Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Really cool shots. You live in a beautiful area. Here's one I just shot from the Macro. Could of been better. Handheld, slight wind.

i-wGMMgFS-X3.jpg

I was looking for a "thumbs up" emoji but this will do. :thanks:

@dmaxphil, after you handle the lens for awhile I would love your thoughts on it.

Here's a video first look on the A6300 and new lenses from Cameras Store.

Thanks for posting that. I always enjoy their videos. This thing looks like a winner. That 85 1.4 was pretty.

Holy Smokes!!!! Phil that's huge...lol

Would you say the LAEA3 with A mount lenses focus as fast as w mount lenses?

Holy Smokes!!!! Phil that's huge...lol

Would you say the LAEA3 with A mount lenses focus as fast as w mount lenses?
LA-E3 70-200 SSM II was really quick. Maybe a tad slower, but comparable to the 90mm which is a little slower than the 55mm. I use this page as a reference and it matched up with my in store testing. http://briansmith.com/sony-a-mount-lens-sony-a7rii-guide/

There are reports of getting the Eye-AF to work using the adapter. That would be huge if true.

LA-E3 70-200 SSM II was really quick. Maybe a tad slower, but comparable to the 90mm which is a little slower than the 55mm. I use this page as a reference and it matched up with my in store testing. http://briansmith.com/sony-a-mount-lens-sony-a7rii-guide/

There are reports of getting the Eye-AF to work using the adapter. That would be huge if true.

My understanding is the eye-AF requires hybrid-contrast detect AF, and adapted lenses use phase-detect only. So I've heard of people getting eye-AF to work, by switching the camera to contrast detect AF, resulting in very slow AF on adapted lenses, but you get the eye-AF function. No experience, just what I've heard.

I suspect I'm going to get the a6300+commlite adapter, so I'll know then.

My understanding is the eye-AF requires hybrid-contrast detect AF, and adapted lenses use phase-detect only. So I've heard of people getting eye-AF to work, by switching the camera to contrast detect AF, resulting in very slow AF on adapted lenses, but you get the eye-AF function. No experience, just what I've heard.

I suspect I'm going to get the a6300+commlite adapter, so I'll know then.

Yes, I think that's what I read re: contrast detect only. Hopefully commlite gets released sometime soon.

Yes, I think that's what I read re: contrast detect only. Hopefully commlite gets released sometime soon.

A handful shipped and I've seen a few isolated reports. The bigger batches won't ship until August.

There would be a few Nikon lenses I'd really look forward to trying on the a6300.... Just too bad my 85/1.8 won't gain stabilization. It's my only non-stabilized lens over 35mm.

LOL. Ye that was a close up with about 40% of the image cropped out. Here's a 2.8 crop

Original shot at f2.8
i-n8695W9-X3.jpg

Crop of above
i-wzxkzRJ.jpg

Damn. If I ever switch to Sony full frame, it would be a tough choice of a portrait lens... The 90, the Batis 85, the 85GM..

Damn. If I ever switch to Sony full frame, it would be a tough choice of a portrait lens... The 90, the Batis 85, the 85GM..

I was dead set on the Batis, but I've seen too many samples showing abnormal bokeh balls. The cat eye variety. From the sample pic from that video above, the new Sony 85 looks like it will be a winner. Cost is the only problem, at $1800. It seems every lens on my list now is $1800 or more. :)

I think this 90 could be great for head shots or even half body portraits. Also environmental/landscape where lots of detail is a premium. I like the flexibility with it's macro ability as well. I'd also be interested in seeing results from an a6000.

My next step is to figure out if the Tamron 2.8 zooms work well enough with the LA-E3 adapter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter