Photopass question

can'twaittobewarm

Earning My Ears
Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post this question; please move it to a more appropriate spot, if necessary. We have been approached by my husband's co-worker whose family will be at Dinsey around the same time as us (arriving ahead and leaving ahead, but some overlap) about sharing the cost of a photopass. Is this something that can be done...photopasses being shared between families...is it something you are allowed to do? I have been reading up on photopasses a bit, as we have never had one before, but I wasn't sure if/how this sharing of a photopass would/could work and if anyone has ever shared their photopass with another family. Thanks!

Photopass shares are fairly common. Even between strangers. I'd say you are lucky you found somone who you can physically hand the cd to.

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post this question; please move it to a more appropriate spot, if necessary. We have been approached by my husband's co-worker whose family will be at Dinsey around the same time as us (arriving ahead and leaving ahead, but some overlap) about sharing the cost of a photopass. Is this something that can be done...photopasses being shared between families...is it something you are allowed to do? I have been reading up on photopasses a bit, as we have never had one before, but I wasn't sure if/how this sharing of a photopass would/could work and if anyone has ever shared their photopass with another family. Thanks!

I did one last year with a few other people that I met on here. One of you should take the lead and pre order the cd(it's only $99 right now). If your husband's co-worker is leaving first, they should preorder so that when they get home, they can upload and edit their photos. Once they upload their photo's they have 30 days to edit them. That means, YOU would have up to the 30th day to upload and edit yours as well. When one of you guys sets up the photopass account to order the cd, make the username and password something that you can share with the other. You will need it to upload your photos and be able to edit them as well. Whoever sets up the account will need to tell the other person the deadline date also. I found a few people on here and was able to get in for a good price. The lady who did it all copied the cd for the rest of us. It worked out well. You can also pay$20 more and order an additional cd that way you will have an original copy too. The only downfall to photopass sharing is that your photo's PLUS the co-workers photo's will be on the cd. That didn't bother me as I copied only mine onto my computer. Last year(when I did the share) was the first time my family purchased a photopass. You can take as many photo's in the park as you like. Take some of you and your spouse or just you with the kids. We did as many as we could since we weren't paying that much for the cd in the end..ha ha.. Anyway, if you trust the co-worker, I say why not spend $50 instead of $100. If i'm incorrect on any of this information i'm sure someone will correct me. I can say I will never do a photopass alone again!

I did one last year with a few other people that I met on here. One of you should take the lead and pre order the cd(it's only $99 right now). If your husband's co-worker is leaving first, they should preorder so that when they get home, they can upload and edit their photos. Once they upload their photo's they have 30 days to edit them. That means, YOU would have up to the 30th day to upload and edit yours as well. When one of you guys sets up the photopass account to order the cd, make the username and password something that you can share with the other. You will need it to upload your photos and be able to edit them as well. Whoever sets up the account will need to tell the other person the deadline date also. I found a few people on here and was able to get in for a good price. The lady who did it all copied the cd for the rest of us. It worked out well. You can also pay$20 more and order an additional cd that way you will have an original copy too. The only downfall to photopass sharing is that your photo's PLUS the co-workers photo's will be on the cd. That didn't bother me as I copied only mine onto my computer. Last year(when I did the share) was the first time my family purchased a photopass. You can take as many photo's in the park as you like. Take some of you and your spouse or just you with the kids. We did as many as we could since we weren't paying that much for the cd in the end..ha ha.. Anyway, if you trust the co-worker, I say why not spend $50 instead of $100. If i'm incorrect on any of this information i'm sure someone will correct me. I can say I will never do a photopass alone again!

We've split a photopass pre-ordered cd on our last 2 grand gatherings (1st with a group of friends and the 2nd with my in-laws). Everything you posted is correct - the key is the 30 days after the first photopass card is entered into the account you can't add or edit anymore, if your co-worker is coming back before you then ask them to wait until you return to enter all the cards at once so you can both have the 30 days allotted to do your edits.
Another thing I didn't see mentioned is when we did this in 08 we were only allowed to have up to 6 photopass cards per account - this worked out to 1 per family the first time and 2 per family the 2nd time (as in mom & dad could each get a card) - if the limit is still 6 cards per account make sure that you don't have more than that - if someone forgets their card and gets a new one on one day or if someone wants to give a card to every member of their family - this may not work for you.

Last year(when I did the share) was the first time my family purchased a photopass. You can take as many photo's in the park as you like. Take some of you and your spouse or just you with the kids. We did as many as we could since we weren't paying that much for the cd in the end..ha ha.. Anyway, if you trust the co-worker, I say why not spend $50 instead of $100. If i'm incorrect on any of this information i'm sure someone will correct me. I can say I will never do a photopass alone again!

Just want to clarify that I think you mean the first time you purchased a Photopass CD ??? Photopass is the service they they offer and there is no charge for it. You will get a Free Photopass card when you have photos taken and can get additional cards as needed. You do not need to make any purchases to use Photopass.

When you get home and view your photos you can decide if you want to purchase any of the individual photos or have them all put on a CD. Or you can preorder the CD and then have all the photos put on there when you return.

I'm trying to think about that limit. I've never heard anything about that before. I know I entered at least 5 on mine from my last trip and am trying to get one more on (technical difficulty). If you buy the picture packages at character dining locations, you get a Photopass code. You also get EVNT Photopass cards if you do things like the MNSSHP. We also got a card with our Beach Club photo session. If you think this is going to be an issue, you can have them combine your cards onto one at the park (and select resorts) before you leave.

One thing you should know (relating back to my technical difficulty) is that you CANNOT view your photos on separate accounts if you want to combine them onto one CD. I believe my cousin viewed hers on her own account and now I am having problems adding that card to mine to get a CD of our Grand Gathering photos. It's on my To Do list to call them on Tuesday to see if I can get around that.

I hadn't heard about the limit. I looked on the stitchkingdom site that has great information on Photopass and it says there is no limit:
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

Part of the genius of the system is that there is no limit to how many cards you can have and combine at a later time. That means if your group separates, each group can have its own card combined with everyone else's online later on. Also, should you forget the card in the room or lose it (glad you wrote the number down now?), you can ask for a new card. Speaking from personal experience, sometimes it's easier to just ask for a new card than dig through a deep and over-stuffed cargo pants pocket.

Take pictures of the backs of your photopass cards, and you'll always have the numbers to refer back to.

DH also writes our cell phone number on the front of ours, since it's theoretically fairly easy to mix up cards at the photographer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter