photo cd on 3 day

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by krazy4crusing, Oct 8, 2013.

1. krazy4crusing

krazy4crusing Zippadeedodah!

Do you know how much a photo CD is for a 3 day cruise?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Last I knew, $249.95. Plus $50.00 if you wish all the photos printed as well.

4. mlayton14

mlayton14 Mouseketeer

OMG that is an outrageous price

5. PrincessShmoo

I guess it depends on how many photos you plan on having taken.

6. krazy4crusing

krazy4crusing Zippadeedodah!

I was hoping they would prorate it since its a short cruise. Oh well.

7. PrincessShmoo

It is prorated.

7 night $349.95; 4 night $299.95; 3 night $249.95.

It's a set cost for a set number of days.

8. scrapbookmomma74

scrapbookmomma74 We love DCL!!!

It's not really very fairly pro-rated...less than half the days of a 7 night cruise, but only $100 less doesn't seem right.

9. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

I've been playing around on the new website the Shutters company has up now. I'm not sure if it's the same price onboard, but pre-paying for the CD with all pictures through mycruisephotos.com is $229 for both a 3-day and 4-day cruise. Prints add-on is still $50. I will definitely be doing this when our January cruise becomes available for pre-purchase.

10. mjl1969

mjl1969 Mouseketeer

Where are all of the photo opportunities that would justify such a high cost? I know there is in the main atrium but where else?

11. tigerfan2012

tigerfan2012 Mouseketeer

We boarded the dream with expectations of getting the cd for a 4 day cruise. Price was 249. However there just were not many photos. I was used to CCL and RCCL that take pics like crazy. But we had maybe 5 photo ops. We bought 2 photos of what we did get. Def glad we didn't prepay for the cd.

12. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

There's multiple sittings in the atrium, both for character greetings and posed family portraits. We've done 4-5 sittings in a single night before. The photographers also take candid shots around the pool deck and on Castaway Cay in addition to the scheduled character stops on the island.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

13. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

We've gotten the CD on every cruise we've been on, including a 2-nighter, and never regretted it. But we also do a lot more photo ops than just 5. Especially given what we would pay a professional on land for portraits, and for only one sitting, it's a great deal.

14. ljd911

ljd911 Earning My Ears

We are taking a 3 day on the Dream and plan to buy the CD I just hope it's worth it. We are a sucker for pics and figure this is the best way to go. I am pleased to hear the price since I was told it cost $350. They must of been on the longer cruise.

15. PrincessShmoo

As well as roving photographers in the MDRs (and Palo, I think). Plus, I've read where the characters make appearances in the kids clubs, sometimes (with photographers).

And you can have multiple shots taken at the locations (well, within reason, it's not a private session).

16. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

And possibly AquaDuck photos if functioning. Check kiosk.

We can only hope they will offer AquaDunk photos too, on the new Magic.

:)

17. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Photographers also shoot on castaway cay. On the beach and next to the ship. Characters also are available there.

18. Bella29

Bella29 Mouseketeer

I agree with the pp that said the price is outrageous, especially considering that you can no longer get the pictures without the kitschy borders they attach. I *love* photos but it's just getting ridiculous!

19. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

We love the borders, because we can't get them anywhere else. They're not on the family portraits. I do think they should offer both with and without to satisfy everyone. But in the past the only disappointment with our CDs was that I had to spend time in Shutters anyway choosing prints with borders that we liked since they weren't on the CD. Now we don't, so it's an even better investment for us.

20. mrslaney

mrslaney Mouseketeer

We were out in the water on Castaway Cay (about waist deep) when a photographer came wading out to us and took a group photo. He took pictures of both the water behind us and the island behind us. It was the same photographer that came by at dinner every night and he knew our kids by name. We were impressed since it was just a 3 night cruise and we didn't do any of the sittings in the atrium.