Photo Sharing: Olympus, 4:3, Micro 4:3

This was the first steam on the Asheville branch in about 20 years, crowds were gathered at every crossing!

630_1050200_crop.jpg

630_1050179.jpg

On the Southern Loops descending the Blue Ridge. What would be a three mile straight line takes the railroad 12 miles (and takes I-40 over 5 miles).

Buried on page 3! Where are the 4/3's users who show us you don't need FF or even APS-C to make great images? You guys have anything new from this summer?

cookout_2.jpg

Colorado National Monument from the Colorado River near Grand Junction.

Panasonic G3, 12-35

Has anyone gotten or is thinking about getting the OM-D E-M1?

My photography budget at the moment is $0 so it will be a while before I make the jump from the E-M5.

My photography budget at the moment is $0 so it will be a while before I make the jump from the E-M5.

I've thought about it. But in reality, there's no way I can convince the wife that I need to spend another $1200 on a camera that is marginally better than my E-M5. The faster focus is a plus for action shots, but I'd rather save the money on glass. To be honest, I've been fine with my E-M5 and have had no issues with action shots. I set mine in burst mode and usually get a few good shots of my daughter's karate tests. I'm not sure what extras the E-M1 will bring to the table for me...especially at another $1200 a pop.

I've thought about it. But in reality, there's no way I can convince the wife that I need to spend another $1200 on a camera that is marginally better than my E-M5. The faster focus is a plus for action shots, but I'd rather save the money on glass. To be honest, I've been fine with my E-M5 and have had no issues with action shots. I set mine in burst mode and usually get a few good shots of my daughter's karate tests. I'm not sure what extras the E-M1 will bring to the table for me...especially at another $1200 a pop.

All good points!! I'm really interested in the recently released 12-40mm f/2.8 lens and the to be released 40-150mm f/2.8 lens. But again that is somewhere down the road for me.

Same here. Just picked up the 12/2 and am enjoying it big time. Seems like the investment in better glass is my best option (for now)! New camera body will have to wait.......

I just can't get into Olympus retro styling, there is no need for a pentaprism bump anymore. However, Panasonic's GX7 looks nice and it's *only* about the same price as the E-M1 for similar image quality.

And then there's the new Panasonic GM1, about the same size as a Sony RX100 but with 4/3 sensor and interchangeable lenses!

The new EP5 does pull off that new / retro rangefinder look pretty well though! No bump.... Unless you add that monster VF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter