Photo Links OKW

SueOKW

Go Tribe!!!
Hi - trying to convince my sister she will not be in our way at an OKW 2br.... we are going for 10 nights, and she and b-i-l will stay 3 of those nights .. in the master bedroom of course!! (she is my older sister and must be treated accordingly!) I can't tempt her with the parks as she has cancer and can't ride the rides for fear of hurting her bones. (boo!)

SO - - - good photo links of resort and 2BR should be all i need to get them down in April. It also helps that there's about 14 inches of snow in Dayton right now!!

thanks for help.
Sue

ps - pitchers and catchers have reported, so spring is just around the corner.

Hi Sue! I used to live in Dayton, and remember one storm that closed down everything for a couple days! (around mid to late 80's...) Stay warm!

I hope you can talk your sister into coming. Its great of you to invite them, and such a gracious host to give them the master bedroom! Best wishes on her health. There is so much to do and see in WDW without ever going on any violent rides.

As to your question, the best Resort photos I've found are at:

Magical Journey's OKW Resort Photos

but not many room pictures...

Deb Wills site has some great room shots:

All Ears OKW Photos

SueOKW,

We had 5 adults and 1 DD 12 in a 2BR villa at OKW in November, the rooms are huge and we had no problem, eveyone was very comfortable. Tell you sister and BIL to join you and they will have a great time!!!:D

Originally posted by SueOKW
I can't tempt her with the parks as she has cancer and can't ride the rides for fear of hurting her bones. (boo!)

Sue I would tempt her with the parks, but with the shows not the rides. I happen to think Festival of the Lion King is worth the price of admission to Animal Kingdom and if she can't ride the safari ride there are all sorts of walks and trails that she can go through and see the animals. You can also take her over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the animals and maybe have lunch or dinner. The last time we were there we caught a cultural lecture from a Mawsai (sp?) from Kenya and I was fascinated by his culture and his way of life.

Then there's World Showcase at EPCOT- Each country usually has it's own performers that can be better than any thrill ride, in my opinion, not to mention you may be able to find somewhere to sit and watch Illuminations. I don't know how her health is or how quickly she might tire out, but there is certainly a LOT to do in WDW without ever stepping foot on a ride!:)

Good luck!

we got 'em guys.. hook, line and sinker!

they've already made the plane reservations! yipee!! the next fight is making them take the master bedroom.. they really are the best relatives to take on a trip!

thanks muchos!!
Sue

My b-i-l is an attorney, so during this morning's IM about the whole thing I read him his verandah rights...

You have the right to sit on the verandah.
You have the right to prop your feet up.
You have the right to a beverage of your choice.
If you don't choose a beverage, one will be provided for you.
Do you understand these rights as I've read them?

I'm really psyched they are coming. She has spoiled me for years, now it's finally my turn!

SueOKW this sounds magical. We will be treating Brother & SIL and family, Mom & Dad in a few days in the soothing atmosphere of OKW. Next year its the in laws.

Have a magical stay and sprinkle losts of pixie dust. :wave:

Hey, I like the Verandah rights statement, LOL!!!

Glad to hear you were able to get them to go. If they do decide to take the Master bedroom and you don't see them for a couple of days - don't be alarmed!!!!!!!!!! The Master Bedroom & Bath is wonderful. Since you will be taking the 2nd bedroom, it is quite nice too especially if you get a dedicated 2 bdrm - lots of closet space. The living/kitchen area is quite big. One evening (while it was pouring outside) we had all the family over for the evening - 9 adults and 4 kids and we had plenty of room for entertaining.

I second tempting her with the parks. If she needs assistance with getting around you could get her an ECV (I think that's what they are called). There is soooo much to do in the parks without going on rides.

Have a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter