Photopass photographers at resorts

FosterLovesMickey

Ready for Disney......
I read somewhere that several of the deluxe resorts have PP photographers in the lobbies now... Is this information still accurate? And, if so, is it possible if you're going to AKL for dinner (for example) to have the PP snap a few photos at the lodge or are these only for guests of the given resort?

Thanks!!

I don't believe there are Photopass photographers just hanging out at the resorts like they do in the parks. I do believe that you can schedule, and pay dearly for, a private photo session at a couple of the deluxe resorts.

This link has the details.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2695075

Thanks... I finally found where I read that previously (http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm). Thanks for advising that it may no longer be accurate that the resorts have PP on site. Thanks!!

Excerpt from link above, for reference:

PhotoPass is also available at select dining locations. If you purchase the photos offered tableside, they can add your pictures to your Disney's PhotoPass account. (Note: Tableside photo purchase is required to add dining photos to your Disney's PhotoPass ID.)

Cinderella's Royal Table at Magic Kingdom (photos included with meal price)
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus, Norway in Epcot (photos included with meal price)
Tusker House at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney's Polynesian Resort
'Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort
Mickey's Backyard Barbecue and the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue Dinner show at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Resorts, such as the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, Beach Club, and Animal Kingdom Lodge, have PhotoPass photographers in their lobbies all the time now.​

It is accurate that there are PP at the restaurants listed. But our last 3 trips we have eaten at GF and Poly and have never seen a PP photographer in the lobby. In 'Ohana, yes.

It is accurate that there are PP at the restaurants listed. But our last 3 trips we have eaten at GF and Poly and have never seen a PP photographer in the lobby. In 'Ohana, yes.

Thanks! This was the only thing that I've seen indicating that they might be - so I figured best to check with the experts! I appreciate you taking the time to reply!!

I know that 2 years ago we hired a PP photographer at AKL for 30 minutes. They had a desk in the lobby. It was a great experience, and we got tons of family photos. We knew we were doing this, so it was our annual family photos, and we left wit the disk of all our photos.

The list above sound like the locations for the experience we had. They are not there to just snap photos, but have appointments the meet up with, and can wander anywhere in the resort property.

I know that 2 years ago we hired a PP photographer at AKL for 30 minutes. They had a desk in the lobby. It was a great experience, and we got tons of family photos. We knew we were doing this, so it was our annual family photos, and we left wit the disk of all our photos.

The list above sound like the locations for the experience we had. They are not there to just snap photos, but have appointments the meet up with, and can wander anywhere in the resort property.

Thank you for replying!!

We got pictures taken in the AKL and GF lobbies last month, free of charge and no appointments needed. I don't know if it was just for Christmas but the photo pass photographers were there! Oh and they don't care if you are a hotel guest or not.

It might have been a Christmas thing; there were photopass photographers at the GF, AKL, and WL lobbies when we were there December 2010. I don't remember seeing any in September 2011 though.

I had seen the same thing mentioned on allears and as I've got the Photopass+ was hoping to be able to get some nice family photos after dinners of us all dresses up in akl, poly, gf.

It seems like it might just be at certain times of year from the previous replies, im going in June so will have to keep my fingers crossed that they might be there at that time. :)

If not does anyone know how much the planned sessions cost to do? Thanks.

I had seen the same thing mentioned on allears and as I've got the Photopass+ was hoping to be able to get some nice family photos after dinners of us all dresses up in akl, poly, gf.

It seems like it might just be at certain times of year from the previous replies, im going in June so will have to keep my fingers crossed that they might be there at that time. :)

If not does anyone know how much the planned sessions cost to do? Thanks.

Someone posted a link, earlier in the thread, that has some information. Maybe that will help?

thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter