Petition?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by gtitian, Jul 26, 2012.

1. gtitian

gtitian Earning My Ears

Hi all, I'm new to the boards, but I've been lurking here and other places around the online Disney community for a while now, and I have a question.

Seeing as so many of us Disney fanatics, particular those of us who frequent Walt Disney World agree on a few issues, has anyone ever attempted to create a massive and formal petition to affect some of the policy and infrastructure changes we so desire in the parks? I can't imagine that a petition with 100,000 or more signatures on it, politely requesting that the sorcerer hat be torn down, would be looked at lightly... particularly if the press were involved in it's presentation. Similarly a petition calling for a massive monorail expansion and returning EPCOT Center to some of it's core themes and values?

I'm just wondering if this has been tried is all. I took a look at change.org and there are a handful of petitions going over there right now, though they mostly have to do with programming on the Disney channel.

Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

:lmao:

4. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Huh....I am completely baffled.

So you want to replace the entire staff of number crunchers that determine what is best for the investors and stockholders. Don't think so.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I had the same reaction as Deb & Bill. Disney is going to make their investment decisions based on what will make more money. The monorail is only a means of transportation between resorts and parks. As such its a cost. It doesn't generate any revenues.

Yes, the same can be said about busses and boats. They don't generate any revenues either. However, Disney has found its cheaper and provides more operational flexibility to invest in busses and boats rather than monorails.

6. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

The only thing i can say is Welcome to The Boards :rotfl: And I kinda like the Hat :)

7. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Can I, can I, can I .....I am an architect and a construction manager.

Do you have any idea the cost of a monorail expansion in the year 2012. I could give you the cost by the foot and it would make you fall out of your chair.

And to add insult to injury, it does not generate any income at all. Read about the expansion at Las Vegas and the subsequent issues with the city almost declaring bankruptcy for good.

Then the maintenance costs; fuel, storage for the night, getting them under cover during hurricanes to prevent damage. One track alone, where buses could be diverted anywhere on any road and be more efficient.

You have to think outside the box on these things.

8. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

Disney does not accept ideas from outside sources.

9. tinkbyday

tinkbyday DIS Veteran

I like the hat too!!

10. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Thank goodness. Like I said, why would you want someone who has no experience in satisfying the stockholders wanting to dictate what goes on at any major corporation.

11. sadiras

sadiras Mouseketeer

I hate that hat. Where do I sign?

12. Tltorrez

Tltorrez DIS Veteran

Lol! I can't decide if this is a troll or a clever veteran poking fun at all the trolls we've had lately.

13. Tamdude

Tamdude Mouseketeer

ok, I can't resist... Why demolish the hat?

14. Mom2six

Mom2six DIS Veteran

Why don't people like the Sorceror's Hat? pixiedust: I like it and so do my children. But then again, I'd also rather they spend the money on ride construction than a monorail.

15. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Me too. I love Fantasia; the sorcerer's hat is the best.

16. usd2bmd

usd2bmd DIS Veteran

This:thumbsup2

And This

Then there's this!

But most of all This!:cool1:

17. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

I'd like to start a petition to end these types of petitions

18. *Fantasia*

*Fantasia* <font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c

I'm right behind you!

To the OP... it's not going to happen... We love the hat!! :thumbsup2

19. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I am sure that if you were to give The Powers That Be at Disney a petition signed by 100,000 people, they would smile and thank you for your interest and affection for WDW and tell you that it would receive all the attention that it deserves. And then promptly place it in the circular file holder. As they should. It is a major multinational corporation. It is answerable to its shareholders.

The OP reminds me a little bit of the poster last year who wanted to start an Occupy movement at WDW. If memory serves, that didn't fly either.

And why is this on the Resorts board?

20. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Very shortly it will be on the Theme Parks board. Keep your hands and feet inside the ride vehicle. :upsidedow

21. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

The only thing that might sway Disney is fewer people coming to the parks. A petition isn't going to make any difference.

By the way, I wish that they would completely refurbish the monorails too. They are rather tacky and break down too often which is a shame for us because we consider them an attraction.