Photopass CD and Photopass Plus

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by >Ash<, Sep 4, 2012.

1. >Ash<

>Ash< Sorcerer Of The Magic Kingdom

Hi Guys,

travelling in october got a question... never used photopass cd before as never really thought of buying many pictures however as this is our honeymoon trip i thought we would be having alot more piccys done with the photopass photographers so the cd will be worth the money.

but my questions are:-

do you need to preorder this? ive heard people preordering it, will their be plenty in the park to obtain one?

do i buy the cd on the first day or once i have collected all the pics throughout the stay?

if you have any links to more info on the photopass cd that would be amazing as im prettry in the dark about it.

does the photopass cd include all pics you have taken by photopass CM i know it excludes ride photos and dining meals pictures so im contemplating paying for the plus to make sure i can get everything :)

any info would be great, thanks guys

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Start here...

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

Some FAQ and info about Photopass PLUS...

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disneys-photopass-service/new-disney-photopass/10150650931518325

The regular Photopass preorder link (saves you $50)...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

The Photopass PLUS preorder link (saves you $30)...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx

Feel free to ask any additional questions! :goodvibes

4. Cherinva

Cherinva Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

the advantage of pre-order is a discount. However, I"m not sure there is still a discount on the PhotoPass Plus. I've bought the photopass several times...this year I pre-ordered the photopass plus, just because of the ride photos and restaurants....it will actually save us money.

5. SPHB ILU

SPHB ILU Earning My Ears

6. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

There is still the Plus Pre order discount, as well as the regular PP Pre order discount.

7. SPHB ILU

SPHB ILU Earning My Ears

Yes definitely preorder if you plan on getting either card! Saves money!!!

8. Nanny2004

Nanny2004 Mouseketeer

I am thinking of getting the photo pass + for my trip in late February 2013. Is it too soon to preorder? Does the voucher have an expiration date?

9. laurba99

laurba99 Earning My Ears

I wish I had known to pre-order-it is much pricier after and if you take lots of photos like we did you will want the whole CD. Each monday though the photopass site does post new discounts. I am hoping that this coming Monday they post another $15 off photopass CD. I saw it when I first got home and didn't realize the discounts on the site change weekly (each monday morning (I just called) they post new discounts)

10. cmh314

cmh314 Mouseketeer

I'm wondering this too. Anyone know?

11. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

As far as I know, there is no expiration. When we got ours for our August trip, we could have used it for our December trip.

12. BuzzLiteyear

BuzzLiteyear To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at t

Also, to the OP, if you're thinking of getting it preorder it. You'll save money and you won't regret having all those pics.

13. Lynnp

Lynnp Earning My Ears

I am planning on getting photopass+ for my next trip but was kinda bummed hat you only get 1 card. I found this tip on thmouseforless....has anyone tried this or heard of it working?

"Take a picture of your PhotoPass+ number with your phone. If you lose your card, Disney will still able to scan the number right off your phone! If your party has multiple phones, keep a scan of the card on each phone as PhotoPass readers can read these scans. If your party splits up, each person with a phone will have and can use the PhotoPass+ card individually. It's like having more than one card to use for your entire party!"

14. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

A PP cast member posted here and said that was not to be done. It was a thread citing that same Mouse forLess item. Some people argued and said the PP people (on the phone I think) told them it was ok. So I don't know the answer, but the photographer that posted here was quite adamant about it not being allowed from what I recall.

15. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

when we used the plus in Aug, i just had them get number of ride photo and then went back to the ride and added photo. i did th same day but have heard that it can be done the next day. all ride photos were there.

16. Lynnp

Lynnp Earning My Ears

Thanks. I must have missed that post. I thought there ws a good chance it was a no-no. You wouldn't want it too easy to share accounts.

17. ILuvTinkerbelle

ILuvTinkerbelle Mommy the Magic Maker

I am purchasing the Photo Pass+ now for our January trip and it is only $149 today! :thumbsup2

18. ILuvTinkerbelle

ILuvTinkerbelle Mommy the Magic Maker

Also there is an option to extend your photopass for 15 more days....is it $20, for anyone that was interested in this!

19. KimK2006

KimK2006 DIS Veteran

Is $149 the total cost? Or are there "extra" costs added later, like sales tax and shipping?

20. jgoody

jgoody Earning My Ears

We have pre-ordered PP Plus. On the evening of our arrival we are going to the Mickey character dinner at the Contemporary. But we're not going into our first park until the following day. My understanding is I have to be in a park to present my ticket and get the PP Plus lanyard.

Will there be any way to get our photos for free, and attach them to our account, at the Mickey character dinner?

21. Princess Michele

Princess Michele Mouseketeer

We were in the same situation as you for our trip last month. All you need to do is give the voucher to the Photopass photographer at Chef Mickey's and they will give you your Photopass card, pictures, and receipt with event photo number at your table. You will need to go to one of the Photopass locations and enter your event photo number on the receipt to have the digital images added to your Photopass. It was very easy to do.

Enjoy your trip.

Michele