Photopass cd question

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Peace Mickey Lovers, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Peace Mickey Lovers

Peace Mickey Lovers Mouseketeer

I was thinking of ordering a photpass for our family reunion trip. Im not sure how it works. If I preorder it how does it work ? Are you able to order all the pictures and have them sent to you or do you have to print them yourself?
    Thanks
    Lisa

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MickeyHereWeCome!

MickeyHereWeCome! DIS Veteran

When you pre-order, you must do so before you leave for your trip. They will send you a code that you will use to order the CD after your trip.

Once you are at Disney, have as many pictures taken as possible! When you return home, go through the ordering process again, but type in your code.

This will get you a CD filled with all of your pictures, along with a photography release, allowing you to print the pictures as you desire. You do not get any physical photos...just the CD. You can then use your CD to get prints from nearby stores or print them from home.

4. jmartinez1895

jmartinez1895 DIS Veteran

We always prebuy the CD and love it. We never got code when we bought it. We created an account on the website and bought the cd. When we returned home we signed into the account and entered our photo pass card numbers and then checked out. Once the cd came we ordered our prints from walmart because they ahd a sale at the time.
    OT- you can enter in more than one photo pass card and because you are on a family reunion I assume that some of you may split up and do different things. Just make sure that each group has a card and that you get hte numbers and then you will have all of the photos. Also be sure to text the numbers to yourself or write them down on something in your room, that way if your card gets lost you can still have your photos.

5. PennyInPink

PennyInPink Mouseketeer

How long did it take to get the CD?

6. MickeyHereWeCome!

MickeyHereWeCome! DIS Veteran

We just got ours. It took exactly a week, with regular shipping.

7. baseballmickey

baseballmickey DDC #644

We preordered photopass+ for our family reunion trip a couple of weeks ago, and I just entered the last photopass card on my account yesterday. Took a while to track them all down. I am now going through the pics and adding borders to them all and saving them "as copies" so I will have both a clean print and a bordered one. On a few of the pictures, I also did some cropping and also saved these as copies.

Another good thing to know is that photopass will default to giving you 4X6 size pictures on your CD. You can save your pics as 5x7s before ordering to get the slightly better resolution. Less chance of getting a fuzzy print if you want to print one out larger than 4x6.

8. jenr812

jenr812 <font color=deeppink>I'm wondering how outta hand

Thanks for the tip on the sizing.

9. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

I tried changing the sizing and it shifts the borders :P Ah well, I typically only do 4 x 6s LOL

10. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

You save the photo as the size you want then add the border.

11. angierae

angierae DIS Veteran

This last trip I didn't even do a CD - once I finished editing, I was able to just download the photos. Then I had them immediately.

12. VroomVroomLightning

VroomVroomLightning DIS Veteran

So let's say we ordered the photopass for the pre-buy discount the day we got to Disney World, but before we took our first picture. Would this still work out? OR do we need to do it sooner than that?

13. Tinkerbell1013

Tinkerbell1013 Can't get enough of that Mouse!

We will be going to the park, then on the Disney Dream for a cruise, then back to the park. Can I get all these pictures on the CD or is that not possible?

14. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Not the cruise, but for other parts of the park trip, yes.

15. erincon23

erincon23 <font color=blue>Everyone must have gotten a life

Yes, that will work.

16. Fueledbycoffee

Fueledbycoffee Mouseketeer

Just to clarify... Just make sure you purchase the pre-buy before you upload/enter your 1st code.

17. Fueledbycoffee

Fueledbycoffee Mouseketeer

Reminder: Don't let the any of the other members add their codes to their own accounts. Photopass cards can only be entered once. I've read where different families entered the cards into different accounts and the had to buy multiple CDs.

Also, you can order multiple copies of the CD when you are done so Grandma can have her own & Sister in Law Sally can too.

18. momtoamulan

momtoamulan Mouseketeer

I dont see anywhere to do that!

19. erincon23

If you know how to duplicate a CD, don't have Grandma and Sally pay for Disney to make extra CDs. You're allowed to copy the CD yourself. Just do that (if you need to) and mail them -- everyone will save money.

20. erincon23

21. Peace Mickey Lovers

Peace Mickey Lovers Mouseketeer

Thank you for all your replys. I have ordered the cd Nd cant wait for my trip!:cool1: