• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass + or really memory maker

lillykat

DIS Veteran
Understand that photopass+ has been replaced by the memory maker. We booked a while back in Nov and adjusted in January when the discount came out.

I am trying to figure out what I have. Our invoice says photopass plus in the list of included package items. My father said they told him it was $158(scratching head). So will I really get photopass plus or just the memory maker? If it is the memory maker how do I add it to my MDE account.

I am on the fence bc I would like the CD of our photos. I see people on here mention adding the cd is $30 but I only see it online for $169.

Understand that photopass+ has been replaced by the memory maker. We booked a while back in Nov and adjusted in January when the discount came out. I am trying to figure out what I have. Our invoice says photopass plus in the list of included package items. My father said they told him it was $158(scratching head). So will I really get photopass plus or just the memory maker? If it is the memory maker how do I add it to my MDE account. I am on the fence bc I would like the CD of our photos. I see people on here mention adding the cd is $30 but I only see it online for $169.

I'm in the same boat. I contacted Disney and was told if you bought PhotoPass+ then that's what they honor.

We also have photopass + and will use it. I am not switching to memory maker. .

Ditto. I considered it for a few days but decided against it. I can handle MB glitches with doors not opening or FP+ disappearing. But losing pictures from out first Disney vacation? No way!

Lol see I didn't do it my father set up the trip for all of us. He didn't pay for anything other than the deposit, it was added to our reservation. Moneymaker wasn't offered when he booked the trip.

Memory maker is 149, pp+ is 158 due to sales tax so I'm guessing PhotoPass+. You'll truly know when you get your prearrival documents. If you have a voucher for pp+ that's what you got and you will need to redeem that in parks since it isn't tied to your magic bands at all

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Memory maker is 149, pp+ is 158 due to sales tax so I'm guessing PhotoPass+. You'll truly know when you get your prearrival documents. If you have a voucher for pp+ that's what you got and you will need to redeem that in parks since it isn't tied to your magic bands at all Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

See I am deciding if I want the Photopass plus. We did it last trip. We are going with family and I really don't want to carry the card around. Plus my parents might take my kids separately and we want those photos so the magic bands would be easier. If we do the photopass plus I assume they still give the card like they did in the past to put everything on. I take it we can't share photos as you can with the magic maker?

Is the added cd where you can put your photos on to the magic maker $30 or magic maker has no option to purchase the cd. I see people say that here but don't see it on the site. I could care less about the stock photo cd. I never use them in any of our trips. I do like the cd of our photos....but the convenience of the bands are nice.

If you have PP+, you can still get pictures taken by Disney photographers using one of their photo cards that they hand out, and you can add them to your account. You only have to have the PP+ card to get ride photos and restaurant photos added. So if you split up, send the PP+ card with those who are likely to ride rides with photos, and if the other group want to get a photo just get the generic card from the photographer and link it to your PP account online.

If you have PP+, you can still get pictures taken by Disney photographers using one of their photo cards that they hand out, and you can add them to your account. You only have to have the PP+ card to get ride photos and restaurant photos added. So if you split up, send the PP+ card with those who are likely to ride rides with photos, and if the other group want to get a photo just get the generic card from the photographer and link it to your PP account online.

Thanks but that won't work bc then we won't be able to get our photos (my older one gets bad motion sickness so my parents take her on other rides while we take the other. I don't want to chase around getting them later. My parents would just skip them but my DH and I will want them. Think we are better with magic maker. As that was an issue last trip. Plus DH and parents don't want to be bothered with the card since they have bands...lol.

In memory maker, can you add borders or other add-on's to your pics like you can in regular photo pass?

Thanks but that won't work bc then we won't be able to get our photos (my older one gets bad motion sickness so my parents take her on other rides while we take the other. I don't want to chase around getting them later. My parents would just skip them but my DH and I will want them. Think we are better with magic maker. As that was an issue last trip. Plus DH and parents don't want to be bothered with the card since they have bands...lol.

I too have the PP+ for my upcoming trip, I read an earlier thread today, where someone had PP+ and was able to use both the pp card and MB's. It sounds like (if I understand correctly) that once you use the voucher and activate the pp card you are then able to have the ease of using the MB, or use the card.

You may not have a choice here with either one. I haven't used Memory Maker, but in the FAQ, it states that the magic band with the Memory Maker entitlement needs to visit the photo sales center at the attraction to add the photo to their account.

I have been using Photopass+ for the last two weeks and had to do essentially the same thing with the card. The card was easier to hand to others in my travelling party so they could go get their pictures. I would've been less comfortable giving them my magic band with my park ticket on it. Plus, everyone else was able to use their magic bands to get standard photopass photographer pictures and then I could see them in my photopass albums. (after they made sure to give me permission to view and order them. Note: we had to change this setting on the website. We couldn't figure out how to do it in the app.)

I have seen posts from people saying that anyone linked to their MM was able to use their MB to claim ride photos. I think people are getting contradictory information when calling Disney with MM questions. I have been looking for posts from people who are just back and used MM. (I booked with PP+ but switched to MM. My MM number/confirmation show on the Reservations list when I log into MDE.)

I have seen posts from people saying that anyone linked to their MM was able to use their MB to claim ride photos. I think people are getting contradictory information when calling Disney with MM questions. I have been looking for posts from people who are just back and used MM. (I booked with PP+ but switched to MM. My MM number/confirmation show on the Reservations list when I log into MDE.)

Anyone in the memory maker traveling party can COLLECT photos (including ride photos)

Only the Memory Maker guest can download photos.

Can you only use MM with a magicband or do you get a card as well?

Reason I'm asking that that we are staying at a SeaWorld hotel in September for a few days before moving to a Disney Resort and we are planning to go to the first MNSSHP (hopefully the dates will be roughly the same as this year) but we will not have the magicbands as we don't check into the Disney Resort until later that week.... Can you still use MM without them, and then what will happen to the photos when we get the magicbands....

Thanks!

Can you only use MM with a magicband or do you get a card as well? Reason I'm asking that that we are staying at a SeaWorld hotel in September for a few days before moving to a Disney Resort and we are planning to go to the first MNSSHP (hopefully the dates will be roughly the same as this year) but we will not have the magicbands as we don't check into the Disney Resort until later that week.... Can you still use MM without them, and then what will happen to the photos when we get the magicbands.... Thanks!

Functionally, a MagicBand is just a PhotoPass card you wear on your wrist. They're interchangeable.

Anyone in the memory maker traveling party can COLLECT photos (including ride photos) Only the Memory Maker guest can download photos. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So if I have photopass plus we cannot do that...but if I have magic maker anyone I travel with can add the pictures to their band.

So if I have photopass plus we cannot do that...but if I have magic maker anyone I travel with can add the pictures to their band.

Anyone can add with PhotoPass+ too, you just need to get a card from a photographer and add it to your PP+ account online later.

Anyone can add with PhotoPass+ too, you just need to get a card from a photographer and add it to your PP+ account online later.

Yes but I was thinking ride photos....I see conflicting info here...some say they got them only with magic maker with them, others say anyone in their party could add ride photos.

So Memory Maker and regular Photopass (not plus) is added to the Magic Bands while those redeeming PP+ already purchased before the change have to collect and use the card? It's not an issue for us as there are two of us so we do everything together, but I am wondering how it works and if there is an option to get PP+ activated to MB's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter