Phones for med trip

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mardonna, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mardonna

mardonna Mouseketeer

We will be in Europe from July 1st-July 26th with extended stays in France, and Spain. The rest of the trip will be on eastern med cruise... visiting Italy, Turkey, Greece, and Malta.....I know that are US phones will be extremely expensive in Europe and mine doesn't even work there. I have 2 Virgin phones I bought in London in 2010 that are pay as you go.....will these work in the other countries or do I need to purchase new phones when when arrive, I would love to hear your thoughts.

2. bellelinus

bellelinus <font color=deeppink>You have liberally applied fl

Those Virgin PAYG phones should be fine. My oldest daughter goes to college in London and has a Virgin PAYG phone that she has used when traveling in Europe. I think the per minute/text rate is more once on the Continent than within the UK, but you can check that rate online.

3. mardonna

mardonna Mouseketeer

I just got my old LG UK phones charged and when I took out sims card and tried to register it said card was invalid.....is it best to just purchase new sims card with a paris number since that is where I will be using phones.....? If I need to purchhase pay as you go phones in Paris....which compnay is best to use