Phones

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by wilki32, Oct 8, 2012.

1. wilki32

wilki32 <font color=purple>Mickey wine glasses are meant f

Is it best to buy a pay as u go phone? We have 2 groups and wont be doing the parks always at the same time but will need to meet up so thinking of buying 2 phones rather than pay the extortionate amount on our UK phones. If this is the best way, where is the best place to get them from?
    Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

We just used our UK phones when we were there this year and last. Texting is not that expensive and it doesn't cost any more to receive texts. To me, unless you are going to be making a lot of calls or need data roaming, it is not worth buying a PAYG phone when you can communicate perfectly adequately via text message.

4. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

We are same as Joh, use UK phones.
    We have been numerous times with friends and relatives. We arrange a time and place to meet so only time we need to text is if plans change which they rarely do.
    When staying in Disney we use the inroom phones, staying offsite use the phones if free or WiFi to communicate free.

So many ways to do it free now we hardly spend anything on our UK phones, this summer cost us about £5 extra, no-where near the cost of buying US phones.

5. MichelinMan

MichelinMan I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

If you have an unlocked phone, you can get an international SIM card (I will be getting one to use next year from a company called Trusim). It is a prepay SIM, but call and text charges are cheaper, and data usage is much cheaper (which will be the attraction for me as I will be using my phone for Sat Nav and lines in the parks).

6. wilki32

wilki32 <font color=purple>Mickey wine glasses are meant f

Thanks, think we'll just use our phones, gives us more money to spend :)