Photographer photoshopped my teen update page 4

This drives me nuts. I can't stand it when I see 12-17 year old girls (i have 8 and 14 year old girls) wearing the "PINK" branded cloths.

teens do not need to be advertising sexy underwear. Call me old fashioned, but it a big deal to me.

I had a rule of "no words on the rear end" when my DD was a preteen and kids were starting to wear shorts like that. She was always so perturbed with me. Now as a 20 year old with more perspective, she thanks me for keeping her from wearing particular things like that.

I had a rule of "no words on the rear end" when my DD was a preteen and kids were starting to wear shorts like that. She was always so perturbed with me. Now as a 20 year old with more perspective, she thanks me for keeping her from wearing particular things like that.
Most of my DD's wardrobe comes from PINK. She doesn't own anything that has words across the rear end.

This drives me nuts. I can't stand it when I see 12-17 year old girls (i have 8 and 14 year old girls) wearing the "PINK" branded cloths.

teens do not need to be advertising sexy underwear. Call me old fashioned, but it a big deal to me.
Why? That's there target market! Dd13 and dd14 love PIMK, dd19 is getting a little old for it. Once girls feel they are too old for Justice, they want PINK. I think anyone over the age of 21 would look ridiculous in those clothes. Who wants to wear hoodies and sweats with bright glitter writing.

I thank you too. Booty shorts with words on the bottom are my pet peeve. They bug me the way guys with low-riding pants bother others. HATE.

The PINK MLB line is popular here with many girls/women in their teens & 20s. I'm confused as to why you find these clothes in any way inappropriate or offensive.

Jessica+Hart+New+York+Yankee+Robinson+Cano+0uoQctJkUiSl.jpg

The PINK MLB line is popular here with many girls/women in their teens & 20s. I'm confused as to why you find these clothes in any way inappropriate or offensive.

I'm not the person who made that comment, so should probably just stop typing, but I think her issue was with 12-17 year old shopping at Victoria's Secret. Like, the store created the clothing to start luring them in earlier and getting them hooked on the brand, but it's a brand that has no business marketing to children. Again, my interpretation of the other posters opinion, not necessarily my own. My hatred is limited to those stupid shorts.

A lot actually. It is a common problem. All the digital files will have my copyright in the lower right hand corner, and the XML has my name in it.

Think about it. A wedding has 100-300 guests. They all see a photographer there doing the work. But may not be close enough with the bride or groom to see their actual wedding album. But they will see what ever gets posted on instagram or failbook. I want what gets posted of mine to be my edits. That is my business on display, not the brides.

It is tough. Every photographer in the digital age has to struggle with it in some form.
Have you considered upping your cost, then removing your copyright and XML data? Call it a "digital release" fee or whatever?

There's a word for this top that spans all age groups - ugly.

What's the blue top with the straps and white thing under it - to the right of the person as you look at the picture.? Looks like something a hooker would wear? A teeny bralette with a ripped top?

I find all of the VS clothing to be extremely cheap and tacky looking, and poorly made.

PINK has some sexual innuendos not appropriate for underaged girls.

What's the blue top with the straps and white thing under it - to the right of the person as you look at the picture.? Looks like something a hooker would wear? A teeny bralette with a ripped top?

I find all of the VS clothing to be extremely cheap and tacky looking, and poorly made.

I'm not personally familiar with any hookers but I imagine they'd be overdressed in that top.

A bandeau top under a tank top? That's pretty common - way more modest than the tube top/short shorts of my day!

If I were a teenage girl today, I would be wearing things with words across my rear!
I think by 20 something that has to stop. It is a young girls game.

When I was in 5th grade int he early 80's, I wore the ripped flashdance style cut sweatshirts with tank top underneath. A teacher had something to say. My mom took care of that!

One thing I don't understand is the denim booty shorts that are cut like a bikini bottom at school and camp. Cheeks shouldn't hang out the bottom in more formal settings.. The school and my sons drama camp are always sending out notes about this. This should be saved for the beach!

Next time they ask for Pink, tell them they can get anything they want from Thomas Pink, as long as they pay for it from their own allowance.

I'm from the Boston area. Even the teens and 20 somethings would find those clothes offensive around here. :P

In all seriousness though, I would be offended if someone photoshopped my soon to be 13 year old DD's figure. She does't swim competitively, but she dances, so there are many photos of her in leotards. Body image can be so fragile at that age.

OP - Keep us posted. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter