Photo Sharing; HDR

rdunative and wbeem...fantastic job on the HDR shots. I love the "depth" of your shots, and most importantly they reflect what I would expect to see if I were looking at your subjects in person.

One of my biggest complaints about HDR is that sometimes the final product does not look "real"....no such complaints about your respective shots. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I think some folks just run the HDR software and leave it at that, but the photo isn't finished there. HDR is just about the light. You still have to correct the color and other details.

As to whether an image looks real or not, that could be an artistic choice. Sometimes I prefer a bit of surreal atmosphere, but that could happen whether the photo was HDR or not.

Roy+Disney.jpg

Here's a couple. Sorry, not Disney:upsidedow

Celebrity Solstice
allureoftheseas2011151me.jpg

Space Shuttle Discovery
AirandSpaceMuseum015_edited-1.jpg

Death Row at Eastern State Penitentiary
philadelphiapa2012074ME_edited-1.jpg

Cell block at Eastern State Penitentiary
PhiladelphiaPA2012046.jpg

Great Falls, VA
CopyofGreatFallsVA001_edited-1_filtered-1.jpg

rdunative and wbeem...fantastic job on the HDR shots. I love the "depth" of your shots, and most importantly they reflect what I would expect to see if I were looking at your subjects in person.

One of my biggest complaints about HDR is that sometimes the final product does not look "real"....no such complaints about your respective shots. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I try to keep it as real as you would see it in person with a little extra dark tones for accent.

Sunset+Stripper.jpg

I almost forgot that I did a version of that 1941 Cadillac Series 62. Damn fine looking automobile.

William, that car looks so much different at night. I like your version.

It's probably all the incandescent light at night that warms up the scene. I think I shot this one just prior to sunset, so had some soft daylight left. Caught a lot of reflections in the car body, but I kind of liked some of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter