiple people editing at the same time while I was doing mine because the total picture count would go up by more than 1 after I did my edit. Given that editing does take some time, I don't see that it would work to assign someone a span of a couple of days to do their editing.

I don't have an online account with pictures to work with right now, but I recall that after the initial load of all the thumbnail photos, I didn't have any trouble navigating from one of my photos to the next because I'd just use the "next" button to get to my next one to be edited. I think my next photo came up quickly even if the thumbnails below were still loading, so I just didn't pay attention to the thumbnails once I was working on my pics. I'd say it probably took me about a minute to edit and save each photo. And I've ended up with 500 pictures from a trip before, so it may have taken me up to 6 hours to do those at 1 minute a photo given that I average 2 edited copies per original photo. There's no way I could have ever created the edited copies if it was taking me 10-15 minutes per photo!

I've found this same problem. Unfortunately it is the downside to getting it really cheap. Everything comes at a cost!!

I am really glad I read this.

First - I am really frustrated that I can get my pre-ordered CD because I did not know that I did not recieve a promotion code via e-mail - just an order. I emailed photopass last week about my problems and they still have not responded - so I just e-mailed again.

I am constantly being logged off their site evey other time I try to click a button and now I just looked and after all the time I spent adding borders - they are all in 5 X 7 all 319 of them!

The photopass idea is a good one - when you stop and take the pictures. And great for the character photos - but their website is completely UNFRIENDLY and they take your $100 or a pre-paid CD - but don't tell you how to get it.

And my pictures expire today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter