Photo Sharing: Ultra Wide Angle

572404525_BTswG-L.jpg

572397774_XXRPT-L.jpg

572398237_iteyj-L.jpg

573046284_2BxTa-L.jpg

573047307_a4HGJ-L.jpg

573045576_E4B3v-L.jpg

573045269_DbR23-L.jpg

Suburbanmom...I'm desperately trying to join the UWA cult. I am pursuing an ad on Craigslist for a Sigma 10-20mm. If the people would ever reply to my queery, I will probably purchase it after a successful tryout.

Amy...

So...did the little brown truck come??

Well....It must be fate...
Went on craigslist (for the 1st time yesterday)... and....you guessed it..
11-16mm Tokina 2.8f Lens for Nikon DSLR bodies in mint condition.
and soooo close to my home and $100. less than the cheapest new ones Ive seen on line.

Oh yea...I sent a queery too!!:goodvibes Ive never used Craigslist...If I get a response..guess we meet..try out the lens..and then the deals done. Hope this is no kind of scam. CL is a bit scarry to me.:rolleyes1

Kyle, those shots are amazing! I'll definitely be putting my 10-20 to a little more use this next trip!

and soooo close to my home and $100. less than the cheapest new ones Ive seen on line.

Oh yea...I sent a queery too!!:goodvibes Ive never used Craigslist...If I get a response..guess we meet..try out the lens..and then the deals done. Hope this is no kind of scam. CL is a bit scarry to me.:rolleyes1

Unless you saw that listing within 5 minutes of it being posted, I wouldn't hold your breath. Actually, if I were you I would email the person with the listing again and say you'll pay $150. Depending on the seller's scruples, they may then sell it to you rather than the person who first responded.

I've joined the cult! And can't wait to use it on our trip to WDW next week.

Was walking through Best Buy and saw they had 1 Sony 11-18mm left. And on clearance. They ended up giving me 28% off the price!

I joined the cult!!!! I joined the cult!!!! Do we get t-shirts or coffee mugs, or something?

The UPS truck came and within 2 hours, we were on the road to spend the long weekend at Lake Erie. I have taken a lot of pictures with the new toy, but haven't had a chance to really weed through them and pick out the winners (if there are any!)

It's a little strange shooting so wide. The widest I usually go is 24mm on a DX D300....and I take mostly portraits, so I'm trying to avoid that wideness, usually. It's a challenge to get used to, but I can tell, I'm going to have fun.

Here's one of my first shots from yesterday morning.
p465261178-4.jpg

NIKON D300
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8
Focal length 11 mm
Exposure 1/400 at f/8

I joined the cult!!!! I joined the cult!!!! Do we get t-shirts or coffee mugs, or something?

You are now eligible to purchase a coffee mug bearing the cult's logo for $3,400. Purchase of a shirt requires that you achieve level 3. Achieving level 3 requires a nominal one-time cash donation of $5,650. ;) :rolleyes1 :eek:

Well....It must be fate...

Got my fingers crossed for you!!! That Tokina is a sweeeet lens.

Suburbanmom.... Nice shot !! :thumbsup2 Looking to see more...
Well...didn't hear from Craigslist...so I'm off starting today searching for a decent/good price on the Tokina and gonna get it.
Want to take it for my Disney trip in less than a month. Wish me luck!!
Most I see available are "imported" not US warranteed....dont want that..right??

I have orders for two Canon mount Tokina 11-16mm lenses. I originally was going to cancel one when the first shipped but I am curious if anyone here would be interested in buying it off me when it ships. That way if someone hasn't already ordered it they can get to the "front" of the line of people waiting for it. Let me know if your interested in it otherwise I'll be canceling one.

I gave the Tokina 11-16mm a workout on Sunday. Our church has been building a community center/gymnasium for that last 3 years and Sunday was the dedication. The church office called and asked if I'd mind taking pictures...LOL...do I mind???? HA! Like I mind planning a trip to WDW? I was thrilled to give the UWA lens a workout. Here's a few images from yesterday:

The new and imporved foyer:
p652985064-4.jpg

The amazing gymnasium:
p971840747-4.jpg

Cannot wait to cook something in this kitchen:
p1059911321-4.jpg

The ribbon:
p848620694-4.jpg

The sanctuary...not new, but improved with upgraded sprinkler systems:
p902934897-4.jpg

Upstairs/Downstairs:
p1004375137-4.jpg

Second story breezeway:
p947510887-4.jpg

I think I shot everything at f/2.8 and just adjusted the ISO to fit my needs. Sometimes I had to go upto ISO 2400. Those I ran through noiseware. I am so impressed with the sharpness and clarity of the Tokina lens. Thanks for looking!

I think that this may be the hardest lens to find ever....

I should have bought one last year when I had a chance... Now I have a trip coming up and I can't even find one to rent. :lmao:

Very impressive shots Amy....:thumbsup2
Clear and sharp and like jfinke...I'm still looking for mine.:sick:

OK...I did it !!!!!:dance3:

Looks like I'll be out on the porch waiting for that "Little Brown Truck" at the end of the week !!!
Ya Hoo !!!:woohoo:

OK...I did it !!!!!:dance3:

Looks like I'll be out on the porch waiting for that "Little Brown Truck" at the end of the week !!!
Ya Hoo !!!:woohoo:

Congrats on the purchase!!! :woohoo: Can't wait to see what you do with it. Mine has been very very sadly neglected since I got it a few weeks ago. Sitting in my camera bag while the usual suspect comes out to play---the Sigma 30.

Where did you end up finding one?

Congrats on the purchase!!! :woohoo: Can't wait to see what you do with it. Mine has been very very sadly neglected since I got it a few weeks ago. Sitting in my camera bag while the usual suspect comes out to play---the Sigma 30.

Where did you end up finding one?

Ann....
Been waiting for B&H to stock up, but, looking at the $$ from others, worried that the posted price ($589.) just won't happen with the "supply & demand" of this lens.
A place I've never delt with....Canoga Camera, US warranty, no tax or shipping and just under $600., shipped yesterday.:yay:
Of course I went and bought a filter 2 pack Tiffen UVHaze & CP too (from B&H)!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter